“Fantastic! Some improvements needed to make it perfect!”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Some improvements needed to make it perfect!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We booked 7 weeks before travelling and stayed here 7th May to 14th May, myself, my partner and my 5yr old daughter, we got a fantastic deal with a free child place only cost £1,200 for a Family Double on Activity side, so we were over the moon with this! Ok, this is going to be long but I want to be thorough here goes…

Travelling:-

Check in at Gatwick was spot on, we got to airport early and checked in straight away no problems, and without paying the ridiculous amount they charge you we were all sat together (for future reference it is not worth paying the extra charge at time of booking, if you have children under the age of 13 they HAVE to sit all the party together), flight was on time, good flight.

Arrival at Airport:-

This part I despised, the chaos once we got out of Rhodes Airport was ridiculous, nobody knew where to go, the Reps did not make themselves clearly known and when they did there were lots of coaches and only 1 person with a clipboard of information!!!! We were told to queue to find out which coach we should go on, really why we were queuing was to be given the information about tomorrows “meeting” at the hotel, well why the heck couldn’t reception give that to us on check in??!! Because of this by the time we finally found out which coach we were on it was FULL, my 5yr old had to sit on my lap and partner sitting away from us at the front, one chap actually moved and put his son on his lap just so we could get a seat, I mean this is all you need after all that travelling, not to mention unsafe that the children have to sit on our laps!!! The transfer itself was quick thank goodness however it took a while to set off because two people had neglected to tell the Rep they’d decided to take a taxi, although I don’t blame them for doing so, wish I had!

Arrival at Hotel:-

Fantastic! Check in was quick and simple and the staff were extremely helpful, we decided to take our own bags straight to our room (I like to have them there and then and not wait for someone to bring them, just me!) plus our room was not far away, room 3504 on Activity side. So we dropped our bags off, and then went to the main restaurant where a small buffet had been laid out for us and we received our wrist bands as well.

Room:-
(3504, Ground Floor, Double Family Room with Sliding door)

WOW! Absolutely fabulous, perfect location in the hotel, close to EVERYTHING, who needed a swim up room, it was literally 5 steps from our terrace to the pool! Highly recommend this room, we would get practically all the sun from 1pm onwards which was ideal when my daughter wanted a rest in the afternoon as I could sit out on terrace and continue to tan!! It was very clean with everything you need, lots of drawers and closet space which is a must for me! Hairdryer, fridge, kettle, (Tip: take your own tea/coffee as you only get 1 lot from hotel then they charge you for more, you can get some milk from restaurant and keep it in fridge!). Terrace is huge and we could actually step down from it and use the sun beds right outside our room, which was great cos we could use our room toilet if required. Maid came every day and did a great job, even arranging pillows prettily and folding my daughters nightie! Beds were so comfy, nice bedding and pillows and the air con worked like a dream. Bathroom was great with lovely rainfall shower, also a bath with another shower attached, great size too.

Pool/Water Park:-

Fabulous! I have to say I just love the layout of this hotel, the fact each annex building has its own pool and all the rooms surround it is such a great idea and there was NO reserving of sunbeds whatsoever that I saw, we literally got up when we wanted, went for breakfast, came back and there were always beds available! I think people tended to stick to the pool near their room, it makes sense, we just loved the location of our room so stayed there most of the time. We ventured to the Water Park every so often, this was great, my daughter loved the lazy river and the pirate ship! Yes the pools are cold, but it didn’t bother my daughter whatsoever, once she got in, she was in and I had to literally tear her away! When it wasn’t so hot on a couple of days she didn’t stay in quite so long. I personally don’t swim a lot anyway whilst on holiday but I have to say it was cold when you first got in but then you soon forget about it. The pools always seemed clean and never overcrowded in or around.

Kids Club

My daughter did one session in the morning, which she enjoyed, the staff are great! She also on the Sunday night at 7:30pm went to the Chocolate Party (5 Euros), which she enjoyed! This also meant that my partner and I got to have dinner just the two of us for one evening, we scheduled one of our a la carte meals for that night at 8pm so we sat and had dinner then picked her up at 9pm, perfect!

