All reviews budget hotel old town family establishment lovely little hotel an excellent base small lift small balcony base for exploring the ritz good size clean rooms mini market mandraki harbour minute walk eli beach quiet at night twin room
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spent six nights here in June 2013. Twin room with huge fridge, tiny balcony and the smallest bathroom I have ever come across anywhere in the world. If all you want is a clean room to sleep in and somewhere to shower then this is no problem. Minutes from the harbour and the local beach but best of all minutes from the Old Town. Room service is faultless, all the staff friendly and the breakfast adequate if restricted and a bit monotonous after a week. Strangely quiet bar. I had one beer there early evening waiting for my wife to come down from the room, but apart from that did not see a single person use it. Also the smallest lift I have come across. Maybe not for claustrophobics, but I would use Sylvia Hotel again.

Room tip: The higher the better for views.
Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank Dadineedhelp
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel was more than adequate for our needs. Breakfast comprises cereals, fruit, various types of bread and rolls, eggs, ham, cheese and fresh salad. This gave us a good start to our day. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We used the receptionist as a Tourist Information Guide and she was only too willing to help. Adjustable aircon in the room, which helped give us a comfortable nights sleep.
The only bad points I should point out are the distinct lack of TV channels, (but I suppose you don't go to watch TV do you?) and the small shower/toilet room. No shower curtains so water tends to get everywhere. Minor gripes but just worth a mention.
The area is quiet and hardly any street noise at night. About 15 minutes walk to the old town. I would use this hotel again without hesitation.

Date of stay: August 2013
3  Thank MidlandsToffee_man
Reviewed 21 August 2013

At 10 min. from port and a local beach, 5 min. from the Supermarket Papoo, 15 min to Zefiros beach and 15 min to Old Town. Room with A/C, big fridge, tv, balcony whit table and chairs (very good at night to rest from a long day). Free WiFi net working ok, the cleaning is impeccable (room, towers, sheets), the hotel staff is very kind and polite (they help us with good advice about reaching to the touristic places). The breakfast was very good and always fresh.
Thank you for a great experience and a amazing vacation - definitely to be recommended.

Room tip: The higher floors have a view to the port.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Cosmin M
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is a great option if you wish to explore Rhodes town. The reception staff are professional, friendly and speak English well. The room and bathroom were of a good size, neat, clean and quiet ! The location is great - a 10 minute walk from the port from the Ferry from Marmaris or Santorini and a 20 minute walk through the old town to the central bus station for the airport bus. There are busstops closer to the hotel as well. The old town gates are 5 minutes walk away, so easy to explore both day and night. There is a superette across the road and a larger supermarket about a block away. The breakfast was basic, but absolutely adequate. Thank you for a great experience - definately to be recommended.

Room tip: High floor.
Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank ExpostaySA
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Location: 10 minutes walk from the port and the nearest bus stop (buses goes to the east coast), 20 minutes walk from the bus stations/Market place
Rooms: Quite big with balcony, TV and A/C working properly. They have a big fridge in the room. Also table with chair. Wifi is worked from the room.
Cleaning: They cleaned the room every day properly. Immaculate work. Well down.
Reception: I had a late check in after midnight, but it was worked and I get all information I needed. Only one small negative about the reception. After my check out in the same day evening when I came back to my suitcase I ask them have they find my iPod in my room, the receptionist guy said no. After I checked my luggage and it wasn`t in, thatswhy I asked again the gent, maybe we can enter the room to look it. After it he get a call and the housekeeper found it, and it was in her trolley. I think it was not the best way to find it.
Breakfast: I wasn`t very satisfied with a breakfast. The following items are in: bread and rolls, boiled eggs, butter, jams, ham or salami (day rotation), cucumber, tomato, cornflakes, coco pops, yoghurt (strawberry and nature), dry small croissant. Coffe is from the machine, but very light (espresso is an americano), cheap teabags and 1 small glass of orange juice or grapefruit (they are serve it individually).
Facilities: Wifi worked properly from everywhere, elevator as well.

Room tip: my room was 103, it was excellent
Date of stay: July 2013