“BRILLIANT HOLIDAY!!!!!”

Ialyssos Bay Hotel Suneo Club
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Ialyssos
“BRILLIANT HOLIDAY!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed at the ialyssos bay hotel for 2 weeks from the 28th of July. We had awful flight times and did not arrive until the early hours of sunday morning which we were greeted by a male receptionist. On which he quickly checked us in, and pointed us to the canteen for some soup which was a lovely touch. when we got to our room it was clean and spacious for 2 people. We are a young couple and this was our second holiday together even though this is a family hotel the entertainment for the adults is also very good, we particularly enjoyed the poker night, and the quiz nights. whilst the childrens entertainment was on we would either be eating, in the snack bar having drinks or pop to the many bars and shops just a stones throw from the hotel. I would like to say a particular thank you to Arthur the barman, he always created good conversation and also began to just pour our drinks as we always had the same! I am a very fussy eater and only eat certain meat and the ladies in the canteen were very very accommodating asking the chef to even cook for me personally. we did not visit the beach as we are not a fan of the sand, but it still looked lovely. the swimming pool was great as we have had bad experiences in the past I found it lovely. I cannot fault the hotel on anything, and the staff are friendly, welcoming and I would advise anyone from families to couples to definitely go as it is well worth it!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank April R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
South Wales
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed first week July, 2 adults and teenager. We had never been to Greece before so were unsure what to expect. On arrival we were quickly dealt with by very efficient and friendly receptionists. A passing guest stopped to say we were going to have a great time here. She was right, we did! The staff make this hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for them. All very friendly, polite and willing to help. The reception staff are extremely helpful and the 2 ladies running the restaurant, are total gems! Always smiling, always chatted to the whole family, advising on dishes that were available and any dietary requirements we may have had, which was great as a huge selection of food and easy to miss things. They are constantly asking if all was ok and very keen for feedback on any problems or issues, of which we had none! Bar staff work non stop. I never queued for more than a minute. Drinks are ok, large selection of spirits, cocktails etc. Yes, some of the soft drinks do taste a bit sweet but with such a variety of drinks there will be something there for everyone's taste buds! Our room was very large with huge bed and 2 sofa beds. Lots of different snacks available during days at snack bar. Pool area was ok. Yes people reserve beds but where don't they? We went out most days but beds were free late afternoon when it was still boiling hot and sunny. Entertainment team seemed very friendly and not pushy! Rep Rueben also deserves credit, always smiling and chatty even though we didn't book any trips! Hotel in good location. A minute from beach, close to the town, and buses. Reception also will order you taxis as well so no excuse not to see a bit of Rhodes! Rhodes town fantastic. We visited 3 times and still missed loads! Something for everyone there! Visit monastery at Filerimos, spectacular views of area. Go up the town in Iaylassos, the locals are the most friendliest people we have ever encountered on a holiday! My only complaint was the Mosquitos! Which, judging by many tourist legs in Rhodes town must be an issue with the area, certainly not down to the hotel! They either love you or hate you I got bitten a lot, hubby not one bite! I think most of my bites came on first night arriving at airport at night and not using repellent. Next time I would apply repellents before leaving terminal building! All in all fabulous holiday! Only regret is not having discovered this place before!

7 Thank mia022
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel was fantastic and the food was fantastic as well, the rooms were basic but we were never in them much was always out. Julia from the restaurant was such a lovely person very friendly and very polite. The entertainment team were second to none especially Dan he and caroline, yella and Carolina were so friendly and very funny,not forgetting Arthur from poolside bar very friendly and helpful, over all a great hotel and staff highly recommended. We would definitely be going back for our 1st anniversary .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eddie G
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice location on the northwest edge of Rhodos.The rooms are basic but very clean and with nice bathrooms,housekeeping was good.For security reasons the hotel only issues one key per room which was a nuisance to be honest.The suneo team were constantly cheerful and nothing was a problem for them. The hotel staff is second to none.The maitre'd Julia is quite possibly the nicest human being on earth-she should have her own reality show!! Frank the barman at the pool bar is super too.The all inclusive package is great value,the food is great and the cocktails pack a punch,all in all a good spot-watch out for the rocky beach-I'd definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are open to a lot of noise from early morning!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Der48
Southport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Just come home from the lalyssos bay hotel. I stayed here with my friend (we are both 21 years old) and I think that this hotel offers something for everyone. The staff (waitresses, greeters, reception staff, bar men and entertainment team ) are all friendly and work really hard, the hotel was also really clean at all times.

