“Please Read This Review”
Review of Hotel Anavadia

Hotel Anavadia
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Hotel Anavadia is a small to medium size family run hotel. The staff are the best I’ve come across in any hotel. The rooms are modern, spacious, well maintained and clean. The rooms are made up daily with fresh towels and linen. The hotel is secluded and intimate, the ideal place to relax in peace and quiet. The food was very good with lots of tasty traditional dishes and was kept hot and cold as required. I suspect the range of dishes will also increase as they get busier later in the season.

When we arrived at the hotel (near midnight), the guy on reception checked us in in 2 minutes and then carried our cases to the room. He then offered and subsequently provided 2 hot meals and bottles of water which was brilliant.

On our first full day I slipped in our hotel room (because I hadn’t dried my feet) and hurt my back. The hotel arranged a doctor and bought me meals in bed and offered to do more if they could. Throughout the remainder I was looked really looked after, staff asked me how I was getting on and if there was anything I needed. The owners wife gave me a personal tour of their new (soon to open development) and I have seldom met anyone to whom customer service means more.

Because I hurt my back I saw nothing of Rhodes, so I will be going back. When I do I will DEFINITELY be stopping at Hotel Anavadia.

Room Tip: The rooms are all of the same high standard (except the family rooms which are larger) so don't...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Paul G
There are newer reviews for Hotel Anavadia

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed at Anavadia twice now and going back in May 2014 ,food was good all staff were brilliant polite and friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean pool is clean and cool. On our last trip the cab let us down in the early hours of the morning (Olympic Hoilidays) but the lady owner of Anavadia run us to the airport how good was that can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try and get garden view mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Gerry2hammers
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Anavadia in October 2013 having booked a great deal.  For what we paid, the week could not have been better.  Small, friendly hotel with great staff, nice clean room, good pool area and it was great going all-inclusive.  The only complaint would be that range of all inclusive options wasn't as big as other bigger hotels, but this was expected for a smaller hotel and for the price we paid it was fantastic.  Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013
16  Thank Magnus B
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at Anavadia at the end of September 2013 and had a lovely week. The sun was out and the weather was hot, and the hotel was a nice and quiet place for us to relax. All the staff were very friendly, and the hotel was quite small so the level of service was really good. I had not been all inclusive before so didn't really know what to expect. The food was decent (not amazing, but perfectly fine), and there was a good choice of drinks. I couldn't believe the value we got for a week with everything being included. Would recommend to anyone who wants a quiet week in the sun!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KateBlunt
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Anavadia in the first week of September 2013 with my boyfriend (we are in our 20s and 30s).

We were extremely lucky to have a week of hot temperatures and sunshine (30-36 degrees). Having not been on holiday in September before, the hot temperatures were a pleasant surprise (sadly the same cannot be said of the pool temperature - which was freezing cold, as mentioned in other reviews). Often on holiday, I like to go for a swim to cool down.. but I don't expect to feel like I have been submerged in a plunge pool! As a result, I didn't do as much swimming as I normally would. Also, the pool was quite small.

We arrived at the hotel at around 2300 and sadly my heart dropped on arrival - the hotel looked small and unloved. Firstly, there was noone manning reception so we had to knock a few times on a 'staff' door to ask to check in. We were directed to our room and invited to have a drink at the bar, even though it was passed 'free' serving time. Having paid for all inclusive, I strongly agree with other reviewers who found the alcoholic menu limited and disappointing - the result was that I resorted to mostly drinking coke all week! Furthermore, I found it slightly insulting that the grumpy bar man kept referring to the 'free' drink menu - considering we had paid good money for our all inclusive package and therefore the drinks weren't 'free' as he was insinuating!

The staff and bar man were hard working although they gave across the impression that they were hard done by and didn't want to be there - which doesn't quite give off the happy holiday atmosphere you hope for on holiday.

I agree totally with a previous review that the hotel had a flat atmosphere - this was the main downer on my holiday. For example, the same CD was played on repeat, all day, every day, all week. One holidayer gave the bar man his own Cd just to provide everyone's ears with a change!

The hotel was smaller than expected and less well maintained than the photos. I can assume they hadnt repainted anything since they opened. The bedroom comprised of dodgy messy tile work and a leaky wet bathroom which makes me want to go have a wash just rembering it!

Remote, the hotel was in the middle of nowhere but not in a good way! The walk to the 'lively' street provided a sad reminder of the Greek economy - a line of closed down shops, dirty neglected streets and a pool of green water linked to outside pipework was a further eye sore! Precisely, the street outside was disgusting and I was expecting it as I've been to Greece several times.

The food was disappointing, we ate out two of the seven nights - would have been more if we had more money to burn! I hoped to go on holiday and not have to spend anymore money but realistically, to have a decent meal and some real drinks, we had to!

One of the nights we went to Rhodes Town to eat out which was below average - the town itself was pretty and worthwhile a visit.. just rather on the busy side. Hang onto your bags! Also, we had to stand up on the bus and we were packed in like sardines - I'm no health and safety expert but I hate to think what would have happened if we had crashed!

My highlight of the holiday was the daily walk to the sandy beach cove we discovered about 20 minutes away from the hotel (start by turning left out of the hotel then right at the end of the road and just keep walking). The other side of the beach Cove was a lovely romantic beach restaurant in a beautiful setting which made my holiday. Despite the picturesque sea-front restaurant in Kolymbia (and the tasty cocktails at Vassillis round the corner from the hotel), everything else has dissuaded me from going back again.

