“Terrible food”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We just ate at this resturant, there are not many resturants to choose from in the area so we thought we would give this one a try for lunch. The calamari was inedible, it was cooked in so much grease just the smell was putting me off when it arrived, there was also no dip to at least hide the bad taste. My main was not too bad, I played it safe and ordered a Greek dish, my husband unfortunately ordered the fish platter which when it arrived was loaded with yet more grease drenched calamari and also muscles that still had ice on them from where they had not been defrosted and then clearly not cooked, we are now both waiting for the inevitable dodgy tummy that is going to follow, I'm pregnant so I pray this doesn't happen! I would not waste your money and of you decide to, please don't order the fish!

1  Thank debzwynne
Αγαπητος Τ, Manager at Carrusel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

dear debzwynne,

i would like personally thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review cause our customers comments always help us to improve our services and make us better and better.Its a pitty that we didnt managed to keep you satisfied for chosing our restaurant to have your dinner and for this reason i want to apologise.i want to assure that our personnel try hard to make the best for our customers but at the end we are human beings and we do mistakes .please accept our apologises and you must be sure that next time you will visit us we will do our best to to exceed your expectations.

best regards

Agaitos T.
Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We have just returned from an all inclusive holiday to Kolimbia, we were not enjoying the food in the hotel so tried this place and returned for a second visit. The staff were friendly and we really enjoyed the food. There was plenty of it at a good price.

1  Thank Marcie479
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Staff is friendly and busy. Portions are big and prices are quite cheap, but there is a reason for it. Everything is very overcooked, meats, fish and vegetables. I ordered swordfish and first thing i noticed was the smell of the fish, i can still smell it. I probably order swordfish never again. Taste was okeyish but meat bonedry as i mentioned earlier. Others didn't mind that much about the dry meats, maybe i'm just picky. But anyway, giving average ratings is kind in my mind remembering that fish.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Me and my wife visited Kolymbia, Rhodes 1 week in late June 2013. We stayed in a big stylish hotel, but never had our dinner or lunch there. That is because on the first evening we found this local restaurant Carrusel.

They had excellent Greek food (especially Stifado and Lamb Kleftiko!) served with a very friendly attitude. We even had long discussions with the owner who told us stories of their restaurant and also other local things. Respectively, we told some interesting details of our home country Finland.

We really appreciate this friendly and personal service. On one late evening, there was not Lamb Kleftiko available anymore, but as we promised to come back next evening, they had reserved and made it for us!

After dinner, ouzo (or sweet liqueur for ladies) was offered "from the house".

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

After reading about Carousel on TripAdvisor my boyfriend and I decided to eat here on our first evening in Kolymbia.

The food was OK, if a little bland, and we found the staff to be pushy - particularly when they questioned us as to why we couldn't finish the big portions.

It's obviously a popular tourist spot (despite being located next to a noisy bar) and these may seem like petty points, however, first impressions count and we decided not to return to the taverna again.