All reviews el toro old town clean comfortable rooms min walk triple room cleaned regularly greek yogurt free air conditioning quiet area local tavernas nice holiday swimming pool is sheets and towels watermelon snack bar rented a car flat screen tv
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Although we arrived to Lomeniz Hotel with rather low expectations, knowing well that by choosing a three-star hotel we were not to expect luxury, we really did not think that lack of facilities would mean lack of cleanliness. Alas, how wrong we were! The bathroom looked as if it had not been cleaned for months, we found hair on the glasses, dust and dirt on the washbasin and all around it, as well as on the floor, and mould on the bathtub! There were holes in some of the towels and sheets, though the room itself was fairly clean, apart from the desk where we found clearly visible stains, rather easy to remove, with a little effort, as we soon discovered. But we did not bargain for cleaning the room ourselves... On the balcony ... the same dirty environment! Plus, not even once did they clean it during our stay! The "Do not disturb" sign was nowhere to be found and it took several hours for it to be delivered, on request, with a powerful knock on the door ... which kind of defeated the purpose... Breakfast and dinner were acceptable, but rather monotonous. Not too many things to choose from, and we were offered pretty much the same dishes every day. However, all these aside, the beach was not at all crowded, and only three minutes away, which was extremely handy. Moreover, the sandy beach and the calm sea provided for excellent entertainment. There were several places near the hotel where we could have lunch at affordable rates, and a 30-minute walk took us to the old centre of the town and to the Mandraki port. So, apart from the lack of cleanliness, we had a very enjoyable stay, especially since Rhodes is a town definitely worth visiting!

1  Thank Tony334
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nice , clean hotel , very friendly staff , 200 m walk from the beach. The breakfast was ok , but the same every day. If you want to go to the city center you must take a bus or a taxi , or if you want to walk , takes about 20 minutes.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have just returned from a two week stay in this hotel and I was quite disappointed with it. Most of the reviews on here were good, which was why I booked this hotel and I wish I had picked somewhere else. I am not particularly fussy when it comes to hotels and wouldn't go into whether or not there was rips in the towels or a bit of dust under the bed but a comfortable bed and something to eat is a must. The bed was not comfortable at all. it was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor and the breakfast was awful. I would have been happy if they just had toast!! There was a selection of black boiled eggs, grey scrambled eggs, cheap cornflakes with sour milk, bacon (that looked like slices of fried chopped pork),cold baked beans,cheese, cold meat, melon and pastries. The only thing that saved me from starving was the lovely barman, who works in the morning, who made me toast everyday to take into the breakfast room so I could have it with (cold) beans, even though the girl who worked in the canteen originally told me I was unable to do this.also a lot of the other guests, who I think were all inclusive, seemed like they had maybe missed their plane to Magaluf so decided to go to Rhodes instead! The town is about a 25 minute walk from the hotel which I didn't mind but it is not a nice walk. The area around the hotel is very poor with rubbish everywhere, overflowing bins, cracked pavements and old unused buildings. Rhodes town though is lovely. The hotel also does not have a pool bar. What they advertise as a pool bar is actually just the hotel bar which you can get drinks from and take out to the pool. it is not outside next to the pool. its just a normal bar which you would find in a pub. It doesn't sell ice lollies, slushes or crisps. The beach across the road is better than the pool, with a really nice man who lets you stay on the sun loungers for as long as you want. Even though I didn't like the Greek food and mostly ate chips, soup or waffles there are some nice restaurants in the old and new town but don't go to Daneila's restaurant grill house in the new town. we chose to go here as they served baked potatoes. However after ordering and eating some of the potato I found a maggot in it!!! This was a horrible disgusting experience and I found it difficult to eat anything after this. When I told the man that worked there and showed him the maggot he said it was not a problem, that it was "nothing." I'm not sure if I would go back to Rhodes as there's not much to do at night but I certainly would not go back to this hotel.

Room tip: Choose a room in another hotel
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Clean & comfortable rooms
Near to towndown- Place of rest
Average meal- unacceptable Hellenic dishes
Very bad bar - Worst music that hear ever!
Dont trust the officer for rent a car! He is cheast & big lier (is not employee of hotel)

Room tip: swiming pool view
Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank Theodoros S
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Lomeniz hotel is one of the best hotels in Greece that I have been till now.It was clean , rooms were big and comfortable.The staff was very friendly and helpfull, the food was very good ( a big variety was offered).We had to walk 15 minutes to reach the town center but there were many supermarkets ,shops and kiosks near the hotel.If someone doesnt want to walk he has the opportunity to go with the taxi which is really cheap!!! Generally the hotel is in a very good condition.

• Trip type: Travelled with family