We just returned from a weeks stay at the Electra Palace. We were due to stay at the Oceanis but after discovering it's promise of refurbished rooms on it's website only related to one floor, we took the advice of other posters & paid extra to go to the Electra.
I will post some lovely photos, look at the hotel's website & what you see is exactly what you get. We had a 5th floor room with an amazing view of the pool. The rooms are very spacious, immaculately cleaned & the minibar is stocked when you arrive. It is not restocked but this did not bother us as the cola was local brand & we prefer branded so bought our own. The room has lovely bathrobes & slippers & toiletries. They are very good & restocked immediately. The hotel is on the flight path but the rooms have sound proof windows & you don't hear a thing. Actually we enjoyed seeing the planes as did all the guests who were constantly trying to catch them on their cameras whizzing past! The hotel had very little British travellers, mostly french & german. As you can imagine the Battle of the Sunbeds is alive & well. On some days we could not get a bed in a nice area & for the 1st time in 33 years I suffered mozzy bites after having to sun in the grassed area. After this I took it upon myself to inform the mangement of my disdain having seen people hijack the beds at 6am etc then not turn up to them until sometimes 2pm. The Hotel said it is not allowed & so we had a fun day removing all the towels! I had lots of fun telling an irate Frenchman who said the bed belonged to him to "Ferme la Bouche"!They were all hotel issued beach towels so no personal belongings. In fact we were so peed off at the people doing this, we took the boat to Turkey & placed our towels out at 6am before we were picked up & left them there all day and night. We chose our location craftily on a couple who took the choicest beds everyday without fail. Small pleasures. Anyway, I digress. The food is marvellous, I have never seen a hotel with so much choice, the breakfasts were eggs,bacon etc about 10 cereals, fresh fruit, freshly cooked croissants, pancakes. The lunches & dinners were as varied with a sweets section that was out of this world. The homemade gateauxs, profiteroles etc melted in your mouth. The Italian & chinese were great but book early as we did on the 2nd day to be given a slot at the chinese the night we were leaving, it was so popular. The beach is shingle so adviseable to invest in a pair of waterproof shoes from the supermarket for about 5 euros if you are going to visit often. We got our best tan then. The Hotel is in a quiet location & a bit out of the way but this suited us perfectly. The entertainment was great fun, Beatles night, Abba night, it was fun watching all the foreigners singing Hey Jude word for word and all twisting to Twist & Shout singing the words! The hotel is spotless. Only few drinks are branded but the local ones were good, not bad at all. We were so glad we changed to the Electra, besides the sunbeds we couldn't fault it, the staff speak very good english & are very friendly. Lefteris, George & Giannis (Rhode's own Jimmy Carr) made sure there were very little queues at night for drinks. It was a relaxing break for me & the hubby after I had been diagnosed with a serious illness issue last yeat & needed a break. I did wish my kids were there as the kids there had so much fun with their own play areas, pool & watching their little disco at night doing Superman & Agadoo was fun. We felt so relaxed even on the second day & have decided next time to return with our young children. I would wholeheartedly recommend this. I will post photos soon, lots of the room, beach, hotel bars and pool for you. Oh and you have to visit Rhodes town, it's beautiful, we were so impressed last time we got engaged that day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of an Aegean island full of butterflies, on a sparkling beach with clear waters: there lies the Electra Palace Rhodes, bright and colorful, a modern resort with clean lines, made for you to have the best summer holidays of your life. Bright and colorful: such will be your days, and your nights, here! Start your day with a hearty breakfast in Electra's Restaurant, our main restaurant. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Aegean - and plan your day: will you be spending it all at the beach or by the big central pool? How about a tennis match at the resort's court, or maybe a friendly game of volleyball or basketball? The kids are going to love it! After lunch you can enjoy a refreshing nap in your spacious, cool room, or maybe read some more of that exciting novel you found at the hotel's reading room. It's your "me" time - the children are well taken care of at the kids' club, playing fun games and learning new things. As the evening approaches, you start to think about dinner: Chinese, or Italian? Don't forget to check out tonight's menu at Electra's Reastaurant too - its variety is so tempting! After dinner, how about a drink at Waves beach bar? Or, how about asking for our childcare services and taking a long romantic walk with your significant other on the moonlit beach? Such are the days at the Electra Palace at Rhodes, laid back and relaxing, full of fun things to do. Aiming in creating a contemporary resort worthy of our guests, we have taken care of every little detail, so that you can spend your holidays having a real holiday: there are sports courts and a gaming center. There are four restaurants, two serving ethic cuisine. There are five bars - one is certain to suit your mood. There are kids' and teenagers' clubs with qualified staff and special kids' menus and tons of fun activities for the young ones. And there are also five star services and amenities: crisp linen and fully equipped bathrooms and bathrobes for all, and safes and double glazed windows and air-conditioning and DVD players in the rooms, and views of the sea and green gardens and concierge service and so much more! And then there're the smiles. The smiles of our staff, happy to welcome you, keen on helping you make the best of your vacations. And the smiles of everyone around you, having the time of their lives! Won't you join them? Welcome to the Electra Palace Rhodes. Welcome to the hospitality you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Palace Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Electra Palace Hotel Ialyssos
- Hotel Electra Palace
- Electra Palace Ialysos
- Electra Palace Hotel Rhodes
- Electra Palace Rhodes Ialyssos