“AVOID, much better hotels nearby!”
Review of Lito Hotel

Lito Hotel
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Ialyssos
Scotland
“AVOID, much better hotels nearby!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have returned from Rhodes this month during which time I stayed at the Lito Hotel for 4 nights then a different hotel for a further 7, which were roughly the same price but the difference in experience was night and day.

First of all, when I arrived I faced with a very grumpy owner of the hotel who took my booking receipt and my passport and left me and one other guest who was checking in to sit in the foyer for 20 minutes. After this time, he came back, gave my passport to the other guest, who luckily was honest and passed it back to me (!) and informed both of us that there were no more rooms available, despite us paying for them in advance. There was no sorry, no mention of alternative hotels, nothing. It was shocking service.
I tried to argue that I had paid for it and had a booking form, which I kept showing him. He laughed at me and told me he needed to know the day I had booked it. I told him to let me use his Wifi and I could get him the information. He couldn't tell me the Wifi password and other guests came over to inform me that the Wifi didn't even work so it was pointless trying.

Someone I knew was staying in the hotel so we managed to come to an agreement that I could share their room for the 4 nights. The other guest had to pick up their luggage and walk down the road to find someone to stay.

The room was fine, but you need to pay for air conditioning at 6 euros a night - which you definitely need.
Breakfast was minimal: stale crossiants, greek yoghurt, cheese and watermelon. You could pay the same at any of the restaurants outside the hotel and get a lot more for your money.

I never used the pool but it looked very clean and pleasant, with a bar right next to it. The beach was only across the road, but that is the same for every hotel on the street.

When I moved to the other hotel I was greeted with a friendly team who could not do enough to help me, a very clean room with free air con and a lovely breakfast with lots of variety and plenty for everyone.

In summary, do not waste your money on this hotel. I found the experience very upsetting and stressful, arriving in a foreign country late at night to be told I had no room and the owner smirking like it was funny. Rude owner, poor hotel - much better ones that are close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Loub24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 22 July 2014

At the first sight the hotel seemed to be okay, but after two weeks i was relief to get back to home.

Beds were terribles, okay, when we got some extra mattress we were able to sleep but first night were worse than sleeping in army barracks.

Breakfast was also not really worth of six euros. At the same price you can get full english breakfast from bar next to hotel, but in hotel you get a okay bread and croissant, everything is served from warm table.

Cleaning was not even a cleaning, this was first time in my life, when i didnt leave a tip to a cleaner. There was four days a dead cockroach front of our room. I didnt pick it up, cause i wanted to see, how long its going to take from them. Sometimes when we arrive from beach and went to shower, we noticed our towels were taken and havent got the new ones.

WiFi is bad, dosnt even work on pool area, if you want to pay for having a better WiFi (bad also) its about five euros per day for device. They have air condition, but you have to pay for it six euros per day.

Poolside area is okay, pool bar is overpriced and the food is not as good as it should be. Take a walk to Ialyssos and go have lunch to F.B.I or Luna Bar. Much better food with lower prices.

Even the hotel is cheap, its not worth of it. You can save extra 100-150€ and reserve a room from Cactus hotel for example, or some other hotel from Rhodes city and get a good service, good WiFi and okay breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Andy I

Travellers are raving about these Ialyssos hotels

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were looking for a quiet week away, somewhere we haven't been before and this came up as an option and it was only after booking I read some reviews! The reviews did worry me a little but once there, they soon disappeared. The hotel is a little dated in its décor but my opinion/experience is that it was clean. Our room was at the back and the road noise didn't affect us. The sound of other guests late at night did disturb us but no more than at some other hotels I have stayed at. The busy road was not as bad many people make out and in my opinion no different to some other resorts such as Malaga. The breakfasts were a bit repetitive and if we were to stay more than one week then a few taken at some of the local bars would have been in my plan but for one week, satisfactory. Location was good with Rhodes town only 10 mins away by bus which is how we got there, very easy and cheap. There are plenty of good restaurants within a short distance, the two we used most were Jason Inn and Coconut. We also went into some of the bars to watch the world cup but not being big drinkers, this was the only time we used these.

Room Tip: We had room 307 at the back which was ok. I only use a hotel room for sleeping and try not to spend...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul P
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Clean, rather comfortable hotel with peaceful stuff. Additional paiment for air conditional - 6 Euro per day. Safe is 6 Euro for all period. If you need a taxi, ask for it at reception - it will arrive in a few minutes.
The hotel is situated very suitable: in the centre of Ixia, there are a lot of cafes and bars in the near, a beach is very close to it.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea and pool view are loud. If you want to have a quiet take a room with mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Yuliya_Timohina
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lito Hotel is a pretty ordinary hotel. Nice pool, close to the beach and nice employees.

I was not very satisfied of the breakfast. The hotel has very bad Wi-Fi. The rooms are okay.

Totally a okay and normal hotel.

Room Tip: You have view from almost all the rooms. If you want a very good view, you can choose the rooms in t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Herman A
Москва, Россия
Reviewed 19 June 2013

in June at a huge hotel was occupied by a maximum of 5 rooms ... maybe not the season (completely empty hotel), the staff is not very friendly, but if you smile and ask something they tell and show what you want... clean rooms, beautiful view of the pool and the sea (maybe I just got lucky)...near the sea and 5 km from the center of Rhodes....clean pool...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elena_Baiborina
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I've been in this hotel 3 week ago for a first time, I've got not great impression of the hotel on first sight. However when I tried to return back to Rhodes Island and when I was looking for an alternative hotel/place for a long weekend stay I realised that there is really no better option in this area. Close to the airport with convenient bus connection, close proximity of city with nice old town. A lot of tasty restaurants nearby .. what else to add ? :) Value for money is really great. Hotel is a bit older, but very clean, beach is just across the street (of course that means that road is busy as this is the direct link between the airport and city). It depends what you really need. For me and my child it is an ideal place to go ... very easily accessible , friendly staff ... After second visit I changed my opinion 180 degrees and now I will definitely go back i near future. In Ixiá there is no better place to stay for the price of this hotel ... I would recommend for all who needs to stay in simple but clean room, close to airport, close to beach/sea, close to city for reasonable price with variety of good restaurants ...
Great option !!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the street are a bit more noisy. This time we got 316 and was really fine ...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 1Roger1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ialyssos
Belair Beach Hotel
#24 of 31 in Ialyssos
Oceanis Hotel
Oceanis Hotel
#19 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lito Hotel? Share your experiences!