“YET AGAIN ANOTHER GREAT HOLIDAY”

and 1 more site!
Ialyssos Bay Hotel Suneo Club
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Ialyssos
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We recently returned from our holiday in Ialyssos Bay Hotel and are already planning our next one. I cannot find any fault with this hotel. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily to a very high standard. The food is improving all the time and i even noticed that the staff were happy to accomodate any guests that had special requirements. Julia in the restaurant is a lovely lady who likes to make sure everyone is happy.

The reception staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are dealing with guests of many different nationalities. I wanted to contact my children using facetime as I was missing them so much and I could do this from the hotel no problem. Infact I was given some free wi-fi to enable me to speak to them longer.

The gardens are well kept and have beautifull lawns and flower beds. The pool is immaculate and the area around it is kept clean and tidy by the staff.

the barman 'Billy' is simply the best he works so hard to make sure everyone is served as quickly as possible and takes great pride in his work. Billys cocktails go down a treat and he certainly doesnt scrimp on his measures of wines and spirits. We mustn't forget the young man in the snack bar who works hard serving drinks till 6pm at night. He also makes a variety of cocktails as well as serving wine and spirits.

I notice the previous review mentioned a bad smell between the pool and reception I can honestly say we never experienced anything like this.

We made some really nice friends at this hotel who have been before and some who are planning to return. Personally we can't wait to go back.

4  Thank Christine G
There are newer reviews for Ialyssos Bay Hotel Suneo Club

Reviewed 28 May 2012

" Come as strangers Leave as Friend." Sounds like an TV advert!!! Myself and nine family members booked to stay at Ialyssos bay and left making so many new friends we can't count them all. From the time you arrive and walk through the front door to waving goodbye as your coach is leaving you are made so welcome. The hotel staff are friendly and really helpful "nothing is too much trouble" All the rooms are clean and of the highest standard. The restaurant has a first class chef who cooks meals from around the world. The Bars have a wide range of beers, cocktails and spirits for everyone's taste. Two of our party got married while we were their, the hotel laid on a wedding party for 21 people at short notice and made the reception one to remember. The rest of our party who stayed at another hotel in Ixia were so impressed they are booking with us for next year.

Room Tip: Sea view or pool view? hard to choose
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank William R
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The only god part of this hotel is the food and the nice English lady that greets you at meal times,

Some of the Bad points are :- Very hard uncomfortable Beds, a Smell like Sewage / Bad Eggs between the hotel reception and pool area, the “All Inclusive” alcohol is rubbish, we went out each evening and paid for drinks at local Bars as the “Free” stuff was very unpalatable .

I work for myself and need to access my e-mails every day, before leaving the UK I asked the hotel to confirm internet access was available in our room, I paid 20 Euros for Wi-Fi that just did not work, the ridiculously slow up and download speed and disconnection every 3 minutes made it impossible to work, I complained to the reception who did nothing to help, I them asked for my 20 Euros back but this was refused, due to this appalling service I had to deal with 341 e-mails first thing on monday morning back in the UK, I would not stay at this hotel again even if it was Free !!!

Room Tip: Stay a another Hotel NOT the Ialyssos Bay Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The hotel has everything you need. The staff are friendly and helpful, the room/hotel was exceptionally clean, the food was lovely with a good selection, near to the beach and is suitable for everyone.

Would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Looked like all the rooms had a view of either a well maintained garden or fresh water pool which wa...
6  Thank Liam M
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Just back from this lovely relaxing hotel . The location of the hotel is right near the beach although pebbly ( the whole area is ) I found it very peaceful and tranquil - sunbeds are available on the beach to hire. Its a 10 minute stroll to all the bars and restaurants. The hotel staff were very helpful nothing was too much trouble .
The hotel has had a major facelift and the room we had was lovely with telly and balcony and air conditioning , bathroom had a bath and had nice decor.
Breakfast had everthing - porridge , cereals, toast,crossaints , pastries , hams and cheeses and then warm sausages or bacon , eggs- boiled scrambled fried, baked beans. teas/ coffees
Lunch again plenty of food- soup, fresh salads and then main course and then desserts to die for.
Dinner - same as lunch but with a different selection of meals and yummy desserts
in the pool area during the day - small finger food was also supplied .
Drinks - beer very good , and soft drinks - I only tried the lemonade but I found it lovely , hubby had the orangeade.
4 choices of cocktails and I can reccomend the pina colada - lovely .
No problems with sunbeds always available and noticed they had more on standby for the summer season.
quiet hotel , no entertainment till later in the season , but had a lovely holiday and thank you to all the mangement and staff. Very clean
reception area was very relaxing with large sofas/ to chill in .
Small childrens playground - and lovely pool with lifeguard on duty.

13  Thank Ballinode1
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Having stayed here before we were very surprised at how welcoming this hotel was. We had a lovely spacious room which was spotless. we never had any complaints what so ever and the cocktails were great. that was sopmething we werent expecting. We would rate this hotel as a 5 star rather than 4. we are returning her in may and meeting up with some wonderful people we met. The food etc is not to be complained about. Looking forward to our return in may. Dont beleive all the bad reviews you read.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
17  Thank twiggy1961
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is absolutely spotless, very very clean and modern. Everywhere has a new and modern feel, the pool is good, and the gardens beautiful. We couldnt believe how large the rooms were, we had a garden terrace with a lovely view. Id definately go back here.The food is mainly greek but gorgeous! And Rhodes town is only a twenty minute taxi ride.

Room Tip: Rooms dotted around the gardens are beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank sarah r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ialyssos
Electra Palace Rhodes
#8 of 70 in Faliraki
Sun Beach Resort Complex
Sun Beach Resort Complex
#3 of 31 in Ialyssos

Been to Ialyssos Bay Hotel Suneo Club? Share your experiences!