“Absolutely worth the money!”

Dodeca Sea Resort by Forum Hotels
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Ialyssos
Nærbø
“Absolutely worth the money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Had a week here on this hotel 26 May - 2 June.
Didn`t know much about the hotel, so we were excited about how it would be.
We paid about 3300 NOK per person for flight + hotel (about 440 EURO)
Had a great trip, where we got very much for the small amount we paid.
We got a renovated room which was very nice, great pool area, all over good food, friendly staff, and the mini disco in the evening were very popular and fun for the kids.
Looking at some comments here from people that apparently expect everything when theire on a holliday - without thinking about how little they actually pay for - makes me surprised.
For the price its absolutely worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Glenn83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I went with my daughter in June 2012 and had a most excellent stay. The staff were always pleasant and you never saw a cup, plate or dish lying around for very long.
The hotel was always clean and the food was good, varied and something for everyone.

The pools were clean and there was always a friendly atmosphere. There was always a deck chair free whatever time of day or night you went.
The entertainment staff were very entertaining too, but did not overdo it and were not in your face if you did not want it.
The children seemed to have a marvellous time.
The best however was all day pizza oven where you could have pizza's any time you wanted.
I would recommend this hotel.
This hotel is not to be confused with their sister hotel down the road which is undergoing renovation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank ABWTWT
essex, great britain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I don't want to sit here and tell people they shouldn't stay here as each person is entilted to their own opinion and everyones expectations are different. I do not expect lavish furnishings or to be waited on hand or foot for the price we paid but what I do expect is clean bug free rooms. This has to be my main complaint. When we arrived very late on Sunday night we were given the room 209 (do not accept this if you get given that number!) when we walked up too the door we were greeted by a terrible sewage smell, inside was no better. The room was dull, dreary and smelly. It was also filthy, dust everywhere, dirty smudge marks and splattered bugs on the wall. The toilet seat was wooden and split and the bath was filth with grime. The towel rail fell off in my Mum's hand and the sheets were full of holes. The tv also didn't even switch on (not that that's a problem!) We had requested a pool/ garden view when given the option. Upon opening the patio doors were greeted with an even greated with a greater smell of sewege. Looking out on lots and lots of dirty bed sheets and towels along with old rotten furnishings suh as tables and chairs etc. It was just disgusting.So Mum complained and we were told we had to stay in that room for the night which is fair enough as it was late.
In the morning Nadia came to find us and moved us to a room above the dining area. It was better than the previous room, slightly cleaner and brighter with a pool view. But it was still dirty and dusty everywhere, that night we were greeted to a large cockroach in our bathroom, being both girls we couldn't get rid of it ourselves so we called down to reception and they took around 20 mins to send someone to remove it, Then throughout the week we were greeted with more cockroaches in our room, when we spoke to reception about this we were told to put our bath towels down on along the door so they could not get in!!! To add to this were greeted by many many gnats/mozzys in our room which would bite you at any opportuinty they would get (we saw some incredibly badly bitten people in the hotel) at night you can't even sit inside without being surrounded by the pesky things!!
The entertainment was terrible. and I mean terrible. the two men worked hard, yes i agree. but it was repetiitve and terriblyplanned, it was done in front of the main entrance to the bar so during the entertainment you would have to walk through it to get to the bar. One night they put on a terriby shoddy 'fire' show where they left broken glass and beds of nails on the floors (with tiny children running right by it!!!!) If you didn't want to coe over their every last word they took it upon themseleves to be very rude and completly ignore you!!! surely they should be professional??!!!
The food during the day was ok, the fresh pizza was lovely and the guy who makes them works super hard and was always friendly! but the dinners were the same repetitive slop day in day out. It all tasted strangley dusty! So I would only eat spaghetti or we ended up going out to end (defeating the object of 'all inclusive')

But!!! On the plus side, the swimming pools are lovely and clean and the man who works on reception is really lovely with a great manner. Also, the resturant manager was always super friendly and even helped us with our luggage. Nadia was a delight and she should most certianly be working at a better hotel elsewhere she is wasted there! what a lovely lady!!!!!!!