Entertainment

We thought the Reps were brilliant!! Particularly Rodger (with a D), Keith and G! They all work so hard day and night and there is always something going on! The evening entertainment we thought was great, something for everyone, my daughter loved i5Live and the Widgets! Russell the Brussell is great, and they’re all great at putting in some adult humour in the show! Bingo is a little bit tedious and then after that there is a music from local acts, opera singers, The Drifters tribute band who were great, when these came on my daughter tended to be a bit tired so we would go back to the room, put her to bed, take some drinks back with us and sit on the terrace listening to the music. There were a couple of days where it rained on and off so unfortunately they had to do the entertainment indoors in the cinema room which wasn’t ideal but they did their best.

Food/Drink:-

All the people moaning there is no variety in main restaurant, I’m sorry but I just don’t understand why!! There is so much choice, for breakfast there is fresh waffles, pancakes, eggs, omelettes, bacon, sausage, beans, ok so its probably not the best quality sausage or bacon but for an all inclusive catering for hundreds you cannot expect Michellin star quality food!!! There is so much fresh show cooking food, different every night, there is a special kids section too, icecream for dessert. The best night was the Asian/Chinese themed night, fantastic, spring rolls, chicken satay, even crispy duck with pancakes…delicious!! Yes it can get busy, we would usually get there at 6:30pm when it opened which was ideal and not manic, apart from the days when people going home were waiting for their transfer to airport but this wasn’t every day, (maybe an earlier specific timed dinner for transfer people would be a good idea to stop the crowds!) Basically just avoid peak times which tends to be before i5Live starts at 8pm. So around 7/7:30pm. I have to say though, I’ve been to a few All Inclusives and I have to say this is the least chaotic at food times, because it is mainly British guests and everyone was a lot more courteous, waited their turn, even offer you go first…I’ve stayed other places where other nationalities literally push you out of the way!! So for me this was a nice change.
The Snack Bar:- not great to be honest, it was repetitive and the burgers were not good at all, handy for a quick snack later in afternoon in terms of a bag of chips but that’s about it, they had salads and sandwiches there too but not the best, much nicer to eat in the main restaurant for lunch definitely!
The A La Carte Restaurants:- you have to queue up in the morning from 10am in reception to book in, you’re allowed one visit to each, my partner did this and took the only times/days they had, which were our last two nights 8pm for Greek and 8:45pm for Italian, we just took them, and used the Greek for when my daughter did the Chocolate party. Now I know a la carte restaurants in All Inclusive, unless you are paying for them are never going to be much different than the buffet food, I expect it, it’s just nice to be waited on for a change, that’s the main reason we go to them:
The Greek Steakhouse:- I find it very strange its called this when there is no steak on the menu lol. The staff were fantastic, it had rained that afternoon so we had to sit just in front of the Sports bar under cover as the rain had leaked all through the roof of the restaurant itself, still, we didn’t let it spoil it and they did their best to keep it dry and pleasurable for us. You order a Main and Dessert and get given a selection of starters…and what a selection, you get soooo many dishes and most of them were really tasty, particularly the Moussaka! For main I had the chicken and my partner had the mixed grill, was ok. The dessert, oh my, best bit by far, chocolate pudding, delicious!! We were both stuffed by the end of it!
The Italian:- Again, due to rain we couldn’t eat in usual restaurant which is near main pool so we had a closed off section of the main restaurant instead, which was fine because we didn’t eat until 8:45pm so there was hardly anyone in restaurant. Good service. Nice bread to start off with, little bowl of soup (bit salty), for starter we had bruschetta and mussels, both of which came out cold, the mussels inedible!! For main my daughter had chicken from the child’s section of menu, and my partner and I had the steak with rocket salad, was again, ok, but that’s all really, as I say, was mainly just nice for a change and to be waited on and not have to go up and get the dinner yourself.

Another nice touch is that ice-cream is available all day and even popcorn in the evenings!! Drink wise, yes its cheap alcohol but again what do you expect from an All Inclusive, it’s the same wherever you go, at least you get cocktails here, and they’re nice too, particularly the Rhodes Sunset! The wine though, yuck, red wine is undrinkable, but again I’m not expecting Chateauneuf du pape with the price we paid! The sparkling wine is your best bet!

Location/Surroundings:-

We would usually spend the afternoon at the local beach, which is literally 5 minutes walk, it is a bit stoney and my daughter needed to wear water shoes, but we loved it there, nice and quiet, the sea is so clear, my partner did lots of snorkelling and it’s a lovely setting with the mountains surrounding you! If you walk a bit further up there is a sandier part of the beach which is near the Atlantica Aegean Blue.
Kolymbia itself is a nice little down (bit run down in places), but there are lots of shops, which are much cheaper than the hotel one if you wanted water/snacks/lilos!

Because we were slightly unlucky with the weather we only took one trip to Rhodes Town, we took the bus (timetables available from reception) which was only 7 Euros each way for all of us, took about 40 minutes and the bus stop is literally around the corner from the hotel and it drops you off in front of the old castle. From what we saw Rhodes was a lovely town, the old town part in particular, lots of shops, lovely old buildings and ruins, we stopped off in a lovely little café when we got caught in the rain for a lovely coffee, beer and freshly pizza for my daughter!

Ok, one thing I need to cover…a group of people who happened to be staying there whilst we were there, well, our last two days anyway, I think a lot of the recent reviews have mentioned them. All I can say is, these people should not have been allowed to continue their holiday, their behaviour was completely inappropriate particularly for a FAMILY resort, and although the hotel is not in control of who books to stay there, they should certainly have been dealt with better, given warnings and even thrown out in my opinion, they were loud, drunk most of the time, showed no respect for others, fights occurred in front of children, not what you want to see at all. We just avoided them and luckily didn’t see them that much, although I’ve spoken to other guests who were not so lucky. At the end of the day though we didn’t let it spoil our holiday, we wouldn’t let it. I am a firm believer that a holiday is what you make it and nobody is going to spoil it for me!

Travelling home:-

I don’t know why they insist on scheduling ridiculous night time flights, oh yes I know why so they hope people pay for a late check out for example £110 euros to keep your room until 6pm, our transfer was 7:15pm, this is a downright cheek and blatantly an excuse to get more money out of you! So we had to endure a horrendous flight at 11pm arriving at 1am in London just so they can get extra money for late check outs, awful, later check out should be included or the flight times changed to a reasonable time! We checked out of our room at 12pm, left baggage with reception and continued our day around the pool until transfer and changed for flight in toilets in reception, wasn’t going to give them a penny out of principal! The Check In at Rhodes Airport was long!! And the wait for the flight boring, there's literally one shop and one place to get drink/food! Flight home wasn’t great, again because of the lateness there were lots of overtired grumpy children (and adults!) lol, but that’s to be expected when First Choice decide to provide only late night flights!

Other improvements:-

- Firstly, bottled water!!! I’m sorry but this in my opinion is an absolute must at an All Inclusive! Last year in Turkey we had huge fridges full of bottles everywhere, the fridge in our room was replenished with water daily but here…NOTHING! You are expected to buy a big bottle from the shop and continuously fill it up from the machine, not only is this inconvenient and just down right cheeky to expect us to do that, it causes more queuing at meal times with people filling up!! And giving the excuse its because they are trying to be “eco friendly” is rubbish! If they were so concerned about that they would have recycling bins everywhere and not leave the pool lights and other unnecessary lights on around the resorts full time! Even during the day!
- Secondly, transfer, this seriously needs better organisation!! Clearer instructions and give us information when we get to the hotel, just let us get on the coach for goodness sake!!
- Be better prepared for the weather! The hotel is definitely only built for the summer, whoever designed it thought it was a good idea to put holes in the roof of the buildings, this should be changed to avoid the flooding that occurred during all the rain! The staff did what they could but it was dangerous, as the floors were so slippery, I saw several children slipping over!
- Snack Bar needs looking at for certain! And need drinkable red wine too!

One major plus was the FREE WIFI, you get the code from reception and it works EVERYWHERE in the hotel, the room, poolside and it was great, the only place it was slightly slow was near the stage/entertainment area!

So, overall we had a fantastic holiday, (even though it rained a bit) and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, the improvements above would make it ideal! The hotel itself is fab with a great layout, beautiful setting surrounded by mountains, finished to a very high standard and above all very clean! Thanks for the memories HV Rhodes!

Room Tip: If staying in Activity Side, Room 3504 is the perfect location, close to everything and steps away f...
15 Thank Laura L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We return back home tomorrow after a weeks stay with my husband and two children aged 6 and 4. We have previously been to HV Cyprus so Rhodes had big boots to fill and unfortunately, it didnt quite do that. The first two days were raining and i felt that the hotel was not equipped for the bad weather. Evening entertainment was conducted in the cinema room which was far too small. The floors in the dining areas were flooded and very dangerous. The toilet facilities were not very clean and not enough seating / bar area during this raining period. My advise would be to have better provisions and entertainment in these circumstances.

Rooms
We stayed in the activity area and were so pleased we did. I really think that the delux and relax side should not cost extra. I personally dont see any advantage of being there other than its quiet...and boring if you have kids with you. We were in room 3501. Brilliant spot. Our balcony opened up to the main pool. Would def recommend this room. We had a partition wall and a lovely big bathroom with a rainforest shower and a separate bath. Rooms cleaned daily.

Entertainment
Cheesy but my kids loved it. The reps were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Thanks guys, esp Myles, you all work very hard. My only suggestion would be to have more dancing in the evening.

Restaurant
Food was boring and repetitive. I asked several times for food to be labelled with vegetarian signs but it never happened. They did have a vegetarian corner for dinner time with four dishes but none of the salads were labelled so i avoided eating them. A small change of added V sign to all labels would have really made a difference to our dining experience. On a positive note, the chef asked me for advise on suitable vegetarian dishes that i could recommend as he was aware of my dissatisfaction and he wanted to improve things....i hope changes are implemented.

Pools
Lovely range of pools. The splash park although not as big as the one in Cyprus, is still really nice. The main advantage this resort has to the Cyprus one is that it has a heated outdoor pool. We mainly used this pool and the kids lovely it.

Highropes were fab. My 6 yr old also had a go. Def recommend.

Kids clubs were brill. Kids were happy being there and it gave us kids free time.

We hired a car for 33 euros from the main reception. The guy was really helpful and drew us a detailed map of where to go. We went to Rhodes old town. Def worth a visit. Stopped off at Falaraki beach on the way back.

Overall, we had a lovely stay. The reps, pools, kids club and rooms were all great. People were friendly and the resort was very nice. The only reason why i wouldnt come again would be due to the poor variation of food and the fact that you were isolated in the resort unless you took buses or taxis. If you've booked already to come here, you certainly wont be dissapointed...But if you havent booked, consider Cyprus.

4 Thank RKan
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed in the delux area. Rooms are modern and well equipped. Two notable issues, 1) mould in the bathroom, 2) no English TV (not great when you have two young kids and it rained half the time we were here).

Clubhouse restaurant in the delux area provides pretty good'ish food, although wouldn't call it 5 star by any stretch of the imagination.

Amenities for kids outdoors is great. Our 4yr old son loved the kids club. We didn't leave our daughter in the crèche as she is not old enough to tell us if she didn't like it.

Only thing that let the hotel we're the clientele. To be honest, I'm surprised at the cost. I'm not a snob by any means, but I didn't expect to be bringing my children on a 18-30's holiday. To be fair, the delux area was fine, but venture out and we were surrounded by all day drinking, swearing and fighting. Wouldn't have bothered me 10 years ago, but this hotel is marketed as a family hotel.

Staff were very friendly, particularly the guys in the clubhouse.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the delux area if you are a family and not into drinking non-stop.
3 Thank Dave S
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Agree with last few comments. A definite case of Brits abroad, thuggish behaviour, families sat at the bar virtually from breakfast time and still there at midnight. This can be quite intimidating for other families. Whilst this is not a fault with the hotel, I believe they should manage this better as a few groups ruined it for the majority. I was also surprised at the amount of school age children at the resort, as we purposely booked in term time thinking it would be quiter...this was not the case and assume this place is busy year round with people taking children out of school for a cheaper holiday.
The hotel is not set up for rainy weather. The main restaurant roof leaked massively, the floor was so slippery when carrying food. The positives are the staff are very good. The entertainment team made our sons holiday. Keith in particular is a gem and wish we could have bought him home to entertain our son every night. The whole team seem to work long hours, but are always full of enthusiasm. The rooms are clean as are the public areas. The pool is cold...painfully so. After 10 minutes my son had virtually turned blue and was shaking as he was so cold. This was our first visit to a HV, our first all inclusive as well. Would I return...with a few improvements and a tougher stance on 'problem' guests then I probably would.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brave new W
Nikos_Stamoulos, Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments, regarding your stay at Holiday Village Rhodes.

The behavior you outline in your review is not typical of that in Holiday Village Rhodes. We always ensure that any issues concerning large or loud groups, are addressed accordingly.

I am sorry that your stay with us, left you with concerns on this occasion.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and bringing this matter to my attention.

Bristol
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Well I'm still here on holiday at the moment and feel I have to write this review incase I forget some things but the time I get home.

Where to start? We booked a two week holiday here to celebrate two huge birthdays for both myself and my husband and also our ten year wedding anniversary. We had booked a different hotel but thomsons lost the contract so we had to re-book somewhere else and were advised by first choice that this was the best choice. Having looked through the brochure it looked stunning. As always I read trip advisor a d it seemed like this hotel would really be the place for us. How wrong was I???

We payed £4500 for 2 adults, 7 year old and 2 year old in a deluxe swim up room. WAY TO MUCH FOR WHAT IT IS!

When we collected our bags from the airport we went to the first choice/thomsons reps and were told which coach to get on. When we got to the coach there was no room left for us or the other 10 + guests who came after us. It took a good 20 minutes to sort it out but we eventually got in a nice air conditioned bus and off we went. It took about 45 minutes to transfer us so not to long. On arrival at the hotel it looked gorgeous. Off loaded our bags and as we checked in we were given a glass of sparkling wine (very sweet and not very nice but its the thought that counts) and orange juice for the kids. After check in we were given stickers to put on our cases and the porter took them to our room.

As requested we had a cot in our room and to our amazement we were given a room upgrade! (We had booked a room with no divide). This was great and a lovely surprise with a bottle of sparkling wine to and a fully stocked fridge with water, soft drinks, beer, milk, orange juice and crisps and pea nuts. Also we have a play station in the room. Don't bring controllers from home as they won't work. All started off really well.

As we are in the delux area we have use of the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and diner. We have eaten breakfast here every day and lunch most days. Apart from the evenings where we are at the Italian or Greek we have also eaten here in the evenings.

Food:
A la carte in the delux area:
Breakfast: was good with plenty of selection. Fried, poached eggs and omelettes to order.

Lunch: Was good to start with but very repetitive. Same salads, meat and cheese selections and some meat in sauce which sometimes you can't tell what meat it actually is. Some rice and chips but the bucket loaf. You can also have a hamburger, chop or some chicken from the grill.

Diner: is ok most nights. Our first night was awful. We waited 1 hour and 20 minutes for our main meal with two children and after complaining three times that we hadn't received them or some drinks we gave up, walked out and went across to the main buffet side. Also twice we have ordered chicken and it was raw in the middle and had to be sent back and it STILL came out raw.

Main buffet:
Lunch and dinner: only ever ate here three times but from what I could see it was very much the same food we had in the deluxe restaurant just in a huge help your self scale.

Italian: good was ok but far from Italian.

Greek: funnily enough its a steak house but I doesn't actually serve any steak. Food was ok but didn't feel it was authentic.

Snack bar: food is ok. You get what you see really.

Food advice:
- roast potatoes, oven baked potatoes, fried potatoes, fries and chips ALL MEAN CHIPS!!!!!

- if you are eating any meat dishes be prepared to get fat and gristle and all the bits that you maybe wouldn't eat in your meal. I've only ever once had a breat of chicken! Everything else is unrecognisable to be honest.

- if you like your English food then you will really enjoy your fry up breakfast, hamburger/pizza and chips for lunch and your roast beef dinner with chips for diner. It's a shame that when you travel to another country there most of the food on offer is from your own! Also meal times are horrendously noises and extremely stressful for everyone it would seem.

After being here a few days we realised that having one room key is just a nightmare. It just doesn't work for us but unfortunately you can't have two.

Kids club:
Super stars age 6-8:
- my daughter quite liked the clubs but after the first week decided that she would only go to the 2.30pm session as it was the only session that wasn't mixed with the younger 3-5 year group, she says it was very babyish otherwise. Please note that the clubs only every run for 1 hour 30 minutes at a time.

Crèche: 0-2 years:
Before arriving we had pre booked 9 day sessions (2 hours at a time)
And one evening session (either a Tuesday or Sunday evening 8pm-11pm). Our daughter got on fine the first 2 days then every day since we have had a phone call after 45 minutes because she won't settle. The only time we havnt had a phone call was during the evening session. Not much of a break though really when you have to keep picking them up early especially when you have paid for it. Being in the childcare proffession myself i don't think the parents I work with would be very keen on me calling them everyday after 45 minutes to come and collect their child.

Kids Club advice: crèche and kids club do not start and and finish at same time. One starts half an hour before the other and one finishes half an hour after the other. You are constantly clock watching the whole time your kids are there and checking your phone to see if you have any missed calls. Definatly not a relaxing time for parents! Staff however are great. Very friendly, full of energy, always rareing to go and always seem to be upbeat!

Entertainment:
The staff are great! Same as with kids club they are full of life. They work incredibly hard and over very long periods of time but unfortunately it shows sometimes and performances arnt always up to scratch. Evening entertainment i5live is the same EVERY EVENING. There is far to much talk and not enough music and dancing. It does feel a but like a glorified Butlins at times which is rather unfortunate I feel.

Reps: your go to people:
They are very lovely people and will do anything to help you however being on the delux side you will never see one unless you go over to the main reception on the activity side.

Rooms:
Our room was cleaned regularly during the first 5 days I'd say then its gone very downhill from there. Can't actually recall the last time our room was cleaned and truth be told we have not had our bedding changed for two weeks. I know this because I cut my foot a few days in and got a small spot of blood on the sheets. The sheets have been turned over and bed re made. We have had a note put through our door the past five days saying they have been unable to clean our room due to the fact the do not disturb light has been on. The reason for this is because we have a baby who sleeps between 2-5pm everyday and then we have showers etc to get ready for our evening. I would have thought that from 9am till 2pm would have been plenty of time to clean a room. I have now taken to using my own antibacterial wipes to clean the bathroom and surfaces. Not much or holiday I'd say. There is no toilet brush in the toilet either and you have to make sure the shower cubical base doesn't get to full with water otherwise you will have a full on swimming pool on the bathroom floor.

The Village itself:
On the surface and visually at a quick glance it looks very clean and well kept. Definately has a kind of wow factor. Gardeners are always cutting grass, trees and generally keeping everything neat and tidy. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing is to much trouble. Restaurant staff are very nice and love the kids unless they are crying or smashing plates. However on closer inspection its NOT as clean as you'd expect from a 5*. Fag butts EVERYWHERE! It's disgusting. All around the pool there are terracotta pots filled with sand which are used for ashtrays and I've seen many a kid playing in them whilst filled with fag ends! Fag ends in plastic cups left lying on tables and tobacco all over tables. Whilst in the pools the floors are very dirty with grit and stones and the amount of times I've had a plastic cup, soggy napkins or bags float past me is unreal. Definately NOT 5*. The pools are also freezing but once you get in providing the sun is out then they are ok.

Weather:
We have generally had really great weather but have unfortunately endured many a thunderstorm. The hotel simply cannot cope with rain at all. The Italian and mexican closed completely, and the main buffet restaurant and the a la carte on the deluxe side closed but half as mostly the tables are outside. This created a huge fuss. People queuing for over an hour to eat and of course all the entertainment was moved inside which was a nightmare. This lasted three days.

Due to the weather the outside enclosed sitting area in the deluxe area was shut off to guests as this was now the venue for weddings and their evening meals which meant there was nowhere for the family's to sit of an evening and have a quiet drink as the bar in that side is adults only. We did ask if they could change this for a few evenings due to the weather and were told NO! We were quite taken a back considering the adult only bar is used during the day for wedding parties and the children are allowed in then.

