All reviews private pool pool bar bungalow suite luna bar fantastic pool excellent hospitality comfy sunbeds hotel guests amazing location amazing cocktails perfect stay main pool cleaned every day clean pool around midnight perfect hotel restaurants and bars
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed in the Atrium Platinum Hotel in Ixia from 29th june - 10th July and found that apart from the hotel there wernt many nice places to eat .. until we came across Villa di mare. The food is beautiful and very well presented from started through to dessert. The service is very good over the 2 weeks we stayed here this was by far the best food we had tried.
The mains consist of pastas and risoto to steak, burgers, chicken and pork and the meat is always of fantastic quality which i find is sometimes missing when on holidays. I would reccomend eating here or at least giving it a try its well worth it with reasonable prices.

Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank kikidollface
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is a pearl of a hotel.

We came fom the city of rodos out to ixia a beach paradise on Rohodos .
Here we had found villa d mare on the web...and this was even better then it promised on the web fotos. Personell where super pro and ready to help u all the way to a perfect stay.

The front desk is almost to eager to help uwith info bookings and everthing u need in luxury.

The best breakfast on the beach the best dinner and cocktails in the coolest lounge bar.

All in all ...very very very recomendable ..and u get a suite at prices mutch under market.
Kenn and mie

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank Kenn J
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I absolutely love this place. I'm staying here right now with my young adult son and it couldn't be more perfect for us! Even before I arrived I was contacted by Martina, one of the two lovely and very friendly front desk ladies who go out of their way to make you feel like the very special guest you are! Despoina is the reservations manager and is equally friendly and helpful.

When I arrived, having booked a bungalow near the pool, my first impression was of a spectacular view as I looked down onto the pool and bar area, with the gorgeous turquoise sea immediately behind...

As it was relatively early season - end of May to early June, we were upgraded to a large bungalow with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, although I'm sure if we hadn't been, we would have still loved the one bedroom version! Each bedroom has a large flat screen satellite TV, and each bathroom has a jacuzzi, plus there are two further sofa beds in the living room area, and a kitchen area with cooker, fridge, kettle, toaster and everything else you might need, whether or not you are self catering.

Outside there are several comfortable cushioned wicker seats and a table, and sun loungers - with umbrellas or drapes to shade you from the sun if that's your preference - and your own private pool to cool down in, as well as the fabulous communal pool surrounded with lots of cushioned sun loungers.

There is a fabulous bar serving cocktails, soft drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice (recommended!), coffees etc. and you are served with a glass of chilled water while you wait for your drink. A fantastic range of music is played throughout the day from the bar, changing according to the time of day.

Alongside the bar, there are plenty of tables where you can enjoy delicious appetizers, snacks and sandwiches, while you sit almost at the edge of the Agean sea and watch the waves lapping the shore...or you can sit further back if that is your preference.

Then there is the restaurant serving a delicious a la carte menu at a very reasonable price, especially considering the very upmarket and superb surroundings. Adjoining spa with fish pedicures, manicures, back/face/body massages etc, plus lots of supermarkets and a variety of restaurants very close by.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel as the perfect base for a holiday in Rhodes - or even Greece in general, depending on your travel plans!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Tonitiger222
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Chose this accommodation based on the reviews of this site, We were not disappointed. We were met by a very lovely and welcoming lady called Martina at reception. She took us around the pool area and explained everything that the suites had on offer before taking us to our bungalow with is own decking area and pool. She always had a smile and a chat for us anytime we saw her. The 1 bedroom suite sleeps 4 and are very light and airy. We met Despoina the bookings manager, the next day and who again was a very knowledgeable, friendly lady. The cleaners came in every day and did a very good job. it was a very enjoyable stay, despite a horrendous thunderstorm we had on the Monday. If I went back to Rhodes I would definitely stay here again. It was quiet as the season had not started in full swing. However, I do feel that the decking and pool area could have been cleaner and looked a bit neglected

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper, then ask not to be put in bungalow 102 as this has the large air conditioning unit right next to it and also the bars across the road.
1  Thank ChrisnJohn1989
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in the main suites of the hotel. I was so pleased with my stay at Villa Di Mare. The accommodations were spacious and clean. I enjoyed the easy access from my room's patio to the pool and private beach. There were many restaurants and convenient stores right across from the hotel. You can take the local bus directly into Old and New Rhodes in a matter of minutes. The grounds are well kept and made me feel like I was relaxing in the lap of luxury. The entire staff were so friendly and hospitable. I really appreciated how Matina and Despoina always greeted me with smiles and friendly exchanges each day. They treated me as if I was a VIP guests, but I know they treat everyone in this manner. I can attest to other reviewers mention of the music at night but it did not wake me up at night. If it becomes a problem just talk to Despoina or Matina and they will do what they can to address your issues. You will not regret your stay. I am already dreaming about my next trip back to Rhodes and staying at Villa Di Mare.

• Trip type: Travelled solo