Atlantica Aegean Blue
Mistral Hotel(Kolimbia)
US$131
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Delfinia Resort Hotel(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$92
US$106
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Kolymbia Beach Hotel(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
US$161
  • Pool
US$419
  • Pool
1,917 results
All reviewswater parkasian restaurantkids clubsnack barfamily holidayevening entertainmentmain restaurantgreat holidayrhodes townfamily roomall agesice creambaby poolgreat funkids cornerhired a cara la carte
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent 2 weeks in this hotel with our teenage daughters and had a brilliant holiday.
Hotel is very nice with all comfort. Family rooms are large, we were lucky to have a lovely sea view.
Quality and variety of food in main restaurant is very good. We had the chance to use the "dine around" concept and so went to all 8 à la carte restaurants of the Atlantica hotels (including sister hotels, located next door).
Plenty of sunbeds available all day long, including shadow (of trees). If you want a sunbed first row of swimming pool, you might have to get up a little earlier !
Jetair animation team is great, our daughters enjoyed very much. Special thanks to Evelien, Thies and Ben !
Aqua park is also a great plus to this hotel, for children and adults.
Staff of hotel is extremely nice and always helpful with a big smile. Thanks Linda for taking good care of our drinks !
Best Club Family hotel we have done.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Myvote
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Ok it isn't 5* buy its an excellent 4+*.

The staff are excellent and can not fault them in any way. They are funny and polite, the kids loved them.

I found the food to be top draw for mass produced quantities. I had a beef Wellington that was one if the best I have tasted. Sunday roast was like butter in your mouth. Well done.

Location is great and we did hire a car which I recommend you do to see all the island.

I would definetley recommend this hotel and I would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank griltig
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I must agree with the mixed reviews given by others. Thinking back about our holiday in July, we did have a nice time, but it was far from the best holiday ever or a 5 star experience.
Personally I was OK with the room, but my wife found them a bit dated and was disappointed that the cot requested wasn't present the first night we arrived. We did agree though that the mattress was one of the best hotels mattresses ever. We enjoyed the pools, and unlike some reviewers, didn't find it too difficult to find sunbeds even if we only arrived at 10 or 11am (but there were only 2 of us). Even us adults had fun on the slides in the waterpark. Staff were great, especially the guys by the pool bar. Hired a car on one of the really windy days: great experience, drove around southern half of the island. Tsampika beach, just 10 minutes drive south of Aegan Blue, is fantastic. Beautiful sandy beach and shallow seas. Ten times better compared to the miniscule concrete fronted pebble beach at Aegean Blue.

But, there were some things we didn't like. The all-inclusive deals comes at a price: drinks are served in paper cups and are very poor quality. Food is very much along same lines: there is lots of it, but you have to search hard to come across something nice. You would expect greek yoghurt in Greece to be better than the stuff you get at home, but I'm sure the supermarket Value Greek Yoghurt is better than what they served at breakfast. Once had food at the restaurant by the pool, dry pitta meat (looked and tasted like wood shavings) and cheese toastie to ban from the memory. Entertainment, our 2 year old enjoyed it, but as adult couldn't wait till it was over again.

