“fab hoilday”

Holiday Village Rhodes
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

cannot find any complaints, staff were very friendly and helpful, food was fab, something for everyone, could not possiblly eat everything that was on the menu, don't know how they managed as much variety,dining room stafff even knew where we preferred to sit, reception staff were very friendly, and helpful, bar staff were superb,maintenance was excellent never as much as a paper 0n the grounds, pools were brill, entertainment was great, you should kidnap the entertainment team for next year, rory you are a fab team leader, Paige, Jimmy, Hannah, Leigh, all the team were great, too many to remember as we did not use the kids club,all in all do not understand how anyone could complain, am waiting for a price for next year, highly recommend , absolutely no compliants, keep up the good work

Room Tip: i think all rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Thomas M, Operations Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I Would like to thank you for your 5 star review, We are all very pleased to learn that you had a Excellent Holiday here At the Holiday Village Rhodes, It was our pleasure to look after you and we hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Like we all do we checked out the reviews before we came.

We are currently at night seven of our fourteen nights at the HVR.

In short forget all the naysayers on here. This is our third HV in three years and is by far and whilst all have been good this is by far and away the best.

Food - Great (my kids are the fussiest eaters on the planet and we have no issues. If you can't find something you like in the standard restaurant here, then in truth you are simply a pain in the proverbial so far up your own proverbial that you won't be satisfied with anything)

Rooms - We are in a one room double, in truth wish we has upgraded to a two room offering but is it a problem, no it's not, it's clean, well laid out and functional.

Entertainment - Streets ahead of anywhere we have ever been. A good solid team is made excellent by one man; Rory, a man who genuinely belongs on a much bigger stage than this but thank goodness no one has had the good sense to snap him up. How first choice can hold onto him I really don't know. A genuine stand up talent I would be not be disappointed to have paid money to watch. At our previous HV's I've been happy to watch the entertainment, here I a genuinely looked forward to it. Saying the rest of the team is solid is not being critical at all, they are all very very good but I think even they would all admit Rory is on the next level.

General Staff - People don't work this hard anywhere.

The location is I have to say in the middle of nothing. We have found it no issue at all.

One tiny issue. We came here because of the water slides. You travel agent will tell you the kids have to be 1.2m tall. That height is to their shoulder. Be prepared to face the Spanish Inquisition in Greek about your child's age (they must be over 10 to use the fast slides) every time they climb to the top of the slides. The hotel could simply give every child ten or over a slide armband on arrival that would be away with this mildly tiresome issue.

Other than that, if you don't enjoy this place I can't understand why.

9  Thank Thisiscgor

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked this as part of a family holiday which included 4 different famlies. When booking we advised that each room would probably need twins and a sofa bed, due to ages of children, we were advised that of course this was possible. When we arrived and reminded the hotel manager of this he advised they do not cater for this kind of family... So my sister had to share a double bed with her 15 year old daughter and i was on a camp bed which sent my back into spasms for 2 weeks - if i wanted to stay on a camp bed i would have gone camping and saved a hell of a lot of money.
Each morning one of us had to get up at 6am to reserve the sun loungers outside of our rooms, as we were on the ground floor if we didnt do this people ended up basically sitting on our terrace.
other then the Management the staff were lovely. This is not value for money and there is no quiet areas for you to actually relax

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Louk2606
Nikos_Stamoulos, Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to write a review based on your holiday experience. I am very surprised to read your comments though, as I personally have never and actually could not confirm to you or any other Guest that your room will have twin beds. And this only because all our rooms are equipped only with double and queen size beds.
Concerning your comment that after your arrival you reminded me about your rooms request, I am afraid that you should probably confused me with someone else, as we never have the chance to meet in person. Apart from this I would have never replied 'we do not cater for this kind of family', simply because we do cater for all families that choose to stay in our Hotel, in the best possible way.

Despite this issue that you were unhappy with, I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the Services from our Staff.