As I said earlier it's all in what you think is acceptable but i know i will certaintly never be going there again as I have been all over the world and stayed in cheaper lower rated hotels and have experienced a much better holiday!!! We still emjoyed ourselves but this hotel was not for us I'm afraid!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank s l

Travellers are raving about these Ialyssos hotels

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Well where do I begin!!! Apart from what a Magnificent Value for money resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Absolute Amazing Holiday!!!!!
Upon arrival through the hotel doors, I was immediately Greeted by happy, friendly, smiling reception staff who done the usual check-in stuff with total ease and efficiency. Within minutes I was allocated to my room and was through the door within minutes of arrival. Ok the rooms where a little dated but very cosy and comfortable, also very clean. I travelled on my own for a friend’s wedding located 20km (12miles) away, and my room was very spacious with one double bed, two single beds, a hideaway kitchen, (fridge, cooker and sink) Fridge proved more than handy for my fresh fruit and my ice cold Fanta lemon purchased from the local supermarket 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
There are three swimming pools which were absolutely spotless and where cleaned daily(have a look at pics), and the gardens where well looked after by the grounds men, they can come and do my garden anytime as gardening is not my thing at all, hehe!!!! I think there is a very shallow pool for the little ones, then a little bit deeper pool for the youngsters, then the swim up bar pool which was the one I used all the time as it was quite deep, I’m 5ft 9” and couldn’t touch the bottom, perfect!!!! Oh The entertainment team always provided aerobics or water aerobics every day usually in the morning.
The entertainment wasn’t quite my cup of tea, as it was very family oriented, but I think the parents and kids had loads of fun and laughs provided by Entertainment team which seemed didn’t stop, fair do’s to them. There was always music by the pool in the afternoon and some kid club activities even a toddlers room (don’t know what went on in there but there were always little ones in there playing and having fun.
The food well, what can I say but Absolutely Awesome considering the price I paid for 10 days all inclusive, under £25 a day. I have read some bad reviews prior to my arrival at the Forum beach and was quite doubtful. But rest assured I thought the food was truly worthy of its 3-4 star rating as there was always something to pick and choose from all through the day. I ate and drank more than the price I paid for the stay easily. I ate like a king!!!!!!! It must be hard to cater for all nationalities, of different ages and sizes, but this was more than adequately catered for in my eyes. I suppose you can’t please the minority of people who probably expect Jamie Oliver/ Gordon Ramsey style cooking, as they are 4 stars, come on wake up and smell the coffee you people who have complained, could you do better considering, different nationalities, age groups of guests and the price that has been paid for the stay. I just couldn’t understand how the hotel could make a profit with the catering that was provided. Pedro, the restaurant manager, was always smiling, making quests feel very welcome and was absolutely amazing with the little ones, Top man, also his staff catered for every need and where very hard working (Cristian and the others).
Breakfast 7.30am-10am —Usual cereals, toast, croissants, omelettes, mushrooms, bacon (not British but still nice), sausages (mainly frankfurter/hotdog type), Cold meats (Salami, garlic sausage and a few other varieties), cheeses and salads. Oh coffee and cold drinks (but juices weren’t 100% pressed, but some concentrate type)
Lunch 12.30pm-2pm only once I had lunch and can’t remember exactly what was on for offer but it was probably chips, nuggets and stuff. With the usual salad bar and fruit and drinks.
Dinner 6.30pm-9pm Soup of the day for starter, A wide choice of salads, cavery usually with pork, rice dish, some kind of Greek stew, grilled fish, and always a selection of cake, ice creams, fruit cocktails.
Snack Bar (At poolside) 1pm-3.30pm Always beautiful fresh stone baked pizza, and a salad bar with a good variety of salads to pick from. Got to say this i’m not at all a pizza eater, but these were yummy.
Room Maids – A big thumbs up to real hard working girls, my room was cleaned spotlessly daily, with fresh bedding and towels (unless I asked them not to clean). They were always smiling, happy and it was always quite a pleasure to see them. Nothing was ever out of place in the room, would have just been picked up cleaned around and then put back. My cleaners were 100% loyal and trustworthy, thank you girl’s xx Room 309
Night time Security – One evening, one came home from the local Empire Club (Cracking little local dance club) rather worse for wear at 3.30am. Me being a snobby stubborn so and so, refused to wear the wrist band provided at check-in. When I entered the hotel reception, got half way through when I was call back by the reception staff, and the security guard (with the posh Mercedes) and was interrogated and checked to whom I was and where I was staying. I know I shouldn’t criticise this as I could have been anyone entering the premises, so a big thumbs on the reception guy for doing the check quickly and efficiently, and the security guard for his quick response to immediately approach me.

So all in all the hotel was very worthy of the very little price i paid for an eleven night stay, under £25 a night, with every meal catered for. I must say this hotel has some very happy amazing staff, which would help when ever needed. Nadia the hotel guest relations’ was an absolutely amazing to deal with if you had any problems, she worked fast and efficiently to rectify any guest or hotel problems and I must say she is a total asset to SG group hotels, I can see her running the show one day. Pedro the restaurant manager also an asset to the hotel, with his catering.

