3,911 results
All reviews half board sea view four poster bed red carpet a la carte restaurant gala night junior suite swim up room pool bar sandwiches plenty of sunbeds low key rhodes town fantastic hotel jersey tones glass of champagne abba tribute
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was our second visit and we are just sadly sat in reception waiting to be picked up. This is the best hotel that we have ever stayed in and we will be back next year. What makes the place so special is the friendly enthusiasm of the staff. Thank you to all. Also please ignore the negative reviews this is a fantastic experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank BernieMike
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The Atlantica group in my opinion work extremely hard to make a great experience for their guests. This is our second trip to one of there hotels and this one was just great.

To start with the food was excellent, really really above and beyond your expectations. Both in quality and variety, just great, all the restaurant staff are brill, special thanks to Viron :-)

Its all been said before... the Beach! Right they lease the beach but let everyone use it so at weekends its full of kids. Not only that they CHARGE you €3.50 PER BED when you are on the beach and they want cash. This is stupid. I don't mind paying €50 for a bottle of wine but things like this are petty and annoying. So if you get too hot by the pool and want to chill on the beach you have to make a purchase decision... real let down. Oh and the visitors don't bother they either lie on a towel or a blow up lilow.

I have NEVER been to a hotel of this quality where you can't change your towels everyday or actually whenever you like... this is rubbish! Alos given the amount of staff in the pool bar stood around talking it would have been nice to see a drinks service as it was SOOO hot.

The resident DUO... - Acoustic set upstairs... brilliant. when they are on the main stage every song she sings is a man's song and she sounds tired and fed up. Shame really... the drifters were good and the 3 girls were great too.

All the chairs in the restaurant were replaced with brand new ones whilst we were there, (other had mentioned they were tired).

Loose the stone grill option if you don't have the staff trained to use it ... I don't want to have to cook the food myself!!! And twice I asked for it both times they said I would have to cook the food myself and it was too hot anyway for the stone grill... barmy!

Beware of the resident Scuba people. I am a qualified diver but unfortunately did not take my gear. I was told by the pool demo girl I would be provided with a 3mm shorty suit and boots fins etc. When I got to the van they were operating out of in the carpark of the beach shack 15 mins walk away they guy told me I could not have boots and gave me a 5 mm full wet suit and it was 28 degrees water and 36 air! I burnt both my feet getting to and from the water and could hardly walk back, he said ignore the pool girls they are nothing to do with us. I also did not see their Oxygen anywhere. The kit was very old and I would NOT use them again.

Could do with fans putting in the Private gazebos, we hired one for an evening meal overlooking the beach but it was far too hot in there but the service was excellent.

This all said we have a great time, very relaxing and probably would return if the beach and towel issues are sorted.

Thanks Atlantica!

Room tip: Beachfront junior suites are worth the upgrade
2  Thank SealInemike
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Thanks Atlantica!

Room tip: Beachfront Junior suites are great and worth the upgrade
Reviewed 27 August 2012

People on here grade hotels on what they think it is, I live in hotels for work stay in hotels all over the world then have a busmans holiday when I go on a break. I know the difference between a 5* in Dubai and a 5* in Greece, they are not the same!! For starters the price is completely different. I stayed here in July for £700 HB but on arrival was handed a leaflet to see if we wanted to upgrade to all inclusive, it was a no brainer, lunch and all drinks included for the price of a couple of drinks. I had a wry smile as I saw the half boarders paying for drinks (you can tell by the wrist bands) I just didn't understand why they didn't do the same totally daft, it was just over £20 pppd, cheaper than upgrading at time of booking.

This is a GREEK 5* hotel and for that reason excellent value, excellent pool always sun beds, good large jacuzzi which is where people go to cool down and read a book. Low level entertainment during the day eg. pool yoga at 11am and a quiz at 4pm, not in your face. I had a room in the main block it was good, large, good bathroom, nice view of pool, I'm on holiday and that means be I want to be outside not stuck in a hotel room but I had no issues with it. I can't comment on the bungalows in the separate blocks but I did hire a car and drove round to the small harbour, there were some rooms I noticed with a pool outside the rooms which overlooked the car park, I don't know how much they were but I was happy being in the main block.

Overall excellent value, excelletn quality of food, good entertainment AND NO KIDS YIPPEEE. There were couples of all ages fromt early 20's through to the SAGA crew. Wifi is limited but hey you are on holiday, good enough to dowload a book or a paper.

The beach isn't fantastic but it's not Mauritius anyway, some sand some shingle but hotel is on the beach and if you want to go down it's easy, or hire a car and get out and visit some of the other beaches.

Would I go back well Iike to visit different places each time but I would go back if it was available on another deal - Would I say for you to go, yes, have a relaxing quiet break.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have had a wonderful 2 weeks here but as many of the other comments suggest it is very good but not Exclusive.
FOOD: absolutely excellent and a good vareity and the a la carte restaurant food was unbelievably good, with a supplement(on some meals) but worth it, however only being able to use it once, was a real shame and perhaps another restaurant, perhaps say an Italian would be a nice addition
SERVICE: the bar staff work tirelessly and a special mention to Hlena who is absolutely fabulous and needs a promotion!! She worked her socks off every night and is very proffesional and polite. THANK YOU!!
POOL AREA: clean and tidy a shame about the quality of the sunbeds and only being able to change your towels 3 times a week (not 5 star??). A nice touch would be to be able order drinks from your sunbed however on the one occasion we had cold flannels brought to our beds which was a nice gesture.
ROOMS: air conditioning poor, far too warm. rooms however are lovely and clean but paying 20 euros for the safe is a joke really!!
ENTERTAINMENT: Richard(Thompson's rep) is the life and sole of the hotel, and a real workaholic again another individual who brings a smile to your face. I agree it is a little like butlins but if 70% of the hotel are in the pool jumping up and down with a big smile then it follows that they appreciate the entertainment. I do feel however that some of the other Thompson reps are not as proactive and would benefit from participating/helping the "outdoor team"!!
OVERALL: fabulous holiday, and only a few small gripes definitely worth a visit but only as an all inclusive guest!

Room tip: Try to book a room in the new wing as air conditioning is better here!!
1  Thank Matel0t1