“Our second visit”

and 1 more site!
Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second visit in as many years to this fabulous hotel. We stayed for 14 nights, from the moment you arrive you are greeted with a glass of bubbly and the 5 star service continues from there. The hotel is exceptionally clean and tidy. The food is of a high standard and varied with of lots of themed nights. All the staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you but special thanks must go to Tsambika who served us in the atrium at dinner every evening (and sometimes and breakfast and lunch too) for making us feel so welcome.

We have found it cheaper to book half board with Thomson and then upgrade to All Inclusive on arrival. The cost for this was 32 euros per person per day with the last day free. Combined with a credit card that doesn't charge for foreign currency this worked out to £658 for 2 weeks saving us over £120 this way.

We had a couples massage in the Imperial Spa. A huge thank you to George and Gabriel for your magic touches.

We stayed in a swim up room which was fantastic, though with all our gizmos (phones, hairdryers, camera etc) we could have made use of a few extra plug sockets. We got a great nights sleep in a super king size bed. Following on from previous reviews the swim ups do lose the sun by 1pm but you can still sun bathe on a lilo on the swim up pool and the temperature is still very warm. This set up suited us as we could spend the morning in the swim up, the afternoon by the main pool and then back to the swim up late afternoon.

The main pool itself is huge and there are plenty of sunbeds throughout the day though certain spots were always reserved early each day.

The entertainment organised by the lovely Anna was varied and enjoyable. We enjoyed aqua aerobics and a local walk of Kolymbia as part of the day time activities. At night there was quizzes and shows such as Abba, Drifters and El Divo tributes. There was also a Greek night. On one night there was a management cocktail gala where Christos the manager thanked all his staff and there was fireworks and champagne.

Tips - Bring a mosquito plug and spray
The beach linked to the hotel is lovely but is a sand and shingle beach so water shoes make it easier to get in and out of the sea. If you like a sandy beach there is one just around the corner. Go up the steps from the main beach and go to the right of the restaurant and down some other steps and you're there.

We would definitely go back to this hotel again. We feel it really is a little bit of paradise.

4  Thank travelbug0726
AtlanticaImperial, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, and for sharing your experience with other readers.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for all of your kind comments on our staff, food and entertainment, which will be passed with pleasure to the relevant departments.

We are so pleased you especially enjoyed our Management cocktail party and also your swim up room.

We are delighted you enjoyed such a great holiday and hope to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 23rd July-6th August and from the moment we stepped through the doors it was 5* treatment until the day we left. We had a champagne welcome and considering the amount of guests that were checking in the process was faultless. Our room overlooked the harbour which were up over the swim ups. Beautiful view and we didn't pay any extra for it ( 435 ) We were staying half board but after one day we upgraded to all inclusive as for us it was the best option, it's not for everyone but it is cheaper upgrading when you get to the hotel rather than when booking with Thomson's. All the staff no matter if it was management or the cleaning staff everyone was so lovely and friendly. Pool towels are free and so is the safe in the room, you just have to ask for a key in reception. Wifi is also free and when you get your welcome pack from the hotel they will give you the code. The food is out of this world and for a buffet style restaurant we have to say it is the best we have ever come across. They do theme nights and so much effort is made and the quality of food is outstanding. My husband and I never got bored with the food as there was always something different. We also dined at the two a la carte restaurants which made a nice change to be waited on. Please take note of this as I didn't read all the information beforehand - men must wear long trousers to dinner on the evening in ALL restaurants. Fortunately my husband took one pair and then we had to try and find another pair in the shops which fortunately we did. The entertainment team are fantastic - Anna organises day time activities - aqua aerobics, quizzes, walks around the local area,table tennis and lots more. Julie and Andy the two singers were also fantastic and sing in the day round by the pool bar. Night time entertainment is fantastic. While we were there we saw tribute bands ( The drifters were first class ) There was a husband and wife team called manic who were brilliant, so funny as well as being fantastic singers. Anna also has a fantastic voice and she sings on one evening as well as do Julie and Andy. The mangers also have an evening in which they introduce theirselves and then a big firework display after.If all you want to do is chill in the day then that's ok too - the pool starts very shallow then gets deeper. There are jacuzzi style steps in some places and a jacuzzi area just off the pool. I have to say sunbeds are reserved very early but hey this happens in most places - there are more sunbeds available than there are guests and we never had a problem getting one, even 2 o clock in the afternoon! The hotel has an amazing spa - we visited on 3 occasions and the treatments were first class and the spa manager Alexandros is one of the nicest people we have ever met. It's well worth paying a visit. The local area is lovely to go out in on the evening- lots of shops, bars restaurants and a couple of lovely harbours to walk down to on the evening. I could go on and on about our holiday as it was one of the best we have had. Well done Atlantica Imperial we will defiantly visit again. I know this was a long review but I hope it was helpful to anyone who is going or considering going.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but if there is a particular room you would like email the hotel a couple of we...
6  Thank Melanie J

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with other readers. We truly value feedback from our guests.

