“What reviews are true!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Filerimos Village Hotel

Filerimos Village Hotel
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Ialyssos
Surrey
“What reviews are true!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We are going in September! Wat the hell are we to expect! Either some extremely fussy and moany people or we are really in for a shock! I do hope not as taking my friends mum who is 82!!!! Will be in ground floor! I've been to many hotels in Rhodes and all staff are very friendly!!Await my review!!!

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank ladyofern

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at Filerimos Village in July 2014 and had a fab time. The staff were very helpful, advising the best places to visit and where to go to book trips etc. (If you get the chance visit Symi Island which is amazing then do it. You won't be disappointed. The cleaning staff were always busy no matter what time of day/night. The food was varied and freshly cooked. The Hotel Manager was always around and made sure that everyone was happy and for those that weren't things moved very swiftly to rectify the problem. . The Animation Team provided pool games during the day and entertainment for both young and old during the evening. The barman was amazing, mostly singlehandedly covering the bar during the evenings (he deserved a medal some nights) and the lady on reception (Anastasia) was a real friend in a foreign land with helpful advise and happy smile. Nothing was too much trouble. Buses were every 15 mins and stopped just outside the hotel so travelling around the island was easy. I would definitely recommend this hotel and am looking forward to our next visit which has been booked for next year :)

Room Tip: Take a trip to Symi Island. Stunning
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MOM1117
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

we arrived, and was given a large apartment sea veiw on the front with 4 beds, but the 2 in the lounge are matress on a concrete seating area, small kitchen, not many electric points, (take a extension lead), staff were very good apart from the senior manager who does not like the english, the hotels favours (60% french, 30% germans, the other 10% was english, russian ect), the food was very hit and miss, i would have like chips, but on my last day when they were there we were told children only, i di try and explain, but told thats your food, thats the childrens food, (why if you do not like there fod, mixed in sauces), the pool bar staff were the best, yes you had to pay for snacks, but 2 euros for a chicken or pork rap, 2 euros for chips, 4.50 euros burger and chips, plenty of choice). the bungalows are around the pool, apartments on the side and front of main hotel, like many reveiws you get what you pay for, i would not say it was the worst place i been, but you have to be flexable with the food and beers, ect as only a few selections,

Room Tip: just for the extra cost and size the apartments are better, but if only 2 people then a studio is fi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank floydc_13
Lancashire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Well, I don't even know where to start.

Arrived at 5.30am, with children and OAP, who have been up all night on a plane due to a late flight to find out we wasn't allowed to check in until 2pm and we had to wait up on the sofas.

We was then told breakfast is available from 7am, so we went to get some - the food was atrosious. I genuinely wouldn't even feed my dogs that. I mean, obviously food from another country isn't going to be like home but this was something else. The bread was stale, even things as simple as fruit tasted funny. I didn't eat the meat mainly because the label it was stated as didn't look anything like it and I thought it was too risky. This resulted in us eating out 5 nights out of 7 during our stay which was all inclusive as the lunch and tea food was just as bad.

Any how, it got to 12pm and then more people arrived. They was greeted with water and orange juice, in which we tried to endure in some - which a member of staff then rudely approached us and said these are for the new arrivals. - ok so me then? Hotels which I have previously been to have greeted us with champagne at 3am and this one made me haggle for water at 11am. I was so shocked.

Other problems with the hotel were

- broken chairs in the eating area.
- not enough sunbeds (it says don't reserve them and towels will be removed, but they are reserved and towels aren't removed - they need to take higher measures)
- staff were rude, they removed our plates from our table literally the second we took our last bit of food off.
- the internet café was down all the way through out stay.
- our rooms air conditioning was broke, very hard to sleep in a hot, stuffy room.
- the towels and bedding weren't changed, just hung up neatly for us again by the maid.
- watered down, ill-tasting drinks which I tried and found myself unable to eat properly due to illness for nearly 2 days.
- the shower wasn't properly designed. the lead didn't reach up to the shower hook so you had to hold the shower head.
- all inclusive drinks are very limited and finish at 10.55pm. this isn't really any good in my eyes.
- cockroaches and other insects were infested within the hotel. this includes the seating area around the bar, which disturbed a few guest until a member of staff eventually got rid off it. and a big one in my room as well.

I have never been so shocked by a standard of a 3* hotel, which isn't going to be the best quality but this was unbelievable. I really would never advise this hotel to any one. I hope people don't make the mistake we didn't by believing that the hotel could be half decent due to mixed reviews, but I promise the standard is beyond ridiculous and it would be a huge was of money. There's other, lively hotels which surround the area if that's the attraction but this hotel is not advised.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank trisha j

Travellers are raving about these Ialyssos hotels

Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

After booking our holiday I then read the reviews then consequently spent the next 6 months worrying. The hotel is a bit dated but would be perfectly adequate with the exception of the beds which were dreadful. We went self catering which basically gave us two ring hob, sink and four plates and cups. Luckily I took a travel kettle as I'd read previous reviews. It would be completely impossible to self cater but then I'm on holiday and didn't want to cook much. Maid service was great clean towels nearly every day. Pool facilities were busy we used the pool at the front of the hotel as much quieter. There is a couple of restaurants close by that were excellent Antonio Taverner and a great Chinese If we fancied a change from Greek food. To find more restaurants we got the bus that ran every 15 mins to the nearest town cost €1.80 but is walkable distance if you have the energy. Word of warning this is not a very English friendly hotel. It didn't bother us in the least but I only heard two English people in the whole two weeks we were there mainly Russian, French and German. I am not sure if I would go back to the hotel again but that's mainly because of the beds. This isn't an expensive hotel and you get what you pay for but I can honestly say that we did have a great cheap holiday.

• Stayed July 2014
Paderborn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

went to this hotel last year could not fault it anything we asked for we got ( and i am quite fussy )
I have been a chef for 31 years and I have to say the food was fantastic ITS DIFFICULT TO CATER FOR INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE what impressed me most is that we got good quality traditional Greek food which really made us feel we where in a different country . There was also a good range of international food on offer ,
The hotel is a it says on the star rating if you want 5 star then pay for 5 star , We have never gone back to the same place twice but now thats changed and we are going back again in two weeks,
I would say its best to contact the hotel direct and make your booking through the hotel you will get a better deal rather than go with the package companys.

the Richardson family

Room Tip: take a travell kettle for your room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank adam1366
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

After reviews I was quite worried yet upon arrival a lovely man helped us with our bags and showed us our rooms and from then on it was perfect. Food was a variety and what you would expect as a buffet style, plenty to offer and feed everyone.
Entertainment never failed to put a smile on our faces, let alone we were a young couple we had ample things to do including BINGO!
Local bus was every 15 minutes into Rhodes centre, where we saw beautiful buildings and bought ample souvenirs.
Would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank rac1993
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ialyssos
Electra Palace Rhodes
Dodeca Sea Resort by Forum Hotels
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
#13 of 15 in Kallithea

Been to Filerimos Village Hotel? Share your experiences!