“Greatest Accommodation”

Anastasia Hotel
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Rhodes Town
“Greatest Accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Not only was this the best accommodation of my trip but it was a memorable travel experience in itself!

It is in a wonderful location. 10min walk to the beach and 10min walk to the old town. It is tucked away off a backstreet and the rooms are located in a security building. Upon arrival Mihalis allowed my friend to choose which room we would like to stay in. He gave us a choice of three but she decided on the one with a large balcony and private bathroom. The room was also air conditioned and linen was provided. The room and bathroom were cleaned each day and the towels were replaced.
Breakfast is included in the price. It is such a generous serving that we would eat breakfast and not have to eat until dinner time. You are given hard boiled eggs, croissants, brioche, butter, jams, orange juice, tea and coffee, greek yoghurt with honey and walnuts AND greek biscuits! I had to leave at 4:45am to catch my flight but Mihalis and Stefania prepared a breakfast to take with me on the flight. It felt like something my mum would do.

Mihalis and Stefania are the most accommodating people. I truly felt like I was being accepted into their home. Mihalis is a sensational character with a very dry sense of humour but he had my friend and I in stitches over his jokes. Every night we sat and had a drink at the bar with him. Mihalis even invented a cocktail for me and my friend. Mihalis spoke with pride about Rhodes and suggested restaurants and places to visit. He insisted we visit Lindos and when we said we were going he gave us snorkels to take with us. Stefania was so lovely too. She remembered that I liked to drink my tea before breakfast and would bring it to me each morning.

Staying here is a decision you won't regret. It will truly make your stay in Rhodes an unforgettable experience.

Thank you Mihalis and Stefania from your sister in Australia!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MAustralia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife and I needed a hotel in Rhodes for one night after a trip to Kos as we were flying out to Athens early the next morning. We decided on the Anastasia based on the very positive Tripadvisor reviews and the reasonable price. I booked the hotel directly online and received a very friendly and welcoming email from the owners. However, upon arriving at the hotel the reception from the owner was very strange, almost antagonistic, making a terse comment about all the luggage we had (which was not excessive at all consisting of two carry-on and two check-in bags) and he seemed quite irritated at us. His mood did not improve after I indicated to him that we had an early flight and needed a taxi pick-up at 5:00 am. Apparently it is not possible to pre-book a taxi in Rhodes. However, I have to say that despite his clear unhappiness, the owner did arrange for us to wake him in the morning so he could call a taxi for us – for which we were very grateful. Later that evening after returning from dinner we decided to have an after dinner drink at the hotel bar and got into a discussion with the owner who seemed quite bitter about his situation indicating to us that the hotel was very costly to maintain and that 2012 had been one of the worst years ever for bookings. So business is clearly tough but alienating your guests is not going to help! It was a shame as I have to say that the hotel itself is delightful and in a good location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iain C
LALOS28, Owner at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
A family owned business since 1975, we're very conscious to provide the best customer service to our guests here at Hotel Anastasia. Our first language is not English, so there are times when our messages can get lost in translation. We're sorry that you found our tone to be unfriendly, but this was not our intent.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We hope that you'll consider us for your future trips to Rhodes. Mihalis and Stefania thank you for your business!
Granada, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I don't get the euphoric excess of other reviews. At all. I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. It's cheapish and enjoys a central location. But I wouldn't dream of staying here for a holiday. Yes, my room (in the hotel's second building) was spotlessly clean. I can't argue that. But it was just a place to sleep, not to spend time in. Overall I found the atmosphere here rather sombre and depressive. Sorry to all those guests who obviously thought this hotel was the bees' knees. It just didn't do it for me.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
LALOS28, Owner at Anastasia Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Our building is a beautifully maintained building constructed in 1930, a traditional atmosphere that provides a quiet oasis away from the sometimes busy streets of Rhodes. We understand that some visitors to our island are looking for a different type of hotel for their stay.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback IntrepidHector. Mihalis and Stefania thank you for your business!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We planned to only stay in rodos a few days but we ended up extending our stay, partly due to the warm hospitality here. The owner, mihalis, was an excellent help in explaining where we should go and what was worth seeing. Mihalis also gave great restaurant recommendations and recommended a great car rental company. This is a wonderful bed a breakfast. Breakfast was only 4.5 euro and was served in their beautiful garden. The rooms are clean, comfortable, air conditioned, and have private balconies. We were on a tight travel budget and hotel Anastasia greatly exceeded our expectations. It's affordable but comfortable and the owners are incredibly kind and friendly with a great sense of humor. Their garden is full of adorable pet turtles, we definitely felt at home here and will return on our next trip to rodos.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jury001
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Definitely recommend this lovely hotel in easy reach of everything you want to see in Rhodes. Rooms are a good size and spotless, the building is immaculately maintained by Mihalis, Breakfasts are good - Greek/European - and plenty. And Mihalis and Stefania are lovely. Great for information and tips on things to do; Oh, and ask to see the tortoises.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Londonnomads
Bathgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We booked Anastasia Hotel based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed! This hotel is a real gem and I would recommend anyone visiting Rhodes Town to stay with Mihalis & Stefania. The location is great - lots of bars and restaurants within a couple of minutes walk and the Old Town is about 10 minutes walk away.
Mihalis met us from the taxi and then took the time to show us where everything was on the map. Our room was lovely, light and airy with a little balcony. Spotlessly clean with a great bed and the shower was good and powerfull.
Every morning we had a lovely breakfast in the garden - the yoghurt & honey with walnuts was our favourite. The family of tortoises and the cats are just something else that makes Anastasia so different from other hotels. We were made so welcome and our chats with Mihalis over breakfast and over a beer in the garden bar were really enjoyable.
A couple of reviews on this site are critical - I want to reassure anyone considering a stay at Anastasia, take the time to talk to your hosts and you will absolutely love your stay here. Mihalis & Stefania are fantastic, hard-working people who really care for their guests.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with a balcony - great for enjoying a drink and for drying clothes!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annette K
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Anastasia Hotel, Rhodos ( Rhodes ), Greece.

We spent 4 days in Rhodes from June 6 to June 10, 2012

A perfect time of year to visit because it's warm but not overwhelming with cooler evenings for walking around the new and old walled city.

Mihalis and his wife Stefania met us upon arrival and walked us through the property and made sure we knew our way around and gave us directions to all the sites and restaurants on the wonderful island.

Anastasia Hotel was spotless with plenty of hot water, air conditioning, and large front and side windows with shutters. There is a fridge outside the room for drinks and snacks.
2 or 3 electrical sockets in the room, power is 220v - Euro type plug and Free WiFi is available.

A car isn't really needed to get around the new city or old city unless you opt to drive around to see other sites like Lindos and onward, parking is available on the street .

Anastasia Hotel is only minutes by foot from the famous walled "Old Town".

Mihalis and his wife Stefania are wonderful hosts and will help you with all your wants and daily needs.Their cats and family of turtles are great and they are part of this nice property ( no bother to anyone ).

Breakfast is served outside in the little garden area everyday which consists of various breads, teas, coffee, Greek yogurt and juice, it's great.

*On a special note, Mihalis ( aka - The Lord of Rhodos ) is the best host, he has many stories to tell, he knows 5 languages and is just plain, a ton of fun.

I give Anastasia Hotel a 110% Thumbs Up in all areas !!!

Don't pass on this hotel up, you won't be disappointed.

Visa and MasterCard are accepted.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family