“Outstanding”

Holiday Village Rhodes
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Kolimbia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Wow is all I can say! To those checking trip advisor every day before they come, Relax and don't worry.. You will have a truly wonderful holiday! From start to finish everything was perfect! First choice staff work their socks off.. And the greek staff are amazing! Food brilliant, rooms great (ESP swim up relax) pools good, facilities amazing, the list is endless! Weather was very hot but made bearable by the lovely breeze in the evenings. My kids of 8 and 5 used the kids club every night which they really enjoyed a different theme every night! Any questions I'd be happy to answer! Seriously I didn't meet one single family that wasn't happy while there!!

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank Mrscooketoyou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Holiday Village Rhodes was recomended to us by friends. We travelled as 3 families and had a fantastic time. The staff from reception to Kids Club Reps are just amazing,.! I have never seen such energy in hotel staff ever.
We had a Swim-Up room on the seperate activity pool - room 2204 gorgeous. Right on the doorstep of all the activity and restaurants yet quiet enough to relax day or evening.
Our friends had a Swin Up in Relax side 5504 and 5702 both fabulous rooms too.
Relax area has the advantage of swim-up pool bar etc. however the walk over to the restaurant for every meal and the activites, waterpark etc wasn't always welcomed.
I would be happy to stay anywhere on the complex. Activity or Relax area.

Kids clubs were amazing too, our 4yr old and 7yr old had such fun with Rachel 'Mash Potato' , Leanne, Rosie, Ross Lucy to name a few.. the whole team were excellent thankyou to you all.
Our son 7 - did some amazing activities - snorkelling, archery, canoeing and of course the high wire ropes - his confidence grew with every one, a great way to experience new sports or activities in one place.
Our 4yr old loved the reps in 'Little Stars' doing some lovely activities suitable for their age group.
The chocolate party and movie night were the highlight for all the kids great evening fun..

The activity pool was always fun with the 'chocolatte' and 'I 5 Live' dances - you just have to join in - its fab...lots going on through the day - but never in your face. The variety of activities for kids and adults throughout the day kept the balance just right.

I normally go 'stir-crazy' in one place but can honestly say didn't feel the need to leave the resort - but if you do - the local bus service is great 3.5euro to Rhodes Town ensured we saw a bit of the island which kept me sane..better than the 56euro charged for the tour operators version! Do-it-yourself was more fun too. Jump on the bus to the sandy beach too or walk 5 mins to the pebble beach where the sea was warmer than the pools..gorgeous.

I was dreading the 'butlins in the sun' entertainment that I'd previously read - utter rubbish!! The bingo was fab and was early so you need never see it your choice. I'd have liked it better if we ever won the 190euro Fullhouse that some did but hey you can't have it all..

Evening Entertainment stars - Shep and Sean - HVRhodes version of Ant n Dec were great - kept the kids amused all day and early evening, then took u through the night for the adult shows. Some said certain acts were boring/repetative - to be honest 14 nights of going out is boring when you're used to once a month at home with the kids - its All Included what more can you ask for....I'd give them 15 out of 10 for sheer energy and stamina alone. Well done guys...*****

The restaurants were lovely the main buffet was fantastic best we've ever had AI. Great choice and quality, never waited for tables or food at any sitting. The staff were attentive, friendly and fun making you feel really welcome. Visit the Greek and Italians too. lovely atmosphere and excellent service in the Greek and lovely to have full waiter service twice a week as an option.

Now for the 'constructive' feedback - not complaints - enjoyed it too much to do that.
Sunbeds on activity area were limited the weeks we were there - moving some over from Relax side would've helped as alot. As alot of the relax families stayed all day in activity side which makes sense.
Late Manchester flight - cost 90euros extra to keep our room until 2am - with small chidren this should be discussed at time of booking - come on FirstChoice if a family is paying around £4500 another £90 at time of sale will be much better than a shock when you are on your holidays. Plus the poor hotel staff are left to deal with the backlash.. totally unfair to spoil the 5 star experience at that stage. Its not the hotel's issue our contract is with FirstChoice.

We will def be coming back to Holiday Village Rhodes - please keep the maintenance up and the standards as they are and I'm sure it will be a resort full of repeat customers for years to come.

Thanks to ALL the team a thoroughly great holiday......xx

Room Tip: Swim-ups are amazing - activity side 2204 - quiet pool - yet close enough to all the fun. 3305 is gr...
3 Thank finches4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We are returning home as we speak with our 3.5 year and 18 month old children after a week in a luxury family room in the Delux area.

This was simply the best family holiday you can imagine. Although every aspect of the facilities we used were of the highest quality I would probably not recommend unless you are bringing children - this is not a couples resort.

I cannot tell you anything about the surrounding area as we never set foot outside the Hotel!
As we suddenly pulled up at the main entrance on our arrival we were a little nervous as the immediate area is not what you would call 'pretty' (our usual destinations being Sardinia and South of France) however once inside the resort, the surrounding mountain range make a fantastic back drop as you relax by the many, many, many pools. You cannot see the immediate surrounding area from anywhere inside the resort and only the crescent shaped mountain ranges rising into the bright blue skies.

