We stayed here with a 6-year old as part of a package vacation from Sweden. It's heavily geared towards Scandinavian and Russian families, so if you're not in this category you may want to look elsewhere. Nonetheless, they had lots of activities and entertainment for kids and parents alike - kids clubs and special kids nights, daily kids disco and family show, fitness classes, table tennis and so on every day. The 'animation' (entertainment) staff were very friendly and great with the kids. We found the staff in general very helpful; for example we wanted to change to a ground floor apartment and they were able to fix this for us even though it was heavily booked.
The resort has two building complexes with different room types. Building 1 has the main pool and restaurant area, but Building 2 also has a decent pool area, bar and is where the nightly shows are held. Either building is good though only Building 1 has a view over the sea. The resort is part of a bigger resort area with lots of supermarkets, cafes and restaurants. This area of Ialyssos is extremely touristy, and good food is hard to come by, but if you are happy with burgers, fries, and the occasional overcooked moussaka then you'll be fine. Food at the restaurant was in a similar vein but salads were good and the kids meals were good value with drinks and ice cream included. Breakfast was included in our package and it was a totally fine buffet.
If you want to get in to Rhodos town, the cab trip was 14 euros one way and I think there were bus services from/near the hotel. Rhodos itself is worth checking out, especially the old town which is touristy but still very quaint and special. We also hired a car through the hotel and took a day trip around Rhodes, which made it easy to check out places like Lindos and some of the small, out of the way villages. Recommend doing this but shop around for a good value car hire - we paid 100 euros for a convertible for 1 day, but we saw deals like 3 days for 90 euros.
The rooms were clean, relatively spacious (we stayed in two rooms: an apartment and one of their Kids Suites, which was very well laid out for families with toys, T-shirts and special beds for the kids). The pools and pool area were clean and well maintained.
Only thing we didn't like was that it was in the flight path, so you have planes flying pretty low overhead about once an hour, less often in night.
Overall I'd recommend this if you want an easy family trip with no hassles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun beach resort complex is a magnificent 4* hotel located in a prominent position on the beach of Ialyssos, just 8 km away from Rhodes. The resort represents a fun and relaxing holiday environment with an impressive range of accommodation, fine cuisine & bars, leisure & sports facilities, good entertainment for all age groups and a high standard of warm and personal service. The property is suitable for people with walking difficulties & wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Beach Resort Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Hotel Ialyssos
- Sun Beach Hotel Complex
- Sun Beach Ialysos
- Sun Beach Hotel Rhodes
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Rhodes/Ialyssos