Kind regards

Stamoulos Nikos
Hotel Manager
Holiday Village Rhodes

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Village Rhodes for a week(9th July) and can honestly say the whole experience has been fantastic!We stayed in the Activity Area(we opted for a first floor as I didn't feel a swim up was suitable for my 22 month old daughter)but it faced directly onto the pool and only took 2 seconds to get to.I would suggest setting an alarm for bang on 8am and putting towels down on a lounger though as they seem to get snapped up fairly quickly!
We used the buffet for breakfasts,lunch and evening meals and the food and service was second to none!Nothing is too much trouble and the hotel staff are extremely good with children.We also dined a la carte a few nights of our stay at the Tex Mex,Greek Grill and Italian.All were superb!We couldn't find fault anywhere.
The evening entertainment was great for our two kids.The lover the Widgets and Hi 5 Live crew,especially Scottish Rory(he is a natural with the crowd and had everyone laughing lol)The free bar was ideally situated next to the entertainment seating area where cocktails,drinks,slush puppies,popcorn and ice-cream were available for you at your convenience.
The only thing I would suggest people do before travelling,especially with young kids,is ensure you have travel insurance that covers sickness or injury.My. Daughter ended up with a rash so we had to call the doctor out(110 euros)as it turned out,it was only heat rash and we can claim back the money on our insurance once we are home but def something to keep in mind that these things can happen and they can be costly.
Overall,we have had the best time and would highly recommend HV Rhodes to anybody,you are guaranteed a fantastic holiday! :)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kimberley M

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent 2 weeks here in May/June.

Had a fab time, hotel staff were excellent, even leaving me a bottle of bubbly in the room on my birthday.

My 2 year old was I'll in the first week and the hotel staff very quickly called the doctor, photocopying our documents for us so the insurance claim could be processed immediately and allowed us to draw cash (no ATM on site) to pay the doctor.

The resort is very family friendly, with numerous play areas and pools to make the most of.

Only downside (no fault of the resort) was our apartment backed onto a neighbouring hotel which played extremely loud music until 11pm on a Friday and Saturday night....we were in the 'Relax' area and we had a 2yr old with us, so not the best.

Overall, great time and place!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a swim-up room i Tropical Area - and loved it! Our 2 boys (age 7) used the pool all morning and in the afternoon we used the big pools! All very good:)
Entertainment in English (the kids didn't understand a lot - but enjoyd it) was very good. Doobley and Gismo has got their own beds in the bedrooms at home!! Activity for the kids was good, and the 3 activity people was sooo nice and friendly to the children!
Great rooms! Cleaned every day - never a problem!! Minibar could have been refilled once or twies..
The breakfast buffet was never crowded and all time great! The lunch and dinner buffet was allways fresh and very good:) Loved the show-Cooking!!!
The restaurants was excellent - we visited the all once!
Lovely staff and great SPA!
Used the gym and that was the only complaint - could have been better (some needed to be fixed and it could have been more Space) - it was always people there in the morning!

Room Tip: Swim-up rooms are great! Tropical Area is the best - in our opinion!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My Family and I have just returned from a 2 night holiday all inclusive here at Holiday Village Rhodes Activity Area. My Children are 7 and 5 and we had such an amazing time. The Food in all of the restaurants including the main buffet was spectacular the F&B manager John was ever so helpful to accommodate us with bookings and always a warm welcome when being seated at the buffet. Evie was the most pleasant of waitresses always a smile and a hug for the kids. The Entertainment Team were amazing Hannah, Paige, Lee, Jimmy and Ruiri work so hard well done! The entire village is kept immaculate. Even though it was a family holiday both our kids loved the kids club and attended the 9:30pm sessions which allowed us to have a drink at the Adults bar, or a meal alone which we never expected to happen but it was a nice surprise!!!! All in all I rate this resort 10/10 I could not fault it in anyway and we look forward to returning there in the Future. Thank you so much to all the Staff at HVR you do an amazing job! Well Done!!!

11  Thank MOConnor14
Thomas M, Operations Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Best wishes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
#17 of 34 in Kolimbia
SunConnect Kolymbia Star
SunConnect Kolymbia Star
#7 of 34 in Kolimbia

Been to Holiday Village Rhodes? Share your experiences!