“FANTASTIC”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
London, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Fantastic in every way possible, the staff are so friendly and great with kids, the rooms are ultra modern and luxurious we had a swim up room that was stunning and made us feel that extra bit special. The food is 5 star not at all repetitive and all quality ingredients the gala night was especially good with caviar and smoke salmon. Perfect destination for families

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Matt-Teresa-Chilton
Thomas M, OperationManager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I Would like to thank you for your 5 star review, We are all very pleased to learn that you had a Excellent Holiday here At the Holiday Village Rhodes, It was our pleasure to look after you and we hope to see you all again soon.

Best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Holiday Village Rhodes review - end of June to July 2014... Hmm how do I start this... Rhodes... what a place, beautiful beaches, hot hot hot weather & the people are so lovely! Holiday village Rhodes was the best holiday we have encountered as a family, loads to do for everyone, food was good, rooms nice & clean (although on arrival my OCD kicked in & I noticed a few flaws but that's just down to personal preference), my husband was more than happy with the room. The rooms are modern, spacious & the air con keeps them nice & cool & we were allocated a fab room @ 2602. The entertainment staff are fantastic, we met Rory & Jimmy in Costa Del Sol HV Benalmadena last year who were here (but i wouldn't recommend HV Benalmadena though) Rhodes was 10x better!! All the entertainment staff worked there butts off & we thought Rory was hilarious, what a character. The pools & sunbeds were kept nice & clean & if there were any accidents in the pool by the little ones, these were sorted fairly quickly (only happened once whilst we were here). People moan & say its not 5*, not being funny but what did you expect from a FAMILY resort?! In my eyes it does deserve 5* for the family basis, everything is covered & staff go beyond to help you. If it wasn't such a good resort, do you think the girl group 'The Saturdays' would have shot their music video here recently?..... Me & my husband enjoyed floating around the lazy river whilst our daughter was having fun in the kids club, she always left with a smile & couldnt wait to get back in the pool to play! I can not recommend this place enough, it was fantastic & we are gutted we only booked a week! There is so much to do, from the high ropes, water slides, park area, kids clubs, football academy, swimming lessons, pool fun and then there is visiting the beaches, tsambika beach is gorgeous (just don't visit on a windy day, you get attacked by sand storms lol).… We will definitely be visiting again next year but we will be making sure we book the right room & better flight times. The only negative's we have are - When booking your stay here, make sure you know EXACTLY the type of room your booking, they can be very confusing, as we found out. If your booking a double room in the activity area, don't assume your in one of the annex's around the pool, as this isn't always the case. Families of up to 3 people are usually situated in the main building rooms in the activity area which is offered first when booking online or in store, but if you pay an extra £54+ then you can go in the annex rooms around the pool, (so much better). Luckily we discovered this room booking error before we flew to Rhodes & managed to upgrade no problemo. We originally wanted to book the deluxe area but it was sold out, but to be honest I'm so glad we didn't as there's not as much going on over there for the kids & its a good walks distance from the main hotel activity area, where everything is going on. As much as i like to relax, my priority is making my daughter happy, so if she's happy, then so am I. After speaking to other guests who stayed in the deluxe area, they said it was fantastic for the added luxury etc, but the kids always wanted to go over to the activity area for their fun! The second negative - the staff are all welcoming during your stay, but when your leaving there not really bothered which was a bit disappointing, my reason for this; If your flight is in the early hours of the morning, you have to leave your room at 12pm as standard, luckily we had prebooked the room via first choice for £95 to stay until we left for the coach at 2.35am, (well that's what we thought). But instead we were kicked out of our room at 6pm with our 3yr old daughter, leaving us with nothing to do or go for 8 hours! We were told the cinema room would be perfect for us to relax in before our flight but all we found was a run down room, items chucked here & there, chairs stacked, it was just a dump really. ( I have photos to prove this ). There was no where for our daughter to sleep or anywhere to 'relax', so she ended up sleeping in the reception area on a sofa, which was quite awkward with new guests arriving at the hotel... BUT that is the only downside to the holiday & booking early hour flights. So we won't be doing those flights again and we will pay the extra for day time flights when we return next year! :)