Thank you for your great comments on our staff, food and entertainment we will be delighted to pass these on to the teams in the relevant departments.

We are so pleased you enjoyed such a fabulous time with us and hope you take away many happy memories.

All the team looks forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went here for a week, we stayed in the junior suite and it was amazing, I can recommend front row with a sea view. They had delicious breakfast, and also lunch (we were half board), we never tried the evening meal as men had to wear long trousers, so we went out instead.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
The only thing I wish that the hotel sort out is the issues with the sun beds, if you wanted a "good" spot you had to get up at 6 am to put your towels out, otherwise you were stuck with sun beds out on the lawn where you struggled to get shadow if you wished for that.
All in all a brilliant week, and when we where due to go home we wished we booked 2 weeks instead of 1. Very very relaxing!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria J

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience of our hotel with other readers.

Thank you for your kind comments on our food, staff and hotel facilities, these are much appreciated and will be passed on to the teams in the relevant departments.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent 14 wonderful days in the hotel Atlantica Imperial (Rhodes) from the 20th of July to the 3 of August 2014. It was our 4th trip to Greece and we were again not disappointed. Everything in this hotel is first class: food, room service, swimming- pool, territory, evening entertainment, and, of course, the staff.

The hotel is for the couples without any children, so silence and quietness are guaranteed. You never hear loud voices, shouts and cries. Everyone relaxes and enjoys in an atmosphere of laziness and comfort. You can sunbathe on the beach or near the swimming- pools, or in the shadows of the trees. The territory is large, clean and covered with flowers, grass and trees.

The food is healthy, fresh and always various and tasty. We also went to the local taverns in the nearby village Kolymbia to try some Greek cuisine and local wines. If you want to buy some souvenirs to bring home, it is better to do it in this village. The choice is much better than in the airport duty free.

Rhodes is a small island and it is easy to cross it in all directions to explore some interesting sights, churches and wonderful beaches. We rented a car in the hotel for 3 days and had a chance to see everything we wanted: the medieval town of Rhodes (capital city), Lindos, Butterfly Valley, Seven Springs, Fillerimos, Prasonisi and much more.

It is easy to drive a car here, the roads are not wide but in a good condition. You can drive to any place, you’d better use a navigator, for example Lumia Here Drive. It’s a great pleasure to cross the island in the evening – wonderful landscapes, pinewoods, small villages, warm winds of freedom and summer.

Our rest turned to be enjoyable and memorable. Great thanks to hotel administrations for our wonderful vocations, friendly environment and sunny impressions.

Room Tip: Room facing the beach
3  Thank Summerrest

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for holidaying with us at the Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our holiday to Atlantica Imperial was absolutely incredible. We loved every minute. We stayed all inclusive for a week at the end of Juky and it was money well spent! The room, 3005, was beautiful. Modern and stylish and spotless. The hotel itself was amazing and could not be faulted at all. But what made this a perfect holiday was the staff. They were all so attentive and friendly and went above and beyond every day to make sure we wanted for nothing.
If you are looking for a perfect holiday for couples and want a clean, luxurious resort with incredible food, a la carte meals to rival any top restaurant then the Atlantica Imperial is a no-brainier!
Thank you for a truly memorable holiday! We will return without a doubt!
Jane & Aaron, Leeds

Room Tip: Rooms in the 3000s are new and beautiful!
2  Thank Jane W

Dear guest,

It is a real pleasure to be able to read your review and we are so greatful for your complimentary comments.

We are really proud of the service we offer and we really are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your holiday experience.

I am sure you have many great memories to last until your next visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Having never stopped in a 5* hotel before I wanted this hol to be memorable and it truly was for all the right reasons! From the moment you step foot in this hotel and are greeted with a cool flannel and glass of bubbly to the moment you leave you feel like you've been embraced by a loving family who want to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The staff are excellent,its not just duty butthey really wsntwant to make your time there enjoyable

The whole complex is beautifully clean inside and out.lovely pool and grounds. The rooms are spacious and well equipped,we were top floor with lovely views over pool and sea. The food choice and quality is amazing I never ate the same thing twice for dinner in the 2 weeks there,we tried both A-la-cartes with a slight preference for mylos. A few have moaned about standard of entertainment but we enjoyed it. Ok some acts were a little dated but I think there was something there for everyone,you can't expect chart topping artists. The drifters and I'll divo were outstanding. Enjoyed listening to js2 resident duo,nice couple with good repertoire of songs. Special mention for Anna who is lively and enthusiastic and who works tirelessly to keep you entertained.