All In all a fabulous holiday/hotel for very little money (see pics) I will miss some very good friends which i met on this holiday. Especially a certain one who i pray i will see again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank bhuna31
Southampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

The staff are very friendly and very helpful and hard working,nothing is too much for them. However this hotel and the opinion of those staying here depended very much on your room. We travelled through Ola Holiday and paid £270 each including transfers. Our room was at the back of the hotel very dirty and smelly. We met up with another couple whom we travelled with and had also booked for the Forum Beach through Ola Holiday. They were very happy indeed and when we saw there room we realised why. They had been given a room which had been recently refurbished, one is 2 star and the other 4 star. After complaining and waiting 24 hours we were given a better room in a different block. Which was what we might have expected from the beginning of a 4 star hotel. One other thing all other 4 star hotels we have been to in other countries,Provided full toiletries not just 2 bars of soap. The food was nice but limited choice. Over all a lovely hotel for the price we paid which I would rate 3 plus star.

1 Thank Suzanne M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Forum Beach offers superb value for money, it is a shame that some people expect everything for nothing and complain. I was at the Forum Beach on the 14th May and all the British who were there booked the Groupon deal which was fantastic value for money, we paid £219 each for 7 nights including flights and transfers. Image for the same money you cannot go to Devon / Blackpool etc for that. So for the complainers out their you are the ones that booked because you could not afford anything else. Not cultured enough to experience different food. Remember you are in Greece after all!!! Please I urge you complainers to think before you write bad reviews as they put hotels off offering fantastic deals because it attracts people like you and your spoil it for the rest of us that appreciate the bargain holiday.

Room Tip: Great value for money, large rooms for 2 people with cooking facilities also and a fringe which is a...
4 Thank tcpete22
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Forum Beach hotel in May 2012. Initially, the layout of the hotel looked good. However, the room we stayed in was near the back of the hotel overlooking a cabbage plant which smelt of sewage at different times of the the day. The room consisted of one bedroom and one living area/kitchenette. We didn't use the living area as you could hardly class the seats as sofas. The bedroom was very average and I wouldn't class it as 4*. There was a tv and air conditioning but we didn't use either as you had to pay to use them. Additionally, the room was infested with mosquitos. We found a number of mosquitoes and other insect flattened onto the walls of the rooms. Consequently, we left the room with at least another 20 flattened mosquitoes on the walls. My husband in particular was bitten a number of times over his head and face which was why we resorted to a killing spree half an hour before bedtime. It was successful on most occasions, but somehow, the nifty little creatures managed to make their way into the room to devour my poor husband. The bathroom was average. The room was cleaned most days but the bathroom was not cleaned to a good standard. In one instance, the cleaners took our towels and didn't replace the toilet rolls. These were replaced untimely after my husband had an 'accident' in the bathroom. The room was very dark but that was ok since we wanted the lights off most of the time. The food was good and plentiful. I've read some reviews complaining about the food but I found there to be quite a large selection of options for the buffet especially since neither me or my husband eat meat. The restaurant owner was really friendly and helpful. The drinks were watered down but we didn't mind as we were dehydrated from the stuffy non-air conditioned room. We didn't use the spa as we found it to be quite expensive. It didn't seem to me that anyone else used the spa facilities either. The beach was close by and is very pretty but bear in mind that it is a stoney beach and is very painful if you venture into the cold waters. However, we did scooter up to Faliraki one day and the beaches there were gorgeous and sandy. Plus it's alot less windy at that end so the sea is warmer. The entertainment was mind-numbingly painful and repetitive to the point where we walked out most nights. One thing I found out to be very annoying were the Germans who wouldn't stop staring at us. My husband and I are British Asian and found it really unnerving that every time we entered a room, walked by the pool, spoke (and breathed!!!), we were stared at. Not friendly stares either! But maybe that's because we're both drop-dead gorgeous?! All that said, the value for money for the holiday was very good. Considering how much we paid, we were very happy with the whole holiday and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. This was mostly as we didn't spend one day by the pool or at the hotel but instead spent most of our trip out and about around the Island.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ialyssos
Electra Palace Rhodes
#29 of 129 in Rhodes Town
Sirene Beach Hotel
Sirene Beach Hotel
#53 of 129 in Rhodes Town

Been to Dodeca Sea Resort by Forum Hotels? Share your experiences!