Anastasia Hotel
US$182
US$178
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sentido Ixian All Suites(Rhodes Town)
US$268
US$262
US$102
US$96
Belair Beach Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$128
US$123
Hotels.com
US$198
US$186
  • Breakfast included
Dionysos Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$97
  • Beachfront
US$300
US$280
All reviewsyogurtold townbreakfast packagenever stay anywhere elseten minute walkquiet locationcharming hotelwonderful hospitalityair conditioningexcellent staythoroughly enjoyed our staybars and restaurantsstefaniahostsgreecerhodeshoney
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I booked in for 5 nights at this delightful hotel from 17 May 2012.
It is on the fringe of the town, 5 minutes walk from the sea
and 15 minutwes from the old town.
Mihalis and his wife Stefania are quiet, unobtrusive people, always
ready to help with any problems...and providing the Cleanest ''spotless'
en-suite rooms in a small private hotel...in my experience !!

Breakfast is 'continental ' with rolls, croissants, cakes yoghourt honey
and eggs - coffee and tea, served outside (weather permitting) in their
lovley courtyard full of exotic mediterranean plants. And in their garden
Mihalis takes great pride in his tortoises , of which there are some old
ones and many new babies...scupulously looked after (as with everything
Mihalis does)

Rooms are high ceilinged and airy, excellent showers/facilities - and
spotless !! VERY IMPORTANT!!

I have read the very few negative comments - barely 1 percent ...
and I sincerely believe there must be something wrong with these
people. Maybe they have problems of their own...and their
comments are totally unjust.!!

An excellent selection of small restaurants, cafe's, cocktail bars
nearby together with small private car rental places at very
competitive prices. In the Old Town, Restaurants are quite
expensive - much better to eat near to Anastasia Hotel...and I
have to say on the sea side....especially at a new restaurant
called 'Ocean Front'. Views of the Agean Sea across to the
mountains of Turkey - very good english spoken - very
delicious dinners / wines / beer at reasonable prices.

Don't miss either Hotel Anastasia - or eating at Ocean Front
if you want fantasic cleanliness and good simple food at
affordable prices. Location/ Value 10 out of 10 !!!

Bob Wimhurst - Birmingham - ENGLAND

Room Tip: All the rooms I looked at were good - and Michalis will be flexible and try to suit your requirements if there are some empty rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Like other reviewers, I initially thought I would stay in the Old Town, but I'm so glad I chose to stay at Anastasia Hotel. It is a lovely Italianate mansion (and "old" to someone from California!), less than a 10 minute walk to the Old Town, but a million miles from all the cruise boat/package tourists over there (the Old Town is definitely worth seeing, and there are lovely, quiet side streets, but I thought staying in the New Town was much more pleasant and convenient). The hotel was a very good value - my room was immaculate and felt spacious, with tall ceilings and a larger than average bathroom (for Greece). I didn't have any view from my room, but that was fine - it made it the quietest hotel I stayed in during my time in Greece. As other reviewers have mentioned, the owners are very nice - very low-key, not asking you every time you walked by what you did that day, but if you had questions, they were happy to answer them - and when I arrived, the husband spent a few minutes going over the map with info about the neighborhood, as well as advice on where to go on the island with 3 days there. (I spoke English with him, but he and his wife appeared to also speak Italian and French and maybe other languages.) The breakfast was also quite nice, in the side garden, with lots of pastries and bread, plus delicious yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, juice and tea/coffee.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2012

At first when I started researching which hotel to stay in on a trip to Rhodes, I had wanted to stay in the Old Town (inside the castle walls), since Old Towns usually have more character than merely residential areas of town. But I chose Anastasia Hotel for its outdoor space; it seemed more roomy than hotels in the Old Town. Am I ever glad, now that I compared it with the cramped hotels in the Old Town, surrounded by hawkers selling their wares or restaurants to everyone who passes. Anastasia Hotel is a much more authentic experience of Rhodes than touristy Old Town (and it's only a 10 minute walk away).

I also enjoy hotels with not so many rooms (the Anastasia has 6-7 rooms, I believe), and their breakfast is quite filling. I rented a scooter the minute I got off the boat, so it was easy to get to know Rhodes, simple to find the hotel. At night time, the area around the hotel is really hopping (the back streets are filled with people, very few cars), with lots of restaurants and bars. Yet, the hotel was set back from the street, and was quiet for sleeping.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank provencebill
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Thank you, Stefania and Mihail for the service when we stayed with you early april. We have allways been very happy with the clean and cousy rooms and the great hospitality. Again, thank you. See you in may.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Norwegian62
Reviewed 12 April 2012

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I expected this hotel to be very good. After arriving, I was blown away by the incredible service and hospitality of Mihalis and Stefania.

The hotel is located in the new town of Rhodes, on a very pleasant street close to lots of great restaurants, bars, and cafes. There is also a small store for groceries within 50 meters of the hotel, as well as an excellent wine and liquor store around two blocks away. The hotel is located slightly off the main street, so make sure to look carefully for the sign when arriving (or give the taxi driver the exact address). I found the location to be perfect. It was a very short walk to the old city (around 10 minutes), and is close to great restaurants (and away from the many over-priced tourist traps in the old town). You can also very easily walk to Rhodes city beaches, as well as the ancient (and also the modern) harbors. If you rent a car while in Rhodes, parking close to the hotel should not be a problem.

The hotel itself is very quaint and charming. Everything is impeccably maintained, and my room was cool and spotless, with high ceilings, huge windows (that open fully) and a large bed. I also had a view of the "tortoise zoo", directly below the room in the hotel's garden. The room was really quiet, as the hotel itself is set back quite a bit from the main street. The room was also a fantastic value!

The best thing about the Anastasia Hotel though is its wonderful owners, Mihalis and Stefania. As soon as I arrived, after a quick check-in, I joined Mihalis for a drink and we chatted for hours. He filled me in on all sorts of details about Rhodes, and Greece in general, and also introduced me to some really interesting off-roading friends. He also recommended a great place for dinner. Over the next few days, he gave me a plethora of great advice on what to do while I was on the Island. He wisely steered me away from any potential tourist traps, and pointed the way to real Greek places that the locals actually patronize. He also suggested a great (and really reasonably priced) rental car company. I took Mihalis' suggestions and had a truly amazing (albeit too short) trip. With hoteliers as knowledgeable and friendly as Mihalis and Stefania, you do not even need another city guide.

I can't wait to come back and stay with them again. I will never stay anywhere else in Rhodes!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo