“Funny, off-beat, great location”
Review of Anastasia Hotel

and 1 more site!
Anastasia Hotel
Ranked #38 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
“Funny, off-beat, great location”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days in July. Most of the comments about Mihalis are correct - he's dry, comes off as rude but we took the advice to give it a bit of time and were soon firm friends. Really enjoyed how quaint the rooms are, as well as how close everything is in walking distance. Ate most days at Koykos which was traditional, lovely, affordable and a far cry from most of the touristy restaurants that unfortunately abound. Bus station is close to walk to, great to visit lindos for the day - but do as we did and catch the earliest bus so you can avoid all the flocks of tourists that head there around 9am (high summer). The walk put to the head to see the tomb was also really great. All in all, hotel anastasia was lovely and quaint and would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Wyndham_Earl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a wonderful 5-night stay at this hotel and it was one of the highlights of my trip to Rhodes.

Location: hard to beat. The hotel is 5 mins walk to 'Bar Street', 10 mins walk to beaches, 15 mins walk to the bus terminal and within meters of restaurants, shops and all possible amenities. Very easy to get a taxi to anywhere in the island from the hotel doorstep (the owners will also happily call one for you).

The hosts: Mikali and Stefania were attentive and professional at all times. Yes, Mikali is a bit of a 'character' (as other reviewers have pointed out) but a very enjoyable one, I must say. He is a warm-hearted and extremely friendly person and he made sure that my stay was a perfect one from my very first moments at the hotel (making me choose my room, recommending amenities in the area and introducing me to other guests). Stefania (his wife) was a wonderful host too, and made me feel like a member of the family throughout my whole holiday there. Between the two of them they speak at least 4-5 languages and they have an impressive knowledge of the local restaurant scene, which definitely helps when you're new in town.

The hotel: 2 buildings (next to each other), all common areas were spotlessly clean and extremely well-maintained by the owners. Nice breakfast/bar/tv area in the courtyard.

The room: I had a great room in the secondary building, with a great terrace and plenty of peace and quiet.

The breakfast (which costs a few euros, but I understand can be incorporated into the room rate) was simple but filling, with pastries, biscuits, an egg, tea/coffee and fresh bread every day.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants caring hosts (vs. a soul-less hotel), good location and value for money in the heart of Rhodes Town.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 'secondary building ' are quieter. Try and get room no. 30 if you can (I stayed...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
UK
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We have just spent 3 very enjoyable days in Rhodes, very much enhanced by having a good hotel. Hotel Anastasia is located within walking distance of the beach, old town and new town centre and has good restaurants and shops nearby. The family run hotel is set in two old Italian houses. In the main outside bar/breakfast area we found internet access to be excellent but as an earlier reviewer has said Internet access may not be available in all the bedrooms as it wasn't in ours, due to the thickness of the walls. However, we were quite happy to enjoy our holiday and occasionally access the Internet in the outside seating area close to the bar. The room we had was clean, comfortable and gave us plenty if space to spread out. The owner, Mihalis, is quite a 'character' and wears his heart on his sleeve. He does have a sense of humour which not everyone may understand but he is well-meaning. He is very keen that as a visitor you do not get 'ripped off' and we found him very friendly and helpful, including giving us excellent suggestions on good non-touristy places to eat. We very much enjoyed the breakfasts especially the Greek yoghurt with walnuts and the very good croissants and whole meal bread. As stated, this is a small, family run hotel which provides good value for your money. The turtles (or were they tortoises?) are an added attraction and we enjoyed meeting 'Oscar' one of the latest clutch of baby turtles - just an hour old- on our last morning!

Stayed September 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed our stay very much. Nice rooms, friendly people and Mihalis.... Truely a fine guy and with a special humor. We liked it!
Even though we lost our room key there were no troubles. BTW, Mihalis: I found it in Germany in my secret pocket... Sorry for that.

Jan & Catalina

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed in the hotel with a friend for couple of days whilst at Rhodes this summer. First of all, internet is only available at the reception (few meters radius), which was disappointing if you were relying to check online out where to go and what to visit from your room.

Location is very good, as well as the room cleanness and size.

There were many comments here how people felt like home. That was not the case with me. Whenever I would ask for some advice from the owners of the hotel, I had to sustain couple of minutes of useless chitchat (which some people describe as specific humor) from the owner. Afterwards, I just didnt even bother but went to tourist office info and got all I needed.

Breakfast was good, and enough to keep you going until lunch.

Overall, I am not sure I would stay here again, but location and rooms were good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Mihalis and Stefania are very helpful, though his sense of humour takes a little getting used to - don't take offence without thinking again!
Very easy to walk to the Old Town, particularly if you take the advice of Mihalis on the most direct route to the Grand Master's Palace.
Also very easy for the airport as the incoming bus stops about 200m away in the adjoining street and the return bus is even nearer in the same street as the hotel

Room Tip: Upper floor is better because other guests can look into the ground floor rooms unless you keep the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
KL
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed in Rhodes for 5 days at this B&B and it was good value.
Mihalis (the owner) showed us 3 potential rooms before we chose the one we wanted.
Breakfast had a basic but good selection - brought to the table when you were seated - yogurt with honey, bread, biscuits, juice, coffee.
Mihalis and his wife Stefania were good hosts - advising us where to go , giving suggestions for restaurants (based on our budget), and even lending us a book on rhodes while we were there. Stefania even prepared a breakfast bag for us for the day we took a ferry out to symi.
Rhodes was made interesting by Hotel Anastasia (and its cats and turtles!)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends