Our family (we have two children under the age of 4) stayed at the hotel for a week in August 2012. Overall it is a fantastic family place! The property is nice and clean. The rooms were clean and fresh. We stayed in a premium, sea side, room on the upper level. (That section of the hotel is newly built and just opened last spring.) Please be advised that the upper level rooms do have a private plunge pool. The lower levels have private pools. (We specifically did not book a room w/ a private pool because we have minor children. However, since the upper rooms have plunge pools we may as well have booked a room w/ a private pool since the "water danger" was there anyway.) The rooms were equipped with things you need when you're traveling with minor children such as a fridge, kettle to heat water in, and a place to hang wet laundry.
The buffet food was absolutely ok. Buffet food isn't exactly the most exciting food but it was definitely decent food. If you wanted more high end food the Greek and Italian a la carte restaurants at the hotel were really good!
As I mentioned above, the place is great if you are traveling with minor kids (most visitors seemed to be). Our kids absolutely loved it. The staff at the kids club was fantastic! And throughout the day on most days there's entertainment for the kids around the pool area such as the "Bamse paraden" or Raj Raj and Coco the clown who makes balloons or teach the kids to juggle. A few nights a week there's also entertainment for the kids at dinner time which keeps the kids busy while their parents can enjoy dinner while watching their kids enjoy the show.
Please keep in mind that this is a place that seems to cater mostly to Scandinavians (at least when we where there)!
The one downside I can think of was the beach. It is a pebble beach, not a sand beach.
So, overall a great place, with super friendly and service minded staff. I can definitely recommend this place to families with children. The location may be a little "off" but that did not bother us since we weren't there for the sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of this hotel offers the most amazing views of the sapphire Mediterranean seas. The perfect place for families and children of all ages. So much to do, no one will ever be bored. If you're travelling with little ones, they'll have a ball splashing around in the children's pool and letting off steam in the playground. Direct access to the beach, club- style facilities and organized activities make the Atlantica Agean Blue the ideal holiday for everyone! Number of rooms :396 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantica Aegean Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel Kolimbia
- Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel
- Hotel Atlantica Aegean Blue
- Atlantica Aegean Blue Rhodes, Greece