I stayed here with friends in June 2014 and it was an extremely good value for money all inclusive holiday.
Spacious rooms with fantastic sea views, tv and fridge. Although we had to unplug the lamp to get a plug socket so take a 4way adapter. Bathrooms are a bit dated and hot water was off on one evening. Room was clean and bug free :)
Pools are amazing and we always managed to get a Sunbeds.
Bars are well staffed but choice of drinks is very limited.
Restaurants, breakfast every morning over looking the sea was fantastic, food was typical of all inclusive. We booked into one of the restaurants which was really nice - u have to book the day before at reception 11am.
Location was good, short transfer and the white top mercedes taxis are very reasonable. Shops restaurants and supermarkets all near by.
Nightlife / didn't find any near the hotel (but didn't really look) I suspect you would need a taxi.
Hotel entertainment - hmm the stage is too far away from the bar areas and there are no tables. Short basic evening show from the hotel staff. Not up to a standard you would expect from an all inclusive hotel at this star rating - if u are looking for a hotel with good evening entertainment program with a pleasant stage area different hotel.
Staff, fabulous and hard working (to a point that I wondered if they ever had a break!)
Beach location of the hotel was perfect for us and wind surfing/jet ski just a short stroll up the beach.
In summary lovely sunny holiday, great beach front location, ok quality drinks nice food but poor entertainment program but fabulous friendly staff. Great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos