All reviews old town of rhodes ficus tree covered courtyard ancient stone peaceful courtyard pretty courtyard archaeological museum breakfast is served narrow streets fabulous location breakfast each morning medieval city the air conditioning a wonderful stay yogurt your luggage spacious rooms
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is so beautiful, situated in the old town so close to all the busy shops and restaurants, but amazingly quiet. The courtyard is an oasis and delightfully lit at night. The staff are very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hayley C
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Avalon Hotel, in Old Rhodes City, is like the frosting on a beautiful cake. We stayed in one of the six rooms that was more like a well furnished apartment. The patio, where breakfast is served, is beautiful, with cascading bougainvillea of many colors. Breakfast was typical of food on the island. The staff was outstandingly helpful. They found us a very good guide, fora 3 hour tour, who knew so much about the history of the area that it brought the ancient city to life. The owner is a highly trained dentist who offers packages including a stay and very good dental care. As a dentist myself I was very impressed by his services as well as the prices he charges for them. The hotel is planning expansion into the adjoining property, perhaps w itch a pool.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calman K
DrYBrokos, Owner at Avalon Boutique Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Mr Calman,
Thank you so much for your kind words. The pleasure was all our, having you and your lovely wife in Rhodes and in Avalon Hotel. We hope to see you soon in the near future. Best Wishes to you and your family.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Any romantic notions I had about staying in a castle and now dispelled. The rooms were clean but there was a subtle musty smell that lingers. The breakfasts were disappointing on many levels.
We stayed here at the end of a month long trip island hopping in Greece so had a number of comparisons to draw on. With only 6 rooms to provide for I expected good food and great service (I work in the food industry service) but this was not the case. The staff serving breakfast seemed disorganized and breakfast arrived piecemeal, not what you had ordered, limited in quantities, and trying to get a second cup of coffee was painful. Not memorable!
The day clerk was helpful when approached but the night staff appeared to be busy smoking and working on his computer and was reluctant to provide information or service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I wish I could give this place 3.5 stars. Three isn't enough but 4 is too many.

It is a fantastic property in an ideal location that has a lot of potential.

I'll start with the good.:

It is in Old Town and convenient to everything you'd want to see and do as a tourist in Rhodes.

The suite we stayed in had a great floorplan for two couples or a couple guys. Living and bedroom down another bedroom up.

The people who work there are friendly and helpful.

The property is beautiful. The courtyard is a great place to eat or just relax and the place is small enough you get to know everyone.

Now the bad.

If there is Air Conditioning it doesn't work. Each time I asked I was told it needed to be turned on at the front desk. In May we were awoken early each morning because the room reached an unbearable temperature.

The telephones either do not work or they were just not answered. I couldn't tell which..

The hotel is VERY short staffed. We had no maid service the first couple days. I had to hunt down towels and toilet paper. There was no one to work the desk because they were busy in the restaurant. At night everyone was gone. I saw a grand total of four employees. That just wasn't nearly enough.

The people who were there were hard working, friendly and helpful. They just needed twice as many people.

Room tip: The suite (I believe there is only one) is great. I can't imagine you could go wrong as far as location goes in this hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel has only 6 rooms. It has a great location, if you think about getting acquainted with the Rhodes old town. The serve also very good meals and the personnel were great! On down side, they were not really eager in freshening up your room daily and some of the side services were a little pricy……

Room tip: The Anatoli suite has a great terasse. Our daughter of 3,5 years, thououghly enjoyed playing on it.
Date of stay: April 2013