4 Thank KLJ44
Thomas M, Operations Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently returned from a 2 week vacation at the HV Rhodes, our 11 & 9 year old boys loved it and want to know when they can go back! The hotel itself is beautiful and we really had the most relaxing holiday ever. We stayed in the deluxe area and the dining experience was top notch. Food was delicious with a great variety to choose from. Both George's greeted us daily with the warmest of welcomes and even though they work long hours, the staff are always happy and friendly towards everyone.

There were lots of activities for the kids to do. They did the soccer academy with Lauren & Alex and loved it (despite the high temperatures). The megastars kids club was perfect for their age group and they enjoyed both the daytime and evening activities. They even climbed the mountain at the back of the hotel one day which they really enjoyed. It was very nice swimming in pools that were actually warm! Temperatures were mid to late 30s in June, which is hotter than we are used to, but thankfully a nice breeze kept us cool by the pool!

Usually we avoid the night-time entertainment but on this occasion, we were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the shows. Rory has to be one of the best entertainers I have seen in a long while. All the staff at First Choice were so lovely and friendly and it really does make such a difference while you are on holidays.

I thoroughly recommend this place if you want a truly relaxing holiday. Get a deluxe room to avoid long queues in the restaurant. The food in the ala carte restaurants were excellent, the Mexican definitely our favourite (although the portion sizes rather large). The Italian was also very good but the adult pizzas were a bit on the small side ( the same size as a childs pizza).

A very enjoyable holiday and definitely worth its 5 star status!

6 Thank mfloodmcc

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just returned back from the Holiday Village after a weeks stay, myself, my husband and two children aged 8 and 18 months.

The hotel grounds are very impressive. We paid extra for a swim up room in the activity section on the advice of a friend that had been to the hotel last year. To be honest I would have preferred to be in the deluxe part as they had a swim up pool bar and it is only a short walk to the activity section. Where we were was a bit of a walk to the nearest bar. Our room itself was lovely, very clean, plenty of space, we had two double beds which were very comfy and also a travel cot for my 18 month old. I would have preferred an actual cot as the base of the travel cot was very hard without a mattress. My eldest loved the fact he could jump straight off the balcony into the pool but for us, if I were to go to this hotel again, I wouldn't pay the extra money for the swim up room as we didn't make use of it, from 11 am the sun was off our balcony and when looking around only a couple of swim up rooms had sun later into the afternoon.

This hotel is fantastic for kids, the pool area was always clean, the waterpark has just enough slides, its not too big and i was happy for my son to be running around with friends he had met without me following him. The shallow/ small children's section with the smaller slides is great, it is shallow enough so my youngest son could walk around and if he did fall he wasn't scared, he could easily get him self back up. There was always something going on around the pool for the kids to do. They even had a section of the grass under a cover with baby toys so we could sit for a while and let my youngest have a play, i was very impressed with the little things like this.

We didn't take any beach towels, we hired these from the supermarket in the hotel and paid 10 euros deposit on each towel and we could change these every couple of days. We received our 40 euros back at the end of the week,

There really is not a lot around this hotel, we hired a car from a hire place just on the road out of the hotel it cost us 55 euros and we had it from 8:30pm tuesday night until 6:30pm weds. they quoted us 75 euros in the hotel. We drove to Falaraki on the Tuesday night and had a wonder around there, it only took 20 minutes to get there and its a great resort with plenty going on, my husband went on an 18-30's there years ago and he said it has totally changed, there were plenty of families of all ages walking round. We drove to Rhodes old town on the wednesday and also Lindos. This was an excursion they offered in the hotel through First Choice but it would have cost us nearly 200 euros! having the car and being able to come and go as we pleased, I thought was a much better way to do it having young children as it was just so hot walking round and when we had had enough we left. Rhodes old town is definitely worth a visit, I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. if I were to go again I would prefer to go around tea time when the sun wasn't so strong.

