“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Atlantica Aegean Blue
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Just returned from a fantastic holiday here. The service was brilliant, hard working and polite staff and the hotel itself is immaculately clean. Positioned on a beach with beautiful water and the food was also excellent. The hotel is described as a 'family resort' and although there is fantastic facilities for children and families it is also a beautiful and relaxing place for couples. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank RP54
Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The manager needs congratulating as his staff are a credit.I have never experienced a hotel when the only person you could fault was the towel woman in the supermarket who was a misery.The other staff could not do enough and the likes of Linda and Terry took so much care to ensure you had a good time.Savvas from Rodos cars was very helpful providing excellent local knowledge.We had a great week and would recommend this hotel as long as you love children.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank humpty1
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just returned from a two week break at this hotel with my wife and two kids aged 4 & 11months.

The hotel is great, we had a sea view family room which was very spacious and comfy! The pool is great but be prepared to get up at eight if you want a sunbed with an umbrella as you will not get one otherwise!

The waterpark is really good and has something for everyone.

Food was good with plenty of choice although we found dinner very chaotic so opted to eat out several times, we did haveone meal in the Asian restaurant which was delicious!

The drinks quality tended to vary but wasn't too bad and the bar staff are really efficient!

The best thing about this hotel is the staff especially at the Thomson kids club and the Thomson crèche, my kids went most days and loved it! Alot of people have mentioned joke and victor from the Belgium kids club and it is true they seemed excellent but the Thomson staff are just as good and of an evening all three kids clubs join together anyway to perform aegean live, it is very samey but the kids love it......especially trollbert, funny and Thomson the dog songs! And everybody loves Choco-o-late!

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank louben21
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have just returned home from a two week family holiday (6th - 20th June); myself, husband and our 9 year old daughter. We can't find one thing that we would want to improve about ths hotel! The staff are all fantastic, very friendly and very hardworking. The hotel and the grounds are kept immaculate and the standards are high. The Tui animation team worked thier socks off to keep everyone entertained and when they weren't busy with a particular activity or show they were busy rehearsing for the next show - they are clearly committed to their jobs and they seem to really enjoy what they do. The food quality and variety was really good. My daughter went to the kids club (Tribe) on several occasions and enjoyed the activities provided by the team. Unlike some of the other reviews I was more than happy that the kids club was held in an air conditioned room and gave my daughter a chance to be out of the mid day sun for a couple of hours, she also looked forward to getting out of the sun and literally chilling out. The water park is a brilliant facility; something for everyone, the lazy river for me and the daredevil ones for my husband and daughter. The hotel is sold by Tui as a family resort and that is exactly what it is - there were lots of families and lots and lots of children. As we packed to leave my daughter realised that she had lost her ipod and she was heartbroken, I didn't hold out much hope of it being found but the reception staff took our details and today we got a call at home to say it had been found and it would be posted out to our home address in the UK - resulting in one very happy girl! Thank you to everyone at the Atlantica Aegean Blue we had a great holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank dawn c
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I went to this hotel with my daughter and her partner and 3 children, aged 12, 14 and 15 on 30th May 2012 and I must say we had an absolutely fantastic time. We arrived at 11.30 at night very tired but reception was great. We were taken to our rooms in a little buggy and when we got there the fridges were filled with sandwiches and cold drinks which was very welcome. The family room (3307) was great, overlooked the pool and sea, two showers, one over bath and one separate. The divider was a brilliant idea, at least the 'olds' had a little bit of privacy. The double room (3306B) was just as good but with one shower. This room had a view of the beautiful Tsambika mountain. I must say I have never had such comfortable beds, and I have travelled to many parts of the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels in my time. What can I say about the staff, well, brilliant. Linda at the top bar couldn't do enough for you. We were waited on every night and she gave us so much information about the area. Terry at the pool bar was hysterical and kept the kids amused with all sorts of tricks when they went for their cokes. Sakis was a great porter and very amusing. Also Diane at the top bar was great. In fact I couldn't fault anyone. We hired a car from Rodos Cars at the hotel and they were brilliant. Even gave us the best routes to travel to Rhodes and Lindos and even told us the best place to park. All in all we had a fabulous time and the Thomson reps couldn't do enough for you. Yes the beach is pebbly, but we knew this before we went and it didn't stop us trying out the snorkelling. The kids loved the water park and spent many hours there. My only gripe is having to pay for the safe, in all other all inclusive hotels I have been to it was included in the price. We will definately put this hotel to the top of our list for returning to. Well done everyone at the Atlantica Aegean Blue for making our holiday great. Oh by the way weather was brill around 27 to 30 all the time we were there.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor in rooms 3306B and 3307. The air con was very quiet and we had no late noi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed there for a week, all inclusive Thomson’s holiday last September. Just to dispel anyone’s fears about the weather at first, although it wasn't a summer, every day was over 30 degrees.
Hotel is located on its own small beach; however deckchairs there are not free of charge (10 euro). Our room was on the second floor with limited sea view and this was an exceptionally good position - far away from noisy families with kids, which were situated in the rooms next to the pool. I must admit that as a couple searching for calmness we were afraid of noise when choosing this particular resort, but completely unfounded fears.
View from the room - whole pool and the sea, was amazing!!! Room also spotlessly clean and spacious, however two twin beds converted into queen size bed were not very comfortable. Pool large, the same as whirlpool bath and there were always free deckchairs, plus water NOT freezing cold which is always crucial for me :)
I disagree with the previous comments about the variety of food, I personally found lunch and dinner quite repetitive, with all the time just one type of olives for example- come on it is Greece :) but the breakfast was lovely the same as the waiters bringing you watermelons if you were sitting next to the pool.
In the walking distance from the hotel there is a lot of souvenir shops, bars and restaurants, but if you want to go to a "normal" shop trip to Rhodes town famous for its architecture is necessarily. We also purchased from a Thomson’s rep excursion to Turkey. Firstly we wanted to buy it somewhere else in Kolymbia, from locals, which is cheaper, however buying in the hotel was so much better and worth every penny, they not only take you to Turkey, but show you the best places and tell you interesting stories.
We had a little problem with the cleaning lady during our stay, because as we all know nowadays all the hotels are leaving nice cards in their bathrooms and rooms describing how they care about environmental issues and if you do not want your towels or bedding to be changed then you have to put it on the hanger etc., I personally really do care and I don't think there is any need of changing everything every day, therefore I tried to keep the room tidy and towels on the hangers, but every time when we put do not disturb note on the door, cleaning lady entered anyway and changed all the towels and bedding, even after speaking to her once that we don't want the cleaning every day. It might sound funny to complain about too much cleaning and I am not very picky, however I'm pointing this out to notify the hotel that their statements are not true and why be bothered by segregating towels if the being eco-friendly hotel is just an advertisement.
Summarising I would with a clear conscience recommend that hotel to anyone - great holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 09031678
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Our original holiday was staying at the 4* Atlantica Princess hotel but on day two of our holiday the Atlantica hotel company offered us a complimentary upgrade to all inclusive at the Atlantica Aegean Blue for the second week of our holiday - thank you Atlantica!
We stayed at the Aegean Blue from 6th to 13th June with our 6 year old daughter and we had a fantastic time.
Rooms - we had a family room above the entrance to the hotel (but had no noise at all from arriving/departing coaches). The room was spacious, recently refurbished and with a huge king size bed of very high quality. We had 20 coathangers - more than double what we have ever previously had. There was plenty of storage space and a payable safe in the room. My husband said the only thing missing was a kettle (but I think he was being overly fussy). The balcony was spacious, again with brand new patio furniture.
Pools - great pools with ample space for all. There is one main form which 'splits' into three separate pools of varying depths so is good for all. There was also a smaller pool, toddlers pool, babies pool and a cool spa pool/jacuzzi.
Poolside entertainment - great and something for everyone who wanted to get involved.
If you wanted to be left alone you could be, but if you wanted to participate, there were fun family games just before lunch and again late afternoon along with acqua aerobics, water polo etc.
Sunbeds - as seems to be the norm almost everywhere, you have to get up early with the masses to ensure that you get a space if you want to be poolside. Sun umbrellas are large, good quality, and fixed. If you don't want to be near to the pool, sun beds were much more readily available on the garden area close to the beach.
Kids - this hotel was fantastic for our 6 year old. The Thomson kids club has just recolated to a brand new purpose build building - spotless, airconditioned. All the games inside were also new. Great fun in there especially the chocolate party, although my daughter preferred the Belgium-operated FUN club which ran in mornings and afternoons. This was brilliantly run by Victor and Joke who organised activities for all nationalities both indoors and outside including in the pool. There are three good playgrounds at the hotel.
Waterpark - this had only opened a few days before we arrived. Spotlessly clean, really good activies for all ages. There is a spray zone for the very little ones ranging to daredevil rides for the grown ups and a big lazy river. The lifeguards on duty were really on the ball. No queues.
Breakfast - served in the main restaurant. This was good quality although as is the norm its always a bit hectic at breakfast time with self service.
Lunch - served at the beach taverna. This was self service (including drinks). The food was always good. The taverna's eating area appears to be new - metal seating and tables and a really subtle shade for all wherever you are seated. If you are hungry for something else a snack bar serving paninis and stuffed croissants was open most days.
Dinner - servied in the main restaurant and it's terrace. All chairs have been replaced, giving it a new feel. Meals were good and varied. In an ideal world I think that the hotel would benefit from a slightly bigger eating area as it was a little crowded in the evening - mostly with families eager to eat before the kids entertainment began.
Guests are entitled to one meal in an a-la-carte restaurant per week. We chose the Italian (Oriental was the alternative) and had the best Italian meal we have eaten in years!
Evening entertainment - for kids this was brilliant. All evening entertainment is run by the TUI/Thomson/Jet reps in collaboration with one another so takes place in at least 3 different languages. It was done well and the kids disco featured fun songs, games, challenges and of course the three mascots who regulary came on stage to perform their theme songs. A huge success with the kids. Adult entertainment was good fun.
Drinks - plenty of them. All local rather than international brands. The drinks service at the bar was fantastic and also really child friendly (as the barstaff served up the kids ice creams).
Staff - really friendly and helpful. So lovely with children.
We would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank WTCRETE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Casa Cook Rhodes
Casa Cook Rhodes
#3 of 34 in Kolimbia

Been to Atlantica Aegean Blue? Share your experiences!