“A must-try in Rhodes Old Town!”
Review of To Marouli

To Marouli
Ranked #8 of 492 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Description: Small and cozy vegan/vegetarian restaurant. Not cooking meet or fish you can find a big veriety of veggies, grains, pasta and lot of unusual elements in our plates Home made vegan desserts, refreshing home made drinks and smoothies
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Vegetarian or not, this place is a hidden little gem!

Greece generally has some good vegetarian options in all restaurants, but I had a look to find out if there was somewhere specifically vegetarian as my partner is vegetarian and I wanted him to have a full choice of the menu! So before we visited Rhodes I came across To Marouli on Trip Advisor so we tried this out, and I’m so glad that we did!

An intimate restaurant with lovely flowers and table settings, the menu was in a hand-written style which was lovely, and we chose the chef’s taster menu of 7 different dishes so that we could try as many items as possible – it was an easy decision and the best decision we could’ve made!

Wow, the food here is something else – a mix of inspiration from traditional Greek to Italian (I believe the owner is Italian!) and even Asian! The homemade vegan cheese dip was mind-blowing!

We loved the food that much that we bought the recipe book and I’ve already made a few things from it.

The staff were very attentive, and it was so refreshing to eat somewhere like this and I can only hope that others will follow in To Marouli’s footsteps as there should be more restaurants like this!

I hope that you open one in England one day!

Thank you so much we will come back the next time we visit Rhodes!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although I'm quite a meat lover, this must be one of my favorite restaurants in Rhodos… very friendly staff and owner, and the food is just wonderful… every day they come up with some very creative en delicious vegetarian & vegan dishes. Definitely give this restaurant a try, you won’t regret it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not a vegan but the meals were very lovely and tasteful. Go for the Chef Choise. You get 7 surprices for just €14. I have put this restaurant on my most favorite list. Very nice staff as well. go go go...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to, and I'm a meat eater!
There are so many vegetables I don't like (cauliflower, aubergine, vine leaves, etc), but I tried them here and absolutely loved them.
It was so good we went twice, bought the recipe book, and now wish we'd gone a third time!
The first time I ordered the chefs dishes and my wife ordered the pineapple fried rice, but we shared everything. I recommend this as it's a great way to try a large number of dishes.
The second time we choose our favourites from the first selection, and tried a couple of new dishes.
All are fantastic, but the dolmades and the buffalo cauliflower are the must tries!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife had a 7 course taster menu for our anniversary, absolutely loved it and the staff were fantastic, some of the nicest food I’ve ever tried!