From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, there was absolutely nothing to complain about during our recent 1 week all inclusive stay 9th - 16th July 2014.
Accommodation & Grounds:
We had a beach front, sea view villa and my word it did what it said on the tin - stunning! Clean, modern & cosy, beautifully furnished with outstanding sea views whilst being a step away from the pool. The lovely maids are thorough with their cleaning & don't leave a smudge! We watched the sunrise over the beach from our bed each morning - gorgeous! Just to note, the bed was very firm but we had absolutely no trouble dropping off each night.
The grounds are beautifully kept by the gardeners and the flowers are lovely! There is also the chance to take part in daily yoga, stretching & meditation under the pagoda during the day.
Wow! Exceptional staff like never we've experienced before! They would bend over backwards to make your stay truly special, with special gratitude to Nektaria the waitress & Sakis the barman, whilst the lovely George patrolled the beach! Even in the event of becoming unwell, they called a Dr to the room who arrived within 10mins.
Exceptional quality again & endless choice! Beautifully prepared, cooked & presented and we didn't struggle once to find anything other than a plateful to eat! Top notch grub!!
There was entertainment provided every night on the terrace, although we were already aware from previous reviews that it was a bit hit & miss for younger couples, but classy all the same.
Pools, Beach & Sun beds:
Both pools are absolutely stunning and they never came close to feeling at all overcrowded. The beach provided free use of sun loungers to the resorts guests only, of which George patrolled. The beach was definitely stoney & so we highly recommend taking water shoes to avoid being giggled at by others whilst trying desperately to cross the stones to the water! Don't let the stones put you off though, it was almost like a little private beach. The lovely waitresses serve you from your loungers at both the pools & the beach. It's such peaceful resort there is no poolside music, however there is a small amount of music in the background from the poolside bar. Sun beds by the pool are so comfy, but you need to be on the ball to reserve them in the morning towels are provided from 8am (sometimes earlier). Again, the pool areas are all spotless. At night the pools light up, with tiny coloured lights that make it look so pretty. A real unique touch to this resort. We sat and enjoyed a cocktail as the sun went down.
WiFi is available free of charge in the lobby area. However, there is a charge if you wish to access it anywhere else in the resort, including poolside, rooms etc. There are two computers to use in the lobby free of charge also, however, the connection / signal to the WiFi in the lobby was very temperamental to connect to. Although we were grateful for time spent away from our phones, the couple of times we wished to upload photos etc in the evenings, this was our only gripe & caused great frustration. Plus, it meant that many people congregated inside in the lobby area all on their phones instead of sitting & enjoying the evening entertainment, views & drinks etc.
Thomas Cook / Car hire:
Having read many poor reviews of the transfer situation prior to our trip, we decided to hire a car so therefore cannot comment on this. However, it took just 30mins max to drive from the airport to the resort & was very straight forward to find with a quick glance at the map (Nb: Avoid Holiday Auto Car Hire due to them conning us out of 100 euros at the airport for fuel!!)
To conclude, our stay was outstanding & by far the most superior hotel experience we've had so far. We were sad to leave & wished we were staying 10/11 nights. We cannot recommend Port Royal enough...I promise you won't be disappointed if our experience is anything to go by!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa offers exceptional service, elegant restaurants with delicious dishes, atmospheric bars and an inviting spa area for pure relaxation. The hotel's rooms and suites are comfortable and stylishly decorated, and if you want an active holiday, you can work out in the fitness room or take part in one of the activities arranged by our hosts. The beachfront location and idyllic setting amidst olive trees combined with the hotel's discrete luxury and authentic quality will ensure you have a pleasant and enjoyable holiday in a relaxed atmosphere. Pleas note, this hotel has an age limit of 16 years. The SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa has 202 tastefully furnished rooms in different categories. Bungalow sea view suites, superior bungalow sea view suites and bungalow beach front suites with private pool have a bedroom with a double bed and a living room. The beach front Presidential Suite has two bedrooms and a living room. Beachfront suites and Presidential suite have terrace with sun loungers and a private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensimar Port Royal Villas Hotel Kolimbia
- Sensimar Port Royal Villas And Spa
- Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes, Greece