This hotel got raving reviews here for a good reason. We stayed in "Sunshine Vacation Club" during one week in October with our 2 year old son and had a wonderful time! Even though this hotel is only 4 stars, I got the impression it's far better than other "5 stars" hotels in Rhodes.
Here are the points I'd like to review:
* The room: we got a sea view room with a double bed and a baby cot. The furniture in the room was quite basic. The balcony had a great sea view. The room was cleaned every day and was always spotless.
* The food: the food was generally good, better in some days, not great in other days. We could always find something to eat. I preferred the vegetarian dishes, which were better than the meat and fish. The ice cream was always very good. :) We tried the Italian restaurant one night and it was good too. We were told by friends the Greek taben wasn't good.
* The lobby staff: very professional and helpful. Gave us the island map and directions for the buses, as we used only public transportation.
* The animation team: they were very nice, always tried to include our son in the "mini disco" and "mini club" activities. He was too young for some of the activities, but still enjoyed himself.
* Playground: there's a playground inside the hotel with swings, castles, slides. We spent some time there. There's also a playground just outside the hotel which is very good.
* Pool: The water in the pools were TOO COLD to swim in! I think they probably cool the water, so it was impossible for me to swim in October, even when the weather was warm. Some people did swim, but I really can't understand how..
* Beach: the beach was great, but pebbly. Bring water shoes. We preferred to swim in the sea, since the pool was just too cold for us.
Overall, it was a very relaxing and pleasant vacation. I don't think we'll be back, since we've seen the main sites in Rhodes, and we're always looking for some place new to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos