Travelled with missus and 2 kids: 6&4 yrs, and also with our friends who had 2 kids 6&8 yrs.
We had all been to the Turkey HV, so we booked the Rhodes HV on the back of this.
We stayed in block 2500 of the activity side in a family room with two queen beds.
The standard of the accommodation and facilities overall is very good. I'm not quite sure why it deserves 5* in comparison with the other 4* HV's but maybe a future review will enlighten me.
The food is simply amazing at every meal. The varied choice and quality never failed to satisfy any of our party.
You are greeted in the restaurant with a smile and shown to your table on every visit.
The staff in the HV were all great and had a good attitude towards the customers.
The kids water park and clubs were all fantastic.
The rooms were of contemporary design and spacious. The bathroom was good as it also had a separate shower cubicle which was convenient.
There's not a lot more to say really, as the place is that good!
Please ignore some of the pathetic moans on some reviews and don't let them put you off in any way. People that fail to enjoy this place should not be going on holiday as nothing will ever please them.
Its also worth noting a few points..
These are not intended as moans, but are just to give you a true picture because after all, perfection is not possible.
1) If your booking a swim up room, many of them were in the shade for most of the day on both sides of the complex (unless you're ok with that of course) and their occupants had to get sunbeds in more communal areas of the pools to get the sun all day.
2) Talking of sunbeds, we had to wake early to get beds of our choice. Sometimes as early as 6am. Not really sure how the hotel can regulate this better. The hotels policy is that beds are not to be reserved before 8am, and staff will remove any unoccupied towels before 8am. So, what people were doing is going out before 8am and just occupying them!! Our neighbour reserved his from before 6am every morning!
This meant we too had to wake v early to have a chance of getting beds in a location of our choice.
3) If you want a safety deposit box for a fortnight you need to pack an extra €35 as they are not included in the price.
4) There were also a number of brainless idiots drinking round the pool out of glasses (instead of the card/plastic cups provides for around the pool areas) which was insane with young children running around the place. We told staff 4 times but nothing changed while we were there despite 2 breakages. I hope they get this sorted by the time you visit.
My mate and I hiked up and down the adjacent 350 mtr 'tsambika' mountain. There is a monastery and cafe at the summit. The views there are simply breathtaking. Please try to tackle it if you get chance, it's one of the highlights of the locality.
Not forgetting a fabulous trip to Rhodes town which was only €3.50 on the local bus.
Overall we had a great time and would recommend in an instant :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Village Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Village Rhodes Hotel Kolimbia
- Holiday Village Rhodes Greece