All reviews hotel members rhodes town hotel area nice hotel air conditioning pool side main bar greece cleanliness
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lito Hotel is a pretty ordinary hotel. Nice pool, close to the beach and nice employees.

I was not very satisfied of the breakfast. The hotel has very bad Wi-Fi. The rooms are okay.

Totally a okay and normal hotel.

Room tip: You have view from almost all the rooms. If you want a very good view, you can choose the rooms in the middle of the hotel.
Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank Herman A
Reviewed 19 June 2013

in June at a huge hotel was occupied by a maximum of 5 rooms ... maybe not the season (completely empty hotel), the staff is not very friendly, but if you smile and ask something they tell and show what you want... clean rooms, beautiful view of the pool and the sea (maybe I just got lucky)...near the sea and 5 km from the center of Rhodes....clean pool...

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Elena_Baiborina
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I've been in this hotel 3 week ago for a first time, I've got not great impression of the hotel on first sight. However when I tried to return back to Rhodes Island and when I was looking for an alternative hotel/place for a long weekend stay I realised that there is really no better option in this area. Close to the airport with convenient bus connection, close proximity of city with nice old town. A lot of tasty restaurants nearby .. what else to add ? :) Value for money is really great. Hotel is a bit older, but very clean, beach is just across the street (of course that means that road is busy as this is the direct link between the airport and city). It depends what you really need. For me and my child it is an ideal place to go ... very easily accessible , friendly staff ... After second visit I changed my opinion 180 degrees and now I will definitely go back i near future. In Ixiá there is no better place to stay for the price of this hotel ... I would recommend for all who needs to stay in simple but clean room, close to airport, close to beach/sea, close to city for reasonable price with variety of good restaurants ...
Great option !!

Room tip: Rooms close to the street are a bit more noisy. This time we got 316 and was really fine ...
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Radek M
Reviewed 6 June 2012

we stayed at the lito hotel sept,2010.it was average,meals were edible,staff were good,pool area satisfactory.we have been back to ixia every year since then and the lito has been closed.we went passedn on the 4th june,thisn week and its still closed even tho i see it advertised on the internet as bed and breakfast.

Room tip: dont bother
Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank chris185
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend in august 2011. We chose a last minute package that included this hotel and flight tickets. The hotel is situated close to the "capital", Rhodes, in the small town Ixia, which is barely a town, but merely a lot of hotels and a couple of restaurants.
Going to Rhodes town is easy by bus or by renting a car (as did we) or a scooter. You can also walk the relatively short distance (ca. 3km).
Our room was ok compared to the price we paid, but had we paid more we would have been disapointed. The rooms and the hotel in general looks like it hasn't been renewed since the 70's, but the room was cleaned everyday - not super clean but clean enough. The hotel has a big pool that is being cleaned properly every morning. There is a small bar by the pool that serves beverages and some food like pizza slices, fries, salads etc.. I wouldn't recommend the food though.
The breakfast consists of the best watermelon I have ever tasted, olives, tomates. Other than that you can have some standard continental stuff like very dry and boring bread, cereals and boiled eggs.

To sum up my experiences: I will recommend this hotel to couples or families who don't necessarily expect a very high standard. You get what you pay for, and that is it.

Plusses: the old man in the reception and the staff in general are nice and friendly. Their english isn't great though.

Minusses: the road is VERY is very busy all day and night. It can be hard to cross. The area is quite noisy because of the road and surrounding hotels that play load music on some evenings. Also you have to pay for the A/C - it is so hot that you can't go without it. The A/C is quite expensive given the fact the they use old A/C units. Ours didn't work very well either...

Date of stay: August 2011