We arrived early hours of the morning and they had soup and rolls waiting for us which was nice. The reception desk were polite and very helpful.

The Thompson rep was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He was always there when he said he was going to be there (pretty much visited every single day) which is good if you have any questions.

THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM!!!... Were fab. They really made the holiday for me as they were so friendly, enthusiastic and got everyone involved without being pushy. Dan, Yella, Caroline and Carolina, thank you! (Dan has an amazing voice too.) I particularly enjoyed the quiz night, dans singing night, Yella's "minute to win it night", the Greek night, the aqua aerobics and watching the water polo :)

The food at the hotel got a little repetitive at times however there is definitely something for everyone (I'm a really fussy eater and didn't struggle at all).

The pool area isn't huge however I personally found it to be big enough. The water isn't freezing like it can be in some hotels. It was lovely and very clean. We didn't struggle to get sun loungers however I would imagine in the height of season it could get difficult as people do reserve them with their towels at stupid o'clock in the morning.

We enjoyed getting the bus into Rhodes for €2.30 each way and it only took 15 minutes. I liked the shops in new town Rhodes but old town Rhodes was so beautiful and I will definitely be returning.

I also enjoyed going to the beach which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. €8 for two sun loungers and a parasol. There is a nice breeze at the beach making it easier to sun bathe on hot days. It wasn't over crowded and it was very clean. Just be careful of the rocks and pebbles as they hurt your feet!

Overall we really enjoyed the holiday and I would definitely return. We found it to be very good value for money.

6 Thank Jenna_25x
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I booked this hotel very last minuite (3days before departure) as a nice and easy cheap get away.

I had read a few dissapointing reviews on here before we left but I didnt let that put me off.

we arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning and where offered food and drinks. We where allocated a bungalow with gardern views. (505) this was a single storey block so we had nobody clattering above us. The bungalow was a generous size and was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning was also sufficient.

We where out by the pool area every day by 9am by this time there was no free sun beds round the pool. The where probably only 10 peolple sat round there and all the sunbeds had been reserved with towels. Although on our welcome sheet it said that sunbeds could not be reserved before 10am nobody adhered to this rule.

We sat on the grass area everyday where there was a little more space to spread oit trather than being laid half an arms length away from a stranger.

There was a good selection off food although the meat options where a bit hit or miss. The choice at lunch time seemed to be better than dinner.

Lots of fresh fruit and veg and greek dishes to choose from and CHIPS for the less adventurous.

The hotel staff where very friendly and made you feel at home this was quite a contrast to other all inclusive
resorts I have been to where the staff have been quite rude and misserable. Here they where happy to help and have a genuine chat with you.

The entertainment team worked hard day and night. Dan one of the entertainers did come out with a few funny one liners that made my husband and I giggle. Watching kareoke and getting involved isnt really our cup of tea but I cant put down their efforts.

after a week at this hotel we both felt relaxed and didnt want to come home.

Good points
*huge rooms
*friendly staff
*good selection off food and drink

Bad points
*pool area not big enough for hotel size
* late check out-could only book thisevening before departure and it wasnt gaurented.
*location

would we go back?

100% YES

9 Thank elmorl
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I would describe this as a very good 3 star hotel, which I rounded up to a 4 as the price was so good! The rooms were adequate, clean and secure, with a balcony with a table and chairs. The bedding and towels changed every day, and done by about 2pm.
The pool was a good size, with a shallow and deep end. Bar by the pool was nice, good seating area and good selection of drinks. The animation team were really fantastic, very funny and friendly, but they would not pressure you or bother you into joining in with activities.
The restaurant was good, the food quality was very high, but there wasn't much variety. All the hotel staff were very very friendly, and the appearance of the hotel is very nice.
The location is another plus, very close to bars and shops with a very nice Italian round the corner. It is also close to Rhodes Town (€15 via cab or €3 via bus) which is well worth a visit. It is under the flight path for the airport, but personally I didn't find the the planes (about every 15 minutes) bothered me that much. Don't bother with the beach, it's pebbled and the water is very cold!
Overall this is a good hotel, no it's not the best 4 star I have ever been to, but it is certainly one of the most value for money! Do not be put off by very negative reviews, unless you have ridiculously high standards, in which case, you should be paying more for your holidays!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KirstyKelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ialyssos
Electra Palace Rhodes
#28 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Dodeca Sea Resort
Dodeca Sea Resort
#23 of 31 in Ialyssos

Been to Ialyssos Bay Hotel Suneo Club? Share your experiences!