As a party of 5 adults and a 3 year old ( we all had our own rooms ) we stayed here from Sat 12th to Sat 19th October 2013. We booked with Travel Republic.
The hotel is in a fantastic location, one side is the hotel and all it's facilities, walk 3 yards the other side and you are on the beach. If you don't like being on a flightpath, then this isn't the hotel for you. The planes fly overhead, we didn't hear anything at night ( might have been all the AI alcohol ? ), but the planes certainly didn't bother us in the day.
The beach is mainly pebbles and your view from the beach is Turkey. We had a lovely room, very clean and modern with a view towards the sea. Our bed was so, so comfortable, it was very difficult to get up in the morning ! We had 2 televisions in our room - one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, the choice of channels if you are British is terrible even though you are not there to watch TV, it was still pretty dire ! We had a fridge and a 2 ring hob in our kitchen / lounge area. We were supplied with a bottle of water on arrival in our fridge. Air Conditioning in our room - however it wasn't on in October ( June to September ), Telephone, Hairdryer etc ....
If you like your tea and coffee in the morning then I suggest you take your travel kettle with you, even though it's an AI hotel it maybe quite a walk from your building to the tea and coffee facilities that are supplied.
Every day our room was cleaned and we were supplied with clean towels every day. I had a lovely surprise from the hotel staff of a bottle of wine and a basket of fresh fruit on my birthday whilst there - a lovely gesture - many thanks ! The food was good, good choice and something for everyone even though the British are in a minority here. The staff are so very friendly and helpful. We had gorgeous weather for October and there were many activities going on for young and old alike.
We never had any trouble getting a sunbed but then again the hotel wasn't full being so near to closing for the season ( best time to go ). A great atmosphere around the pool bar - here you are served with plastic glasses and for good reason - it's very near to the pool and a lot of people do walk around barefoot.
If you like your internet connection I would suggest you buy this before you arrive, the hotel does not supply free internet and they charge daily rates etc .. to the obvious weekly rate ( weekly rate at the time of our stay was 50 euros ! ). I would love to say ... we would go back .... but one of our party has MS and we had to use the wheelchair every day, disabled access is very ' hit and miss ' here, one minute you come to a ramp the next a huge curb. Until you have someone in a wheelchair then you know what you are up against, it would be great if the hotel management had to go around in a wheelchair themselves to experience the daily stress it causes. So I have to say good hotel for location, room, cleanliness, food, drink and friendliness but sadly we wont return because of the disabled access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos