Holiday Village Rhodes
US$123
US$106
US$423
  • Breakfast included
Delfinia Resort Hotel(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$92
Kolymbia Beach Hotel(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hotel Anavadia(Kolimbia)
US$132
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,465 results
All reviewsdeluxe arearelax areaactivity areafirst choicehigh ropesfootball academydeluxe sideswim up roomkids clublazy riveradult barsports bardeluxe poolswim academyswimming lessonswater parkevening entertainment
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Village Rhodes from 7 May for one week with my partner and our 4 year son.

We booked a Villa, which is located in the Deluxe area of the complex, deluxe has it's own reception and restaurant area dedicated to deluxe guests, but you can also use all the facilities of the rest of hotel.

The room was kept spotless by an efficient maid and the overall cleanness of the resort is very good.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the staff were fantastic. Two in particular stand out, George who is one of the management team took the time to chat with us every day, remembered our son's name from day one and generally made us valued. His English is amazing and his customer facing skills first class. Another George manages the deluxe restaurant again nothing was too much trouble for him, his team are excellent espeically his omelette chef, who makes you feel very welcome at breakfast.

The villa was great, with it's own pool - very chilly water. Nice big comfy bed, two TV's, great sunbathing area in garden, if I am being picky bathroom was little less than i expected, shower not over powerful and the bathroom door didn't shut properly, but if that's the most negative thing along with games room I can think of then I think shows what a good place this is.

The pools are fantastic, lots of sunbeds and choices. Bar staff efficient and friendly, evening entertainment good, especially for the kids.

Main buffet restaurant great selection of foods. We also went to the specialist Mexican which was also very good. In Deluxe restaurant lunch and dinner are ordered from a menu, breakfast is a buffet with cooking station for Omlettes etc.

The indoor games area is a little shabby and needs to be bigger but again not a major problem.

Kids club is great, our lad went once per day, staff friendly and risk aware.

Overall,I would recommend the HV Rhodes to anyone. we will be back :)

Room Tip: All areas look great, but the Villa option or swim up rooms nice for that extra luxury
4  Thank paulh_reading
Thomas M, Operations Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your 5 star review, we are so pleased to hear that you had a Fantastic holiday, we hope to see you all again very soon.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Village and I have to say we had a thoroughly good time. This is the third First Choice Village we have been too and out of the 3, I would say for many reasons this is the best so far. Unfortunately, even though I say it is the best we've been too, I don't think it warrants a 5* sadly. I could "nit pick" but I won't because at the end of the day, it would be petty. My main issue was the restaurant where I found it very busy and many times the glasses and mugs ran out very quickly and when returned, some were often quite dirty, as were some of the plates. Holiday Village Viva (that is no more!) and Holiday Village Majorcia both had/have lovely large, spacious and bright restaurants, which this hotel very much lacks. I would though like to mention the hardworking staff in the restuarant who worked tirelessly clearing up after everyone, and that is no mean feat...they work their socks off for very little thanks! The Maitre D and his staff who greeted us every morning and evening couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful...high fives to the girls and nothing too much trouble, they always had a smile on their faces! The chef's done a cracking job with the food aswell, cooking some lovely speciality meals every evening.

My other gripe was the outside bar by the main stage looked dirty as did the surrounding floor area. The toilets got messy and smelly, but again, they were cleaned constantly and the cleaners can't help it if the hotel guests abuse the facilities by leaving it in such a bad way!

Unfortunately our daughter succumbed to the sickness and stomach bug that went around the complex, but thankfully it was short lived and we didn't need to seek medical help or advice, we just kept her out of the way until she was well. I guess it's a common problem in a complex but I don't think the hotel can be blamed for this spreading, as they made sure there was hand sanitiser pretty much everywhere!

On the plus side, for me, I found this complex to be very safe compared to the other two. The pools are a great depth for young children (no more than 1.2 metres deep) so felt very comfortable letting our daughters go in the pool without us. One of our daughters is a very confident swimmer at 7 yrs old but our 4 yr old isn't. We had a room that was not a swim up, but were very fortunate to be given a corner room that was linked to the swim up rooms, where the pool was shallow at 1.0 metre deep.

Great water park and the Lazy River got used A LOT! Very well manned by the Lifeguards.

The rooms were very nice, modern, comfortable and clean. I think though all family hotels/villages should come with a partition/seperate room for children as standard and not something you should have to pay extra for. We unfortunately had to share the room with our girls, but it was ok. We didn't use the T.V. in the room because it didn't have any childrens channels which was a shame. HV Majorcia had CBeebies and Disney channels!

The Entertainment Team were very good, with a special mention to Rory The Entertainer Cunningham who is by far the best First Choice entertainer we've seen. He is very very funny and has a fantastic voice...no disrespect to First Choice, but his talents are wasted!!! Apparently he has been slated a lot on Trip Advisor. Why? He wasn't offensive, if he was near the mark sometimes, the children wouldn't know what he was talking about anyway and that just made him even funnier!!!

Overall, we had a great holiday and we were sad to leave. Thank you to the reception staff who were always very helpful and friendly, the housekeeping staff, especially the lady who cleaned our room after our daughter was ill and to everyone else who worked very hard to make our holiday a pleasant one! Would we recommend to others/friends...yes definitely. Would we return...yes.

3  Thank Lynne W

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear you had a BRILLIANT holiday, Thank you for your review.

Best Wishes.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We decided this year we would go 5 star all inclusive because we have a 3 year old and it gets costly with drinks and ice creams etc. This was suggested by a friend at work whose daughter went. They suggested the Deluxe rooms because they had swim up balconies but with a 3year old we decided against that and booked a double room in the relaxed area.

It was a 10 minute walk to the main restaurant but we loved the fact that one day we would chill out in the relaxed are pools and then next day we would go to the activity area pools with the water park. Our 3 year old really loved the water this year and spent many an hour going round the lazy river with his Daddy.

Food was excellent although the main restaurant could get very crowded. Staff were very friendly. We managed to book all 3 a la carte restaurants and the Greek one was the best. Lots for kids to do although our little one didn't want to join in in the kids clubs.

I did scuba diving because I turned 40 whilst we were away and I did the areal assault course too which was harder than it looked!

The beach near by was very rocky and not really suitable for the little one although he did love the rock pools.

I would recommend this place and we would probably go back in a few years when our boy is a little older. The bed wasn't brilliant as I always woke up with back ache but it was a great size. Very clean and cleaners came round every day asking what you wanted doing.

We will def be booking 5 star all inclusive next year :)

2  Thank Shelley W

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, i would like to thank you for your 5 star review, we hope to see you all again very soon.

Thank you and best wishes.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in the Deluxe area towards the beginning of the season and loved it. We have stayed in Kolymbia twice before at a nearby resort of similar quality, but the deluxe package really made this holiday extra special. Not having to queue up at a buffet and having the option of buffet and a la carte made a real difference. The staff were absolutely superb, so attentive and fantastic with our two young children (2 and 4). We will definitely be looking to go again next year.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room as the restaurant service and quieter pool area makes a big difference. Also we were able to easier go to the bar area to get a drink and take it back to our room.
5  Thank Jo T

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your 5 star review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you all again soon.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from 2 weeks at the Holiday Village I have to say it most definitely lives up to it's great reputation.

Yes there are a few little things that could be improved but is this not the case at every place you would ever visit and usually comes down to personal preferences and expectations.

As a couple holidaying with our 2 year old daughter we found it absolutely ideal and catered for all our needs. Special mention has to go to Cecilia, George & George from the deluxe restaurant (whom our daughter just adored) and to Thomas.

Thank you all of you for making our 2 weeks so enjoyable, having just experienced the painful loss of our youngest daughter this holiday was just what we needed to start the next chapter in our lives.

(P.S. Thomas please get in touch)

Richard, Sam & Ava

Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank Richard P

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure to meet you, i would love to keep intouch with you and i will keep a close eye on the development of your daughters charity.

please email the hotel via the website to be directed to my email.

Best wishes to you and your family from all the Team.