Just returned from a 2 week stay with my husband and 15 year old daughter. The only criticism was that the room we were in, although spacious could do with an update. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay. All the staff were fantastic and extremely friendly and helpful, they all work extremely hard but with a smile on their faces. The animation team were one of the highlights and some of the shows they put on in an evening were very good and the whole team were fantastic, even if you were not wanting to participate in the activities they put on during the day they were not pushy and just left you alone but still asked you every day if you wanted to be involved..
The dining area was large and there was always a variety of things to choose from. We tried both the Italian and Greek a la carte and enjoyed them both but thought the Italian meal was the better of the two.
The complex is rather large but is kept very clean and tidy, there was always someone keeping the grounds and pool area tidy. The pool itself was spotless, although we only used the large pool, the smaller one was where the younger children's play area was and also where all the activities took place so was usually very busy.
During our first week there were hardly any English holiday makers but this did not seem to matter as English was still spoken by all the hotel staff.
Overall a very good holiday and would certainly consider visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos