“Garden of Eden” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Para Sun Studios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhodes Town
Para Sun Studios
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Garden of Eden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I loved my stay at Parasun. It was like walking into your own personal garden of eden. Trees around you that have various fruits and you walk straight out to the pool each morning with sun shine. Unlike some of the other visitors who have left reviews , I had no preconceived ideas of standards of accommodation and am aware that it was not 5 star. To me the rooms were clean and a place to sleep. Paris and her son George were warm and made all our family feel welcome, safe and happy. A place I would 100% return to in coming years. Thanks to both for a wonderful and relaxing holiday - Katharine

1 Thank katharine w

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tamworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

After reading some of the reviews before we went to Parasun apts,was really dreading what we would find.What a wonderful surprise to find that the apartments were in a lovely location and were a lot bigger than some have stayed in Greece.Paras and George were really wecoming and always had time to chat during our stay.Met some lovely people,thank you Joanne and Graham for giving us the low down on everything,and for the laughs.The apartments were cleaned every couple of days,and the pool area was great,yes some of the sunbeds need updating,but what the heck stick a lilo on them,we did!!Would definately recommend Parasun and looking to go back next year.

• Stayed September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I read the reviews before we went so was aware we had to empty our own bins and take them to the large bins near the entrance. I had also taken a note the coach couldn't go further up the drive!! not to sure why as there was sufficient room to turn...good job I knew what to do as when we got off we weren't informed where to go!!!
We were met by George who showed us our room, I had requested a upper floor over looking the pool we got a ground floor over looking other apartments.. he did say we maybe be able to change later in the week decided to stay where we were, had to keep the curtains shut on the balcony as could be seen in and were warned by other guests there was rats about so not to leave patio doors open !!!
Apartment was clean but very basic it was self catering and I am use to basic Greek (I lived abroad) we did have a kettle but no toaster so not really self catering good point was a good sized fridge which we found very useful.
Location if you want a relaxing holiday with not a lot to do like we did it's ideal I wouldn't say it's much good for anyone with walking problems as its a fair walk to the main bits few local restaurants but if you want more choice and more than one supermarket you need to walk and the main road is very dark once its late but safe.
The pool are had lots of broken sunbeds so we went out and bought lilos to lay on top of them if you wanted a sunbed you had to leave a towel or something on them but things were plonked on the floor by other guests and WE WERE ALL ENGLISH!!!! once the first lot of guests had gone things got quieter and the situation was better I didn't ever see the pool area cleaned but then again it wasn't bad...
Paras was lovely and pleasant and helpful as was George
Whilst we were there everyone had a complaint of some sort we hired a fan for £30 euros for the week and was kindly given another buy a guest who had bought one when we left we passed that fan on as well though it had started cooling down.
If you want a very basic holiday this is ok but be aware no toaster!!!
There Is a dog that barks frankly it never bothered us but did other guests everyone is different I think if we had got a high floor and a toaster and had hired a car or even got a taxi back from the main areas (which I never thought off till I got home) I
I WOULD go back as know what to expect but hopefully the price would be less not more will Thomson keep it on for another year ??? I would be surprised but who knows.....

1 Thank sara020670

Travellers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Tyneside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I booked this holiday as a two week break starting 18/09/13. The position of the apartments are fine though for sensitive sleepers the early morning chorus of cockrels + dogs may be an issue. For us it was the heat that made sleeping a problem as there was no air conditioning. there was no hot water until after, at least 11.00am + it finished at approx 8.00pm. So no showers in the mornings! The cooking facilities are poor - no micro wave or oven, only 2 small electric rings for cooking. Self-catering is not really an option with such facilities.

When I raised the lack of hot water with the owner I was told we had to wait for the solar power to heat the water + "did I not know that solar power relied on the sun?" The Thompson rep helpfully suggested that I should chill out for an hour or two while I waited for the water to heat up!

The lack of cooking facilities made the holiday more expensive than expected.

There are some good walks in the area. For eating out we found the best restaurant to be Chronis. More expensive than e.g. Debbie's but superb food + decent size portions.

We went on the day trip to Kalithea Springs costing 10 Euro each with an entrance charge of 3 euro each. The entrance charge includes use of sun beds all day. The food at the springs is also reasonable value. For a beach day we would recommend the Springs.

After a week at Parasun we moved into Rhodes Town to a 4star hotel with half board. The hotel cost a total of £309 for the two of us for a week. Which we feel was good value and of course we had access to hot water/showers as + when we wanted + air conditioning.