If you are considering booking this hotel, I simply wouldn't bother!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank leeds2lincs
anavadia, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Hotel Anavadia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Leeds2Lincs

We appreciate your helpful comments about our hotel and this is a positive motive for us to improve our Hotel.
For this new season our changes will be first priority the improvement of food quality. As a result we are replacing the old chef with a more experienced one providing new menus with more variety. At the moment we are looking for a more experienced barman who will make the alcoholic menu richer with more choices at cocktails. Also the Barman will be responsible for more music variety.

Anavadia Hotel

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We Went to The Anavadia Hotel in Kolimbia Rhodes in June 2013, this was my 3rd time in Rhodes which i love & my husbands 1st visit , on arrival the weather was very hot and the outside space of the hotel was clean modern and looked lovley the receptionist was fantastic and continued to be for our weeks stay .
Room was clean nice bathroom ect
all the staff where really lovely and the hotel was spotless .

Then we come to the food ... remember this is advertised as a 4* hotel
Breakfast was ok a bit basic but ok
Then came lunch plenty of salad but they kept running out of feta Cheese their was hardley any Greek dishes , pasta with a bland tomatoe sauce .
this was very dissapointing then came dinner
you could not work out what meat it was as it was so well cooked - the word cremated came to mind !!!
the 2nd night moussaka was on the menu but as only 1 dish which would have fed approx 10 people we missed this as it came out at 6.30pm as dinner started they brought out i think it was chicken as a replacement , everyone was saying get down here for 6.30pm or you will miss out ... im on holiday and want to eat when we want to not so we can eat at all !!!
this was the way the food went and the last straw was when they had sprouts on the menu YES SPROUTS !!!!!
I understand that all tastes have to be catered for but the food was inedible , i was so upset we ended eating out 4 out of 7 nights , which the food was fantastic , i donot understand how the food was so badley cooked i have travelled to many parts of Greece over the last 20 years {see other posts} and i have never ever had a bad meal its always fresh and tasty and the meat is amazing my daughter will only eat lamb in greece see wont touch it in england !!! i also lived in Cyprus for 3 years so i know what Greek food is like .

we did complain to the rep who said he would try his best he even got the area manager from olympic to visit 1 evening she saw it with her own eyes but nothing changed .

Even the bar ran out of lemonade and ouzo !!!! and was very un helpfull .

The last Straw was we had a RAT IN THE ROOM , the said sorry put rat poison down and asked if we wanted to move rooms we only had 2 days left and as another couple above us also had a rat we thought what was the point even the {lovley cleaner } told us their was many rats around .

I will never ever travel with olympic again which is sad as i have had 7 previously good holidays with them when we returned i made an offical complaint olympic came back with an offer of a £50.00 voucher when we refused and put a 2nd complaint in they sent us the same £50.00 voucher and £40.00 compensation with a very patronizing letter. we accepted this as the next stage was going through abta which would have cost us £90.00 and no guarentee of any more compensation

Please think before you book this hotel their where many other problems to many to mention ie some rooms had no hot water or no water at all for several days , a family with 2 small children complained as nothing suitable for them to eat they where told to go and buy them some frozen food and they would refund them the money !!!!!!

The location was great and if it was a bed and breakfast at a 3* rating this would be ok .

Olympic you have lost a very good customer and i am very sad to see your customer service is non exsistant .
the only reason i havent put a review on before this was we were going through the complaints procedure and didnt want to make comments until it was resolved .

We are currentley looking to book the canaries in march and a further holiday in the summer all with thomas cook!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aphrodite-girl
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here in September 2012, although trip advisor wont let me put that! , had beautiful weather so spent some time at the pool which was very clean and there was always enough sun beds and umbrellas. It was quiet and relaxing. Staff all very friendly and helpful and the bar is good, although as with a lot of the all inclusive deals you get, there was not a huge choice of alcoholic drinks (2 cocktails incl), so if you wanted a posh cocktail you had to pay for it. The food was good, there was a lot of choice and plenty to go round, although it was not the hottest food for what you pay and what i have experienced in other 'help yourself' all inclusive hotels I think it was very good.Our room was always spotless and was quiet, bed lovely and big and comfy, had a lovely jacuzzi bath and good air con. We were upstairs and had a balcony with a view of some fields/farm and mountains, very peaceful. It is about a ten minute walk to the beach which was fine for us, the beach was shingle but still very pleasant, lots of water sports to do there. Is a short walk to the shops/restaraunt area some good deals to be had.The bus stop is literally just outside and the buses were lovely big coaches and very cheap! Did get quite full though and had to stand up a couple of times but there are also lots of taxis which stop when you are waiting and if there is a few of you you can negiotate and you will pay the same or less than you would for the bus!
Overall a lovely holiday, i went with my boyfriend and my parents for a week and it went so quick, there was so much to do and I think i could have done with a few more days! If you want a nice chilled out holiday and want to go on 1 or 2 excursions and trips to rhodes town etc i would definitely reccommend it as it is a brilliant base! If you want to be in the city and go partying & spend a lot of time at the hotel I would not choose this hotel as you might feel a bit out of the way and it is a small quiet hotel where people seemed to do their own thing as there wasnt much entertainment or activities like you would get in a larger establishment although they did do a kareoke night which was very funny:).

Room Tip: Probably upstairs and away from bar area, we were on other side and upstairs and was lovely and quie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Golden Odyssey Kolimbia
#15 of 70 in Faliraki
Virginia Hotel
Virginia Hotel
#5 of 5 in Koskinou

Been to Hotel Anavadia? Share your experiences!