Abeautifully appointed hotel, cool and airy, elegant and comfortable without being fussy. I especially loved the huge bowls of white orchids in reception and other public areas. My husband and I opted for a sea view room, which like the public areas was spacious and classically furnished.There was ample storage space and loads of coathangers, which is always a bonus.We had a hostess tray, refreshed daily, and the room fridge had mineral water, soft drinks and nibbles when we arrived but which wasnt topped up again, which is a pity. It is something we have become used to in 5 star hotels.If the choice of food in the buffet restaurant is not as extensive as some, there is still ample to choose from, and always of excellent quality, especially all of the meat and the wonderful fresh fish. Both of the A La Carte restaurants were very attractive and served authentic and delicious Italian and Chinese food respectively and again with a mouthwatering choice.The Electra Palace is set in a lovely location, with the sea to one side, and the pool and gardens the other. There are lots of trees providing shade when the glorious sunshine becomes too much, the gardens are very well tended and the pool area has parasols and lots of loungers.If you are looking for a bucket and spade holiday with children, then this is not the place for you, as it is shingle and pebbles but lovely for sunbathing, because it is narrow and you can easily lie on your lounger with your toes in the sea.As stated before the staff are warm , friendly and kind, and here I must mention the bar staff in the Lobby Bar, and especially the older gentleman, his name I forget, but he told us he has worked at the hotel for 23 years, who was charming.So what are my gripes then? Just tiny niggly things. The fact that although red and white wine are part of the AI package, rose which is the only wine I drink, is not , but can be bought for 26 Euros a bottle, and thats the cheapest. Only 3 cocktails are available to the AI guest, despite the fact that there was a very extensive cocktail menu.The ones available were not the cheapest,so I really dont understand the restriction. I did ask the manager, but didnt get a very satisfactory answer.However , on the plus side, there are several internationally branded spirits available on AI, which is great if that is your tipple.The beach furniture, parasols and loungers are very very shabby and the worse for wear, and do nothing for a 5star image, and some of the clientelle, and those who stayed during the last two weeks of the season will know exactly who I mean, behaved disgracefully and at times abusively. During the time they were there , children were running around the dining room, and the noise level was
incredible.This did rather take the shine off things for us and many others who spoke to us. It wasnt possible to have a quiet drink in the evening anywhere in the hotel during their stay. Thankfully they were only there for a few days.
That aside, from the lady at the Car Hire Desk to the room maids, everyone was pleasant, and I would particularly like to thank Koula, the Dining Room Hostess, for her warm welcome, kindness and helpfulness. She is a credit to the hotel.
Would we go back ? I am sure we would.Just a few tweaks and the Electra Palace would really deserve its 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of an Aegean island full of butterflies, on a sparkling beach with clear waters: there lies the Electra Palace Rhodes, bright and colorful, a modern resort with clean lines, made for you to have the best summer holidays of your life. Bright and colorful: such will be your days, and your nights, here! Start your day with a hearty breakfast in Electra's Restaurant, our main restaurant. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Aegean - and plan your day: will you be spending it all at the beach or by the big central pool? How about a tennis match at the resort's court, or maybe a friendly game of volleyball or basketball? The kids are going to love it! After lunch you can enjoy a refreshing nap in your spacious, cool room, or maybe read some more of that exciting novel you found at the hotel's reading room. It's your "me" time - the children are well taken care of at the kids' club, playing fun games and learning new things. As the evening approaches, you start to think about dinner: Chinese, or Italian? Don't forget to check out tonight's menu at Electra's Reastaurant too - its variety is so tempting! After dinner, how about a drink at Waves beach bar? Or, how about asking for our childcare services and taking a long romantic walk with your significant other on the moonlit beach? Such are the days at the Electra Palace at Rhodes, laid back and relaxing, full of fun things to do. Aiming in creating a contemporary resort worthy of our guests, we have taken care of every little detail, so that you can spend your holidays having a real holiday: there are sports courts and a gaming center. There are four restaurants, two serving ethic cuisine. There are five bars - one is certain to suit your mood. There are kids' and teenagers' clubs with qualified staff and special kids' menus and tons of fun activities for the young ones. And there are also five star services and amenities: crisp linen and fully equipped bathrooms and bathrobes for all, and safes and double glazed windows and air-conditioning and DVD players in the rooms, and views of the sea and green gardens and concierge service and so much more! And then there're the smiles. The smiles of our staff, happy to welcome you, keen on helping you make the best of your vacations. And the smiles of everyone around you, having the time of their lives! Won't you join them? Welcome to the Electra Palace Rhodes. Welcome to the hospitality you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Electra Palace Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Palace Hotel Ialyssos
- Hotel Electra Palace
- Electra Palace Ialysos
- Electra Palace Hotel Rhodes
- Electra Palace Rhodes Ialyssos