Although there is a massive choice of small eateries around the resort we stuck with the main buffet every evening. There is everything you can imagine to eat and although maybe Gordon Ramsey may raise an eyebrow at some of the selection, kids are not going to eat caviar or the like anyway. We never ate the same dish twice all week. Breakfasts were enjoyed in the private morning resteraunt for Delux guests and again there was everything you could want or imagine to eat.

We split our day time between the Delux pool (which was probably the cleanest pool I have seen in my life) and the Splash Park over in the communal area. I and other Dads enjoyed the two kamikaze slides (my wife is still searching for parts of her bikini....) There were slides just for toddlers and some for bigger kids. There are a few comments here where parents moaned that small kids were not allowed on the big slides (probably the same parents that let their kids run wild all day and expect the life guards to take care of them.....)

We opted for a 2nd floor bedroom rather than swim up, partly due to saving a few pennies but mainly due to our 18 month old being somewhat of an escapologist - however on arrival we did see safety gates in front of all swim up rooms. To be honest though we only had to walk down 11 steps and we were poolside anyway... Not once did we struggle for 4 sun beds together and luckily the resort has a policy of no sun bed reserving early in the morning.

I think the benefit of the Delux rooms for us being the TV / DVD in the kids half of the room, when they woke at 7am I flicked on the Peppa Pig DVD's and this gave us an extra half hours peace! The room divide is only a divide and not a solid wall, but did its job

Lastly the staff at breakfast / dinner were out of this world. They are all either paid very well or just love their jobs. Little touches like 'high 5ing' the kids as they came into the resteraunt and how they remember their names is beyond me.

Shep and Sean who run the evening i 5 Live probably made the holiday for me - they were so, so funny (on a parents level as well), imagine SMTV from a few years back, on stage, live and with Shep and Sean who could run rings around Ant & Dec.

Fairwell HV Rhodes if only for 6 months.

We are going to book exactly the same next year but give May a try.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank RobboB16
Carnoustie, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I would just like to say on behalf of my husband and I (and our little boy) how great a time we had at the Holiday Village - all of the hotel staff were so friendly efficient and it just made the Holiday Village a lovely and safe environment for a fantastic holiday. Everything from the dining, entertainment and fun for all ages was just right! The size of the complex is just right and just has something for everyone.

The location is great - really beautiful and not long to the lovely places like Lindos and Rhodes Town.

Thank you to Thomson and First Choice for a wonderful holiday and I have already been recommending this as a great family hotel to friends and family.

See you next year!!!!

4 Thank MCM30
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

What a fabulous holiday, everything was just perfect. Food was amazing so much choice, you were spoilt.
Hotel very clean.
Entertainment spot on especially Shep and Shawn, they r amazing.
Pools so much choice and big, clean, well maintained, plenty of space. Slides great, even hubby enjoyed these. Lazy river bliss
Usual Brits up at crack of Dawn for a sun bed, but no need these were plentiful.
Beach is pebbles, so be warned, however for 13 euros you can get a cab to tsambika beach. Which is sandy and idealic.
Kids club great, loads of variety and activities for all ages, kids had a whale of a time. So did we!
Would def go back. Great place all round

• Stayed August 2011
Brize Norton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here for the last two weeks in August 2011 with my family (2 adults and 2 children) Amazing treatment from the moment you get off the coach. The local staff are very friendly and polite the first choice staff from the reps to the entertainment team are very approachable and always smiling they can not do enough for you, the kids clubs run every day with lots of different activities and the staff again are second to none.
The choice of food available is fab and I miss it now.... I would definatley go back here again 5*

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I went with my 2yr old and 5 yr old and we had a great time!! Plenty of activities for the kids with kids clubs running most of the day and creche for under 3's - you are really made to feel at ease with the kids clubs and didnt once feel uneasy about leaving them there, it's really well organised and the staff are great, my 5 yr old loved it. Plenty to do around the resort as well and the entertaiment staff work day and night. I was a bit nervous about the food as I had the impression of a crowded food hall and it couldn't have been further from my thoughts - while it is a buffet hall, there is too much options, lots of space and I didn't queue once, granted I was there in july. there is also 2 other restaurants that are a nice change to sit and have dinner served. We had a swim up room which I thoroughly recommend and there was a safety gate. We didnt manage to get a family room and had a standard room which was ample enough but obviously the children are sleeping in with you so would rather get a family room if available. The ground floor rooms were really nice and accesible but there are rooms on higher l evels that i wouldnt recommend as the others are so nice, you would want to have easier access to activities. A great great holiday that I couldnt recommend enough,

Room Tip: swim up rooms based ground level
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank lindsaythornhill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa
SunConnect Kolymbia Star
SunConnect Kolymbia Star
#6 of 33 in Kolimbia
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Been to Holiday Village Rhodes? Share your experiences!