My husband booked this holiday in Rhodes as a surprise for our anniversary...and we were not disappointed! We stayed for a week at the end of May just as it was starting to warm up...it wasn't horrendously hot and there was a nice cool breeze from the sea most days.
Rhodes is a beautiful place and our experience at The Electra Palace Hotel just added to how much we have enjoyed our stay. As with any place, there are positives and negatives but I have to say the negatives are really quite minor grumblings overall.
- Really friendly, helpful staff - always go the extra mile for you.
- The all-inclusive package - literally as much to eat and drink as you want all day, every day.
- Beautiful, clean hotel and room - rooms are cleaned every day if you wish and always to a high standard.
- Food - the absolute best all-inclusive food and drink we have ever had. Lots of choice and variety. The two restaurants (Italian and Chinese) on the complex are also well worth a visit.
NEGATIVES (minor grumblings!)
- Paying for wifi/internet - as a young(ish) busy couple, we like to stay in touch and we would have hoped wifi was free but it wasn't.
- Beds were hard - it took a few nights to adjust to the bed as it was very hard, you do get used to it though and other people slept on top of extra blankets
- Hotel is a little isolated - you have to walk or get a bus to the nearest town/shops but we didn't mind this so much!
All in all we had a fabulous trip and would definitely return to this hotel for another relaxing week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of an Aegean island full of butterflies, on a sparkling beach with clear waters: there lies the Electra Palace Rhodes, bright and colorful, a modern resort with clean lines, made for you to have the best summer holidays of your life. Bright and colorful: such will be your days, and your nights, here! Start your day with a hearty breakfast in Electra's Restaurant, our main restaurant. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Aegean - and plan your day: will you be spending it all at the beach or by the big central pool? How about a tennis match at the resort's court, or maybe a friendly game of volleyball or basketball? The kids are going to love it! After lunch you can enjoy a refreshing nap in your spacious, cool room, or maybe read some more of that exciting novel you found at the hotel's reading room. It's your "me" time - the children are well taken care of at the kids' club, playing fun games and learning new things. As the evening approaches, you start to think about dinner: Chinese, or Italian? Don't forget to check out tonight's menu at Electra's Reastaurant too - its variety is so tempting! After dinner, how about a drink at Waves beach bar? Or, how about asking for our childcare services and taking a long romantic walk with your significant other on the moonlit beach? Such are the days at the Electra Palace at Rhodes, laid back and relaxing, full of fun things to do. Aiming in creating a contemporary resort worthy of our guests, we have taken care of every little detail, so that you can spend your holidays having a real holiday: there are sports courts and a gaming center. There are four restaurants, two serving ethic cuisine. There are five bars - one is certain to suit your mood. There are kids' and teenagers' clubs with qualified staff and special kids' menus and tons of fun activities for the young ones. And there are also five star services and amenities: crisp linen and fully equipped bathrooms and bathrobes for all, and safes and double glazed windows and air-conditioning and DVD players in the rooms, and views of the sea and green gardens and concierge service and so much more! And then there're the smiles. The smiles of our staff, happy to welcome you, keen on helping you make the best of your vacations. And the smiles of everyone around you, having the time of their lives! Won't you join them? Welcome to the Electra Palace Rhodes. Welcome to the hospitality you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Palace Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Palace Hotel Ialyssos
- Hotel Electra Palace
- Electra Palace Ialysos
- Electra Palace Hotel Rhodes
- Electra Palace Rhodes Ialyssos