If Parasun had decent kitchen facilities, air conditioning and hot water when needed it would be a decent place for a self catering holiday. However it does not have the above.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AllanTyne
Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just arrived back from Parasun 25/09/13. I read some reviews before our holiday, but tend to not to heed warnings seriously. You get some peple expecting 5 star quality don't you? When you holiday in Greece you expect basic. On arrival the room appeared plleasant, lack of storage and facilities is the norm right? Closer inspection showed cobwebs and debris from previous guests in all corners and under the beds and previous uncleaned stains on the floor (still there on our last day). The cutlery had stains and food debris still on them. The downstairs verandah and patio doors had no privacy and was clearly visible to other rooms. The patio doors screeched when opened because of debris in the runners and a trail of ants were travelling up and down the bathroom wall in the shower "cubicle" and there was some sort of scum in the grid. But we thought "hey ho" let's just get on with it and enjoy the holiday. Paras was very welcoming actually and offered directions to the nearest supermarket etc and was very nice. When we asked which night she had Folklore, Quiz and Karaoke nights (as advertised on Thomson website) she explained that they don't have them any more because they are not poopular enough. Hmmmmm. The next morning we had breakfast in the pool bar, but swiftly discovered that cheaper and better quality food was on offer in many other places ( particularly Inixos Appts down the road ). When we ordered breakfast the girl who was "cleaning the rooms" was stopped from working and called over to make the food for us! She appeared to be the only other member of staff on hand apart from Paras' husband watering the gardens. So out to the pool for some R&R - and a hunt for a sunbed that was not broken, all hard white plastic beds with no padding. A kindly couple pointed out that many of the lilos around the pool had been bought by previous guests and left for others to use on the beds - take a hint Paras!!! After a couple of days rest we hired a car for a few days and went on a couple of excursions so were not around the pool much. We found then that other arrivals had claimed all the lilos and unbroken beds and decided to keep them for themselves by leaving towels on them 24/7. Grrrrrrrrrr. Every morning we walked past or around the pool, we only noticed once in 2 weeks that the area had been hosed down and debris removed (there were no bins around the pool). Take a hint Paras!!! After the arrival of our first towel (like sandpaper and frayed) and linen change (creased, crumpled and with suspect historical marks) we found ourselves scrutinising everything, sadly, whilst fitting the new linen to my lumpy bed. And so to sleep. And so to wake - at 5.15am every morning to the sound of cockerels and roosters waking up and living on the on site allotment. Then the next door neighbours dogs (quantity, breed and size unknown) who all appeared to be let out about 6.30am and left free to bark at said cockerels and any other sound or movement .Apart from the condition of the rooms, we discovered that the resort of Ixia has been merged with Ialyssos to form one resort called Trianda. 90% of the restaurants and bars are in Ialyssos which the website advertises as 800m away. This walk took over 15 minutes and I don't dawdle, plus extra time to cross the main road which is like trying to cross the A49 in rush hour traffic (not advertised) I can honestly say that in my dozen or so visits to various Greek islands the Parasun is the worst equipped, worst maintained, worst run and worst located apartment we have ever stayed in. NOW I NEED ANOTHER HOLIDAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Building containing rooms 8-14 is closest to the allotment and neighbouring property (we were in roo...
bradford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We really only used as a place to sleep. We maybe would have stayed around the pool occasionally if the other guests didn't leave towels/lilos on the loungers overnight! i was gobsmacked by that behaviour.
The whole complex needs some TLC and general upgrading. Paras and George were ok-to be honest they just seemed like they couldn't be bothered actually running the apartments, there seemed to be no pride in the apartments.
Great location though as close to the lovely beach and a short walk to restaurants and bars.

• Stayed September 2013
Hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just returned from the Parasun on 7/9/13. Upon arrival I was plesantly suprised at the pool and surrounding area. Rooms were typical for greek accomodation. Met some lovely people (Andy, Carole, Dave, Michelle, Lorrayne, Izzy, Bob and Linda) They really made the holiday. Also had 13 wonderful meals in Whispers bar (fantastic service). Not ideal if you are trying to push a wheelchair around as the paths are aweful and the traffic also very busy.

Bit confused as to how so many people return year after year. Apologies once again for bringing our own drinks into the bar area Paras!.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the only room with air-con however at 10 Euros a night a bit pricey.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#73 of 129 in Rhodes Town
Lydia Hotel
Lydia Hotel
#50 of 129 in Rhodes Town

Been to Para Sun Studios? Share your experiences!