So overall a mixed experience. Didn't have a bad time, but would not come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Having just returned from spending 2 wonderful weeks at this, what I honestly can say a fantastic hotel. Myself, husband and 2 children now have the holiday blues!!! Having read previous reports, I roughly knew what to expect...but I was still blown away. Having arrived late in the evening, we were greeted with a warm welcome. The check in was quick, we were told by the rep on the coach the hotel requests they take your passports at check in. (something I was uncomfortable with) I did raise concerns at the time of check in, they just asked for a few moments to take our passport details. As it was late the security guy took us (by golf buggy) to our room. He was so helpful, showing us where to go for breakfast in the morning, the waterpark and where the most popular spots for the sunbeds around the pool. The hotel made up some sandwiches for us and left them in the fridge - a nice gesture.
We were in a ground floor family room, with sliding doors so our children, aged 9 & 6 had their own space. The room overlooked the end of the pool area (childrens pool) In the past I have always opted for a room away from the main area, but there was no noise issue in the evenings, as the entertainment usually finished around 10.30ish. The room was spacious and very clean.
For the whole 2 weeks we were greeted by smiling friendly staff who all worked so hard. The entertainment staff were real stars!! From early morning until late in the evening they were working hard ensuring guests were enjoying themselves. They made that extra effort with the children, quite often Ben would just jump in the pool and join in with children playing games. (my son was often playing ball games with Ben) There were daily activities on offer, there was no pressure if you didn't want to join in. My son joined in daily and husband even joined in on some activities. Once the entertainment team got to recognise you, they would always call you by your first name (amazing really when you think of how many guests staying in the hotel),
Every evening the "super stars" would come out to screams of delight..... Thomson the Dog, Funny the Monkey and last of all my favourite...Trolley the suitcase!! My daughter absolutely loved this daily show, she would be at the front dancing away, again the entertainment staff would be engaging with the children, making sure they were having fun. How the staff maintained the high level of enthusiasm throughtout the day,is beyond me, but they did and they deserve recognication for this. There was a variety of evening entertainment, which usually ended around 10.30pm. This took place outside, perfect as you had a nice evening breeze to keep you cool.
Hotel staff, like the entertainment staff were always helpful, friendly, polite and again, hard working. The management were always around, I don't think they ever went home!! They even had a management v's guest waterpolo match. Special mentions to: Seva and Nikos who work at the pool bar. Everyday, Seva would have a big smile on her face and genuinely be pleased to see you. Nikos was funny, and was playing jokes on us all. Lastly, Erik, one of the managers, always put a smile on my daughters face. Giving her a cheeky wink!!! Made her day when he was showing us to our table. He always made conversation and asked how we all were.

The waterpark was great, my children thoroughly enjoyed going on all the rides, even if you are not into that sort of thing the hotel pools are good enough. We were able to sit by the pool and keep a close eye on our children safely play, although at times there seemed to be lots of people in the pool, we still had plenty of space to play and swim and unlike previous holidays, I didn't have to get up that early to get a sunlounger. This hotel has plenty of sunloungers to go around.

The restuarant had themed evenings, and the management greeting you each evening, certainnly did their job well, you were made to feel special and that you were the only guest there (even though there was lots of hustle and bustle in the restaurant) I would agree with previous comments about the restaurant in the evenings, it did get very busy and at time chaotic but this is something you would expect with a buffet style eating. I would recommend eating outdoors, as you are away from the hustle and bustle of everyone wandering around and the noise level.
The only negative thing I have to say about the hotel, is the snack bar by the pool, there was little variety on offer and I thought the queue didn't justify the selection of food - more personal opinion really.
Would I recommend this hotel? - Yes!! Would we return? Absolutely!! Already booked for 2014
Thank you everyone at the Agean Blue for making our holiday perfect!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerry T
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks holiday at this hotel a family of 4 with twin girls aged 10.

We arrived at the hotel at 11.00pm and were greeted by the hotel staff with drinks, check in was speedy and we were shown to our room immediately. The room was clean and spacious and had the most comfortable beds and pillows ever. We stayed in room 3309 which is on the top floor overlooking the pool and with sea views. After unpacking we made our way to the restaurant which was open from 11.30 to 12.30 and provided a selection of hot and cold food - this was a nice touch after a long journey.

The pools are clean and there are plenty of sunbeds (if you can't find a sunbed you only need to ask at the pool bar and they will sort it apparently - we never had to do this). There is the usual reserving of sunbeds from 6.30am - to be honest this happens wherever you go, but the reserving of the beds is mainly round the pool area so if this is where you want to be get up early. We returned to the pool after trips out at 1.00pm and 3.30pm and had no problems getting a sunbed by the pool.

The waterpark is fantastic, we went every day and you rarely had to queue for long - there is plenty for the little ones and once your kids are over 1.2m tall they can go on the big slides. Lifeguards are present and were doing there job!

Kids Club - our children went most days, there is a drop off session in the morning 10.00-12.00 and in the afternoon ours went to the "Tribe" session (9-12yr olds). Both our kids thought it was brilliant, the staff were friendly (Thomson team), special mentions to Happy Hannah, Emsie Pemsie, Lively Linds, Tiny Tom, Kung fu Kia, Rocking Rob, Debbie Dooples and Amazing Amy!!!!

We did 2 trips Lindos and beach - which we