We travelled using Thomas Cook and we would not recommend them to anyone, but I'll go into that later.
We arrived at 5.00am so our first evening was short to say the least. As others have commented, cheese, meats and wine were available in the room when we arrived, although we weren't particularly in the mood to eat at that time, sleep being our preference.
Overall, the hotel is fantastic, plenty of sun beds, although throwing a towel on them before breakfast is the norm, but we found that there were always some available no matter what the time. Towels were available free if charge and there is enough room around the sun beds for you to move them to ensure you get plenty of sun. Food was great, and plenty of choice. Breakfast runs till 10am and all inclusive then follows on till 11pm, if you have chosen this option. Board basis is controlled by being asked for your room number rather than wearing different coloured bands.
Entertainment was decent too, with pleasant music playing in the evenings somewhere on the resort. The music from neighbouring hotels was no where near as intrusive as other reviewers had suggested but this may be down to wind direction. We had a sea view room on a third floor and even though it was not on the beachfront it did what it said in the tin. Looking back on it we think that we preferred having it away from the beachfront as a ground floor sea view did not offer any privacy at all.
The only issue we did have was the air con. When we arrived there was a constant noise coming from the unit, a mix between crickets and a canary, but louder. We did inform reception immediately on day 2, but after them trying to fix it 4 times, it was never resolved. There was no offer to move us to another room so 7 nights of not perfect sleep was endured. Room 2212.
Kolimbia, for us, was a real disappointment, and after venturing out of the hotel twice decided to just relax by the pool. Kolimbia was a short street full of cheap restaurants, bars, tacky shop, car hire, half finished buildings, closed down stores, fake watches and bags and not much else. We tried the beach once, far too crowded, the sand is course, dark and hot although the water is clear.
If I was to rate the holiday it would be
Surrounding area 1
Travel agent 2
Would I return again? For the hotel, yes, without a doubt, everything else, no.
Thomas Cook, very poor. We paid £5 for priority luggage collection which then took over an hour when we arrived. We were taken to our hotel by coach, the second drop off being a 30 minute detour to drop of the reps, not ideal when it's 4am. The reps should be the last to leave the coach, not the second. The flight was delayed by 2 hours due to operational reasons, but no refreshments were offered on or off the plane, not even water. The plane must have been old, with old fashioned cathode ray tube tv's and a horribly sticky carpet, far worse than I'd experienced in any pub. Reps didn't seem bothered and were more interested in themselves.
Beware the Rhodes airport, not a lot to do, duty free is the only air con area and the toilets were disgusting, urinals were all broken, and none if the toilets had seats and the contents were even worse.
Thank you Port Royal for making the holiday so special and relaxing by day, Thomas Cook and Kolimbia, now that's a different story.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa offers exceptional service, elegant restaurants with delicious dishes, atmospheric bars and an inviting spa area for pure relaxation. The hotel's rooms and suites are comfortable and stylishly decorated, and if you want an active holiday, you can work out in the fitness room or take part in one of the activities arranged by our hosts. The beachfront location and idyllic setting amidst olive trees combined with the hotel's discrete luxury and authentic quality will ensure you have a pleasant and enjoyable holiday in a relaxed atmosphere. Pleas note, this hotel has an age limit of 16 years. The SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa has 202 tastefully furnished rooms in different categories. Bungalow sea view suites, superior bungalow sea view suites and bungalow beach front suites with private pool have a bedroom with a double bed and a living room. The beach front Presidential Suite has two bedrooms and a living room. Beachfront suites and Presidential suite have terrace with sun loungers and a private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensimar Port Royal Villas Hotel Kolimbia
- Sensimar Port Royal Villas And Spa
- Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes, Greece