“FANTASTIC HOLIDAY”

Holiday Village Rhodes
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
“FANTASTIC HOLIDAY”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 2 weeks at holiday village rhodes. We travelled as a party of 4, myself, my husband and our 2 boys 9 and 7.
The holiday was perfect from the moment we arrived being offered a glass of cava/orange juice and a quick check-in.
Our room(swim up relax side 5604) was perfect, clean, spacious and had the sun all day.The swimming pool was great and the boys loved the idea of the pool bar, a mention to billy behind the bar always have a joke with the boys and always a smile on his face.
The food was great there was plenty of selection and we never had trouble finding anything we liked.Mention to Evie who took you to your seats at breakfast and dinner always smiling and even taught myself abit of Greek.
Both my boys attended the kids clubs which they loved and the kids club reps are excellent, they work so hard making sure your children have a great time.
My boys are mad on football so signed them both up for the football academy which they really enjoyed, the coaches Lauren and mike were excellent. There was even time for my husband to have a game of adult football which is on most days(he said he needed the run around to run off all the food and beer).
The entertainment was great, the boys loved I 5live and the entertainment staff, lee, jimmy, Hannah, Paige and leader of the pack Rory were excellent, the banter between Rory and Paige was great.Myself and the boys even got my husband up on stage to take part on a gameshow which luckily He won and was presented with a Russell the brussell t-shirt which is pride and place in his wardrobe.
There were only 2 slight niggles, having paid a lot of money for the holiday u still had to pay for the use of the safe in the room, and the seating area for the entertainment is to small and they try to pack too many table and chairs.

Overall thou our holiday was excellent, would we come back!!!

ALREADY BOOKED TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Hannah-marie P
Thomas M, Operations Manager at Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your 5 star review, We are very pleased to learn that you had a great holiday with us. I would like to send my best wishes to you and your family and i hope to see you all again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This holiday was well worth its money,my 6 year old daughter loved everything from the food to the activities and we loved the relaxation,the staff was so friendly,we would definitely go back to this place

• Stayed August 2014

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from 11 nights here travelled with 2 children under 6 and couldn't of had a better time, all staff are amazing esp the Swim Academy team (Guy, Nicki and Rebekah) who broke a 4 year fear of swimming for our son. Evening entertainment excellent kids rushed us through tea every evening to get a seat at the front for i5live which is equally entertaining for cocktail sipping adults - Rory, Paige, Lee, Jimmy, Hannah and Talking Techy clearly care about everyone having fun and put effort in every single night. The food is great a huge choice of cuisines every night and staff who go out of their way to be polite, friendly, helpful and efficient. Recommend the relax area if you are like us and in a previous life are used to holidaying in quieter non family hotels the pools are big clean warm and we never had problems with beds, our first floor family room was spacious clean and well maintained as were the gardens. In summery a great place, with a good staff base from receptionists to cleaners and the first choice team all great. This is a 5 star FAMILY resort! Great job!

1 Thank Familytravels875

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This really is a great family resort, we stayed in the relax area with a swim up room which was superb, there is plenty to do for the children the food is great, make sure you book the restaurants as soon as you arrive as they are popular .George the manager of the deluxe restaurant deserves a special mention as well as the other food and beverage manager ( ohhh la laa ) was his catch phrase as their level of service was above and beyond. Billy at the pool side bar is fantastic too.Most people I spoke with were booking for next year upon their return and I think we are going to also. This really is a first class resort, clean, new, friendly, green, a really pleasant environment to spend your holiday

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank RoyalOakNonington

stockton-on-tees
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Returned back yesterday from this hotel, in what was a fabulous family break. It had everything you needed. I have to say I was worried about having booked the 'activity' side, however we were situated in a swim up room in the quieter pool. This was also very close to all of the amenities and a 30 second walk to the sports bar and self-serve drinks station to keep us all hydrated. We were occupied in room 2501. I have read a review saying this room was badly positioned. I would disagree due to the fact that it was much shallower in this part of the pool, which suited my six year old. Also, being in the corner meant it was a little more private, but you got a nice cooling breeze. It did some shade during the day, but if you moved your chair there was always some sun to be had!
My daughter had swimming lessons with Nicki and was swimming after the first lesson. She also loved being involved in razzamattaz. This involved her being part of a performance on stage. These are the sorts of experiences that children will never forget.
Personally, I didn't find the drinks watered down, as has been said previously. But I did mainly drink the gin and tonic.
Room cleaned every day, I was worried about this also, but we realised that you had to switch your light on at the door to show the cleaners that they were required. This definitely worked because one day we accidentally turned on the 'do no disturb' light and we didn't get the cleaner that day!!
Only other thing to say really is that food is good, never boring. However, we could not book any a' la carte restaurants in our week there, despite trying to do so the morning after we arrived.
All in all, on our coach back to the airport we all said that we would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Quiet pool at the activity side is right at the heart of things
7 Thank teacher80

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have just returned from rhodes holiday village. What a fantastic hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, with lots of little extra's. A selection of sandwiches and drinks were left in our fridge, as we arrived very early in the morning and a bottle of water for your transfer to the airport home. We stayed in the activity area, which is great for families. So much for the children to do. The first choice holiday reps/kids club are amazing and put in110% every day. Our son thought the football academy was the best thing out and our daughter thoroughly enjoyed the stage coaching. Food is great, lots of variety. There is something to suit all tastes. Our room was clean and right next to one of the pools. We did have to put our towels out about 8.00 in the morning, to make sure we got 4 together. Water slides and the lazy river were great fun!
i5live entertainent, you rock RORY! Excellent entertainment for both kids and adults. Rory, Paige, Lee, Hannah, Jimmy and the whole team are amazing and make it what it is, Fantastic family entertainment. You all work sooooooooo hard. Thank you for an amazing holiday.

Room Tip: Activity area is great for families, if you are wanting a quite holiday go for the relax and deluxe...
2 Thank Joanne R

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our third time at this wonderful hotel. Everything is just perfect. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel so welcome. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is second to none just absolutely wonderful. You also can book to eat in The Mexican (once per stay) and The Italian and The Greek (twice per stay) the food experiences were amazing and in lovely settings. The entertainment was great, the reps are so hard working making sure everyone has a great time a special hello to Jordan. After I finish writing this review I will be booking for next year and if you are looking for wonderful people, a wonderful hotel and amazing food with lots to fun things to do then this will be the hotel for you. A special mention to Michalis (Captain) for the best service 7 Stars ******* and Giorgos in the Greek restaurant thank you for making our evening so lovely and Evi and John Alexaris your wonderful smile there to greet us every day. I am counting the days until next year. Love to you all and thank you for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: The most wonderful room and the number was 2111 it overlooked the pools, was on the end so you only...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pioneer_roofing
Dear Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
#6 of 34 in Kolimbia
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 20 in Kallithea

Been to Holiday Village Rhodes? Share your experiences!