Stayed for one week at the end of June. Had a really lovely time. As previously mentioned the staff are very friendly. The hotel is clean. I am very fussy eater and there was always a good choice of food. Their cakes were the best we have every eaten abroad, and available breakfast, lunch and dinner, and in between. The lunch time food is a good choice with either the main restaurant or very nice eating outside in the Italian restaurant. The chinese restaurant is lovely to eat in once a week but you must book. Men must wear long trousers at night in the main restaurant and they were very strict on this.
Kettle,Coffee, milk and sugar supplied daily, although just 2 sachets. Beds made daily. Towels changed frequently if you want.
On the beach but very pebbly and as it was windy when we were there the sea was quite strong so not good for poor swimmers. The pool was lovely and plenty of sunbeds. Plenty of beer and spirits. Wine wasn't too good.
Very nice bar just across the road with free wifi and good choice of drinks. a couple of shops across the road too and also one small shop on site by the pool.
Rhodes town a bus ride away and well worth the trip.
Nice thick towelling robes and slippers are a nice treat.
Weather was red hot throught our week with no cloud but a very nice breeze.
The animation team were one of the best we have seen in Greece and really put lots of efforts into their shows at night, which were good to watch.
And as stated in the other reviews, yes, the beds are very hard....
We paid extra for a sea view and it was well worth it.
Taxi from the airport to the hotel was 14 euros however we booked a taxi at reception for the journey back to the airport and it was 17.5 euros... so this was a surprise.
We had a fantastic week and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of an Aegean island full of butterflies, on a sparkling beach with clear waters: there lies the Electra Palace Rhodes, bright and colorful, a modern resort with clean lines, made for you to have the best summer holidays of your life. Bright and colorful: such will be your days, and your nights, here! Start your day with a hearty breakfast in Electra's Restaurant, our main restaurant. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Aegean - and plan your day: will you be spending it all at the beach or by the big central pool? How about a tennis match at the resort's court, or maybe a friendly game of volleyball or basketball? The kids are going to love it! After lunch you can enjoy a refreshing nap in your spacious, cool room, or maybe read some more of that exciting novel you found at the hotel's reading room. It's your "me" time - the children are well taken care of at the kids' club, playing fun games and learning new things. As the evening approaches, you start to think about dinner: Chinese, or Italian? Don't forget to check out tonight's menu at Electra's Reastaurant too - its variety is so tempting! After dinner, how about a drink at Waves beach bar? Or, how about asking for our childcare services and taking a long romantic walk with your significant other on the moonlit beach? Such are the days at the Electra Palace at Rhodes, laid back and relaxing, full of fun things to do. Aiming in creating a contemporary resort worthy of our guests, we have taken care of every little detail, so that you can spend your holidays having a real holiday: there are sports courts and a gaming center. There are four restaurants, two serving ethic cuisine. There are five bars - one is certain to suit your mood. There are kids' and teenagers' clubs with qualified staff and special kids' menus and tons of fun activities for the young ones. And there are also five star services and amenities: crisp linen and fully equipped bathrooms and bathrobes for all, and safes and double glazed windows and air-conditioning and DVD players in the rooms, and views of the sea and green gardens and concierge service and so much more! And then there're the smiles. The smiles of our staff, happy to welcome you, keen on helping you make the best of your vacations. And the smiles of everyone around you, having the time of their lives! Won't you join them? Welcome to the Electra Palace Rhodes. Welcome to the hospitality you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Palace Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Palace Hotel Ialyssos
- Hotel Electra Palace
- Electra Palace Ialysos
- Electra Palace Hotel Rhodes
- Electra Palace Rhodes Ialyssos