A fabulous holiday at the Atlantica. Although this is billed as a Couples hotel, my friend and I booked to avoid children (she's a teacher, so we have to holiday in the school holidays)!
It's a fantastic hotel with brilliant facilities, and service that is second-to-none throughout the bars, restaurants, reception etc. Food is wonderful in both the main restaurant and the a la carte, with masses of choice each night. After the first evening, Viron our waiter remembered our drink preferences and looked after us for the rest of the holiday - he really was "Viron Spot On"!
The pool and hotel grounds are immaculate and the loungers complete with comfy mattresses a real treat. The little ice-cream treats and ice-cold face towels that are brought round to guests each day are also a really great touch. I'd recommend taking up one of the water sport options included in the AI package - the afternoon spent sea-kayaking was fab, and the people running the beach water-sports were helpful and really friendly and knowledgeable.
The only thing that slightly lets this hotel down is the evening entertainment. It is a little bit "holiday camp" (Abba tribute night, a dance show etc). However, this did not spoil our holiday in any way - we ended up giggling through most parts and still had a great evening! I do appreciate it's difficult to please everyone all of the time, but perhaps a little less of the cheesy shows and hire a couple of quality bands/singers for a few of the evenings. The gala night entertainment was great though, with fireworks and all the staff on stage for a well-deserved thank you. This was a lovely touch, especially as they mingled with guests over champagne and nibbles afterwards. Equally impressive was the fact the hotel's owner ensured that he was waving guests off at each departure time, every day, checking they'd had a great stay - what a fantastic guy who clearly cares about his customers.
A fantastic holiday, and I'd definitely recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantica Imperial Hotel Kolimbia
- Atlantica Imperial Resort Rhodes
- Hotel Atlantica Imperial
- Atlantica Imperial Rhodes
- Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa Rhodes, Greece