All in or HB? We foundHB saved us quite a lot of money as we're not huge drinkers. Any negatives, even at HB didn't feel you should be charged for water with yourmeal,one plug only in room and showers not the best. But these are minor niggles in what was a most wonderful holiday that we will always look back on as being truly memorable. Thanks to all staff at atlantica imperial.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank mikekee
AtlanticaImperial, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your 5* review.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your holiday with us and i will make sure your praise is passed on to the team.

We hope to welcome you back sometime again in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I never do reviews but I felt that you might like my feedback
from airport to hotel roughly a good hour (including other hotel stops)
we stayed here for two weeks in July all inclusive. – some people said that it was cheaper to book half board and upgrade to AI when you got there (whether that’s true or not I do not know - thats just effort for me, once its booked its booked and paid for before you get there then)
my review is not a complaint it’s more of an observation and personal opinion. The hotel is very clean and very tidy there was not one moment where I thought "that doesn’t get cleaned often".
when booking under Thomson it was under the category "couples" resorts. It’s NOT a couples resort which was a little frustrating. If it’s not going to be a couples resort that’s fine but do not advertise it as a couples resort. We met a couple who went to this resort last year and they had said that it was couples last year but this year it seems to have changed.
we had chosen to upgrade our room prior to arriving due to the images and descriptions on line. when we arrived I was disheartened to enter our room and the room not being what we expected. It was dated than the picture advertised. It was obvious when speaking to the rep and reception about this that our complaint wasn’t the first and probably wasn’t the last regarding the room. we moved rooms and then started our holiday.
Food was lovely and always a good variety. the 2 restaurants are lovely as well, you get to eat in them both once on your holiday (even if your there for 2 weeks). Not having been told prior to the holiday but all men have to wear trousers for evening meal, even tailored smart shorts were not allowed. which was a little awkward especially when the other half bought only shorts. To me it didnt make sense. I understand they want to keep the standard high but there was no middle ground.
some men looked casual and scruffy and some had shirt and tie. wearing sports trainers/jeans and a vest top or football top to dinner to me is not appropriate. I couldn’t understand why my partner could not wear tailored shorts and a shirt. This is something I feel the hotel should look in to.
The spa treatments are a little pricey but definitely worth it, they were lovely and very relaxing. It’s a must - treat yourself.
Entertainment for me was poor. I personally didn’t like the in-house band JS2 and entertainment of an Abba tribute didn’t really float my boat. It was a case of same same but different. I’m nearly 30 so maybe its tailored more to the "older" generation. The acoustic pair that played on Fridays lunch time were good. Day time activities were relaxed and you didn’t feel you had to join - it’s your usual bar quiz and ping pong competitions.
There were lovely areas to sit and relax in the evening, especially the bar area upstairs.
pool is lovely, nice a big and you never felt it was overcrowded. you did need to reserve your sunbeds but often some came free during day. There were four poster sunbeds around the pool that you need to pay for which I thought were pointless and considering that they were always empty implied to me that they didn’t really work.
you can change your beach towel 3 times in a week which is good.
We hired a car for the day which was brilliant, I recommend the old town, great little shops and restaurants. Car hire is reasonable and we were allowed to bring it back a bit later than normal when we expressed our daily plan.
I know that if you read this it looks very negative but it was an observation. The staff are very friendly and we did have a very relaxing holiday, the atmosphere is very laid back.
The hotel is lovely but I wouldn’t say it’s a 5* more of a very good 4. I wouldn’t go back to this hotel only because I’m not a “repeat” hotelier but I would recommend

Room Tip: Ask for a superior sea view room in the new part of the hotel (not in the main building). Rooms in t...
5  Thank TrueWords2014
AtlanticaImperial, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

We are sorry to hear that the entertainment was not to your personal taste, the entertainment team tries hard to suit everyone’s needs. Your comments will be passed onto the team and this is something that can be looked into for the next season.

We are glad to hear that you found our staff customer service good and that you enjoyed your spa experience.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and your kind comments on our staff, food and hotel facilities.

We hope you have taken home some happy memories of your holiday with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
#2 of 30 in Lindos
Casa Cook Rhodes
Casa Cook Rhodes
#3 of 34 in Kolimbia

Been to Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!