A lot of the people here have absolutely no respect for the staff or people round about them. They walk about like they own the place and they have superiority over everyone else. These people tend to be part of larger groups that are here for weddings (but not all of them). They are foul mouthed, totally bladdered ALL day to the point they can barely walk, shout their mouths off, smashing glasses due to drunkeness and they couldn't care less. They are a disgrace. I saw management telling them to move on one night because one of them had fallen asleep in the sports bar and their response was to slap the guy who had fallen asleep as hard as they could across the back until he woke up, get up and move in to reception and continue their antics. I have never been on a holiday with as many loud, foul mouthed people who don't seem to care that there are children around to witness their antics never mind their own children.

Would I recommend this holiday village to anyone? I guess if your idea of a great holiday is to be stressed out, rushing round, continually clock watching and eating chips and having cheesy entertainment with a bit of sun then yes I would but I know I certainly wouldn't recommend it to my friends and I certainly wouldn't return myself. I feel like I've been completely miss sold my well deserved holiday and ended up a bystander to the Jeremy Kyle (vile) show live edition village!

I would certainly not recommend the deluxe side as you pay so much more for absolutely nothing as you have to go over to the activity side for EVERYTHING! There is nothing to see, no poolside quizzes, no sight of first choice reps, entertainment or anything. The only thing you will definately see is wedding parties in the adults only bar and yes you will have to endure their choice of music playlist which can be ok occasionally but bloody horrendous on others.

This is definately not a 5* holiday and price wise it is a complete rip off!

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank NicolaBristol
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Village Rhodes.

I am sorry that your stay was affected by other guests in the hotel. As soon as any disturbances are reported, we ensure this is addressed immediately. It is our main priority to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay.

Your feedback has been noted and thank you for taking the time to provide this.

Papworth Everard, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

i travelled with a big group of friends for a wedding, there were endless problems with most of the groups rooms ie. jacuzzi in swim up not working, key cards not working, blood on sheets, leaks here there and everywhere. all of these things were complained about several times and either took a number of days to be sorted or just weren't sorted at all.
the restaurant was far too small in the activity area and we found ourselves in a massive queue every night and was outside so when it rained it flooded people were falling and slipping constantly. the food was ok some nights and not others got a bit bored of eating mostly all the same every night.

on the plus side all the staff were very friendly worked so hard to do the best they could for everyone in the restaurant, evening entertainment and kids clubs.

there were a good variety of drinks available all day until mid-night after that you had to pay until 1am when the bar closed.

overall this hotel was average there were good things and bad things and i would definitely not rate it a 5*, wouldn't book again

Room Tip: activity is good for children as everything is right there. but relax is best for views pool and th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to feed back about your holiday with us in Holiday Village Rhodes.

Unfortunately unforeseen rain can sometimes cause issues. We always ensure that action is taken immediately with any water hazards, to ensure guest safety.

Your feedback is valued and thank you for providing it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed in a 'Deluxe' area, a family of 4 with 2 kids under 9.
Very nice room, with a separate area for kids with PlayStation (€5 a game if you wish to rent it).
Swim up facility is also great and very convenient, especially if you are staying with the kids.

Food - Deluxe guests have an access to a separate a-la carte restaurant, which was great. The waiters were very good although a bit disorganised as times, which we put down to Greek style of life. Food in general was really good with excellent choice.

Entertainment - well, this was Batlins as some people compare. A kind of college Talent show. We spent our time in the Sports bar, playing cards - there was nothing else to do during this time. There was an adult only bar that had a 'grown' up entertainment such as bands etc. However, having the kids with us, we were not allowed there...

Separate note about the Reps… Although we understand the reason for some people working as a Rep on holiday destinations, still some basic training for Customer Care is definitely needed. We were looked after by Craig (First Choice Rep), who messed up our booking for a Boat trip. Having woken up at 6am to catch a bus, we waited for an hour only to be told that instead of Thursday, our trip was booked for Monday gone... Every human makes mistakes of course, but what frustrated us is that there was not apology at all and machine (???) was blamed for the mistake. The rest of the day was spent chasing him for our money back. BTW: the Reps Manager is not customer facing (??!!!) therefore you can imagine what to expect if you have encountered a problem...

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PinkPanther33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
SunConnect Kolymbia Star
SunConnect Kolymbia Star
#6 of 34 in Kolimbia
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas

Been to Holiday Village Rhodes? Share your experiences!