“Under rated - highly enjoyed our stay”
Review of Lomeniz Hotel

Lomeniz Hotel
Ranked #83 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
London
“Under rated - highly enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for 7 nights in June 2011 and had a lovely time. I was a little nervous after making the booking after reading some of the reviews written before hand. I agree with some of the faults made againts the hotel including; not enough sun loungers by the pool as there are a heavy amount of Germans and reserve beds at early hours of the morning, and the food availble is limited and not of great quality. However, we went on a board basis of bed and breakfast and found some amazing restraunts in the Old Rhodes Town. We didnt choose to walk to the town during our stay and used the local taxi service, the average rate into Rhodes town was around 6 euros. People who are writting the bad reviews about this Hotel are clearly not looking at how much they are paying for their holiday you do get what you pay for!!! However the rooms are of a good standard and are cleaned daily, the receptionist staff are lovely and will go out of their way to help you and they need to be more commended for this. As a couple we had an amazing time and have brought back some lovely memories from Rhodes it is a beautiful Island! Please dont let any of the bad reviews put you off, I recommend that you go for a bed and breakfast basis and eat in the restraunts in the old town! Make the most of what is around you and you will enjoy every minute of your stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Emi-h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Hotel not as discribed in broucher arrived @ 17.45 booked in handed paper with rules& regs. only to find evening meal times were crossed out from 21.00hrs to 20.00hrs by the time booked in resturant was closed ( no snacks were offered ) had to go out for meal, breakfast very limited choice for English people, and luke warm food, lunch evening meals were basic pork,chicken,pasta,blanched veg served @ both lunch & evening sittings spag boll served 3 times in 1st 4 days all drinks served in plastic glasses for all inc. guests @ all times (last orders 22.45 for all inc.) felt this a bit early but drinks can be purchased after this time and are then served in glasses limited English spoken by bar staff execpt bar mananger Lukis.
Hotel rooms basic, bathroom very compact clean sheets/towels changed daily except Sundays little else cleaned (dusting,or cleaning tops floors mopped)
Hotel 1.9km from Old Town €4-€5 taxi fare away or approx.30 min.walk not much near hotel in way of shops/bars.
Not found in hotel cafe bar,snack bar,mini market,games room as adveritsed on internet as available (only snacks found were sauage rolls biscuits & cake left on table outside resturant door not replaced when empty) also no Greek night as advertised on hotel internet site
Changing money into Euro very limited front desk staff most helpful no cleaners on site during evening for cleaning of toilets if req. all left to morning inc.replacement toilet rolls
No English reps call on site unless requested we had no rep as we travelled with Escape Holidays but telephoned Olympic who kindly sent Cheryl to help book some tours as there are no booking shops avalible in Rhodes that we found.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tony_swatton
Newcastle
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Just returned from a 11 day trip and I wouldn't go back. This hotel is run on a shoe-string. The lifts weren't working (even though everyone was on the top floor), not enough sun-loungers or space around the pool, the water was cold and a couple of times there was none at all, not even cold! The food was another matter altogether - it was diabolical and totally spoilt our holiday. The waiting staff were rude and grabbed your plate if you put your knife and fork down together, you were hurtled along to be in and out of the dining room within 10 minutes and the meal times were too early and too brief. I have never been on a holiday abroad when I had finished my evening meal by 6.45pm before!
The other thing is that this hotel is a good 25-30 minutes walk away from the centre (not 10 or 15 minutes as claimed elsewhere). The reception staff were not knowledgable about bus services either and we were given two stories about the bus before we figured it out ourselves.
The beds were hard and uncomfortable and they mistakenly got some of our clothes wrapped up in bedding and although these were returned to us they weren't even laundered - unbelievable!
And which hotel would put doors into its property that need to be banged in order to ensure that they lock?!
Please don't go to this hotel - there are so many others to choose from in Rhodes. I am an experienced traveller who has stayed in all kinds of accomodation from zero stars to 6 stars and this was not good. Don't do it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JoeyNewcastle

Travellers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Hellas
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We stayed at "Lomeniz" for 7 nights. When I reserved it, I requested a room with a sea view. When we arrived, we were not given one. I told the receptionist about my request she said that she was unable to read it since the webpage had transformed the greek characters into incomprehensible symbols . We slept in a room that was facing the back side of the hotel (rather ugly) during the first night and the following morning we were moved to a triple room with a nice sea view. The receptionist was very polite. The room was refurbished, quite clean and comfortable. The only problem was the central air-conditionig system. It wasn't effective and it should be individually operated. We woke up because of the mornig heat. We bought the A.I. for one day, the food was not something special, but more than OK for the money we had paid. The location is not the best you can find, but it wasn't a problem since we had rented a car and we went downtown fast and easily. Plus, we didn't have any parking problems. Rhodes was great and this hotel served our needs. If you don't intend to spend much time in the hotel and you want to explore the island, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea -view room.
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CatherineKat
Solihull, England
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Cannot fault hotel. Food was of good quality and plenty of choice. We returned to the UK on 16th October after spending a week All Inclusive and hotel was practically empty. Reception staff very nice. Bar staff not so accommodating. Restaurant staff good and quick to tidy up. Our room was clean but the bathroom very small, however, had all necessary amenities and fortunately you only spend a small percentage of time in there! Only one negative was that it is off the beaten track and no where to go of a night for a walk. It takes about 20 mins to walk to the old town but a little dark to walk of a night. Had a lovely week. To sum up: if you like a good hotel, quiet, no entertainment and good food, then I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dorriss51
Cambridge
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Just got back from a week at the Lomeniz and after reading reviews was not looking forward to it and decided I had made a mistake. However, I am happy to admit I was wrong! The hotel (recently revamped it appears) was clean, comfortable and well presented. Clean sheets and towels every day, free air conditioning, sea view. The reception staff in particular were very friendly and helpful. Absolutely loved the Old Town and even though we went there every night I know we still did not manage to see everything. The beach was just across the road, but be warned it is advisable to wear something on your feet when going in the sea. I got a nasty cut the first day but once I found suitable shoes (for only 5 euros) it was fine. The bar staff didnt smile much but we never had to wait long to be served, so that was the main thing. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank sunworshipper000
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I just came back from Rhodes,Where I stayed at the Lomeniz.
The hotel is located in the harbour area,Zephiros,and is newly refurbished and welcoming.
I stayed in Lomeniz for 5 nights,during all the room was well cleaned,Breakfast rich,well portioned and tasty,and staff that was always attending and helpful with every question.
In my last day at the Lomeniz,my pickup service did not contact me as promised.
A young lady,Georgina,a reception manager - calmed me and promised she will take care and all will be fine,so I will not miss my flight back home.
She contacted the pickup service,afirmed their arrival,and left me a message that all is taken care of. WHAT A SERVICE.THANK YOU GEORGINA.
Night time is a good time to explore the restaurants of fish and seafood in the near by harbour,and since the hotel is located in Zephiros access to town is easy and quick,once you learned the path (Dimocratias).
Well recommended hotel to stay.Great Staff.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
#13 of 33 in Kolimbia
Belair Beach Hotel
Belair Beach Hotel
#29 of 127 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lomeniz Hotel? Share your experiences!