The food, was very repetitive, and a lot of the time it was cold/ luke warm by the time you got to your table to eat it, I have been to a few 5* in the Caribbean and the food in those hotels was unbelievable, there was always something different and a lot more to choose from through the day. I think for a 5* hotel the food could be a bit better. Although i was impressed with the childrens section with plastic plates, knives and forks. Also they had a microwave, food processor and also a bottle steriliser in the restaurant.

If you want to eat at the al a carte restaurants you need to book these literally the day you get there as we left it until the day after and we could only get one reservation for the Friday, I thought this was very disappointing, may be a system where you could only book up to 3 days in advance might give other people chance if they missed out the first time. This also goes for the high ropes, if you want to book these for your children this needs to be also booked as soon as you arrive as we booked it on the Tuesday and could only get the Thursday.

One thing I really wasn't impressed with was when I booked this holiday I paid £90 for a late checkout as we were flying at 6 am in the morning, I think it is disgusting you pay £90 for a late checkout and it only gives you another 6 hours. With the late checkout included we were due to be kicked out of our rooms at 6pm even though we weren't getting picked up until 2:50am. We had to pay a further 30 euros to be able to keep our rooms until 2 am. If you have booked a late checkout and you need your room like we did until the early hours of the morning you will need to put your name down for this as soon as you arrive at the hotel as we were told its a first come, first served basis.

All in all we all had a fantastic holiday here and i would recommend it to anyone.

4 Thank rbleeds
Dear Guest,

I Would like to thank you for your review, We are all very pleased to learn that you had a Great Holiday here At the Holiday Village Rhodes, It was our pleasure to look after you and we hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were greeted with champagne when we arrived and orange juice for our little boy, the restaurant was still open so we were invited to get a bite to eat.
We were in the activity section, the room was lovely, clean and spacious overlooking the pool area.
The food in the main restaurant was gorgeous. There was plenty of variety, a kids corner and the staff were wonderful greeting our little boy with a high 5 each time. We went to the Mexican and Italian Al a carte in our hotel and the lagoon restaurant in the agean blue across the road...All I can say is wow!!!
The pool was fantastic, the water park too our little boy had a wonderful time playing there.
Entertainment was brilliant rory and his team did a great job they are very very talented! The children's activities were excellent throughout the day on one day a member of the team came around and did face painting around the pool.
The hotel was exceptionally clean and tidy, the cleaner who cleaned our room was very friendly always saying hello.
We were very sad to leave especially our little boy who made a great friend. On leaving we were given a bottle of water for the journey and were waved off by the staff. The extra touches made this holiday and we will definitely be returning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charlotte C
Thomas M, Operations Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review, We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the holiday village rhodes.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had a great two weeks in the holiday village, yes it was a bit more expensive than what we would normally pay for a holiday but was worth every penny. To start off the food was delicious, didn't have a bad night the whole two weeks we were there, plenty of choice for everyone, especially me fussy three year old. We celebrated out wedding anniversary there and had a lovely suprise when my husband had arranged champagne and a cake, the restaurant staff work very hard and are very polite. Also you can book into a la carte restaurants on your stay, the Mexican was our favourite.
The entertainment team work very hard to make sure everyone enjoys there holiday my little boy made a little friend in Lee and is still talking about him now, 11 days later.
The pools are lovely, I preferred the relax pool as it had the swim up bar which was nice , the only thing was I thought it could of been cleaned after closing a little more, it didn't seem to be washed down round the pool just rubbish cleaned up.
The room was nice , we did not book a swim up room as I was a bit unsure with a three year old but they were really nice to look at , the balcony suited us fine as it was nice and spacious.
Hoping to book again for next year but want to fond out I make sure I get the relax area again again as I think it was just luck. We stayed from 10th June for two weeks, best holiday ever.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are nice but I don't think you would be able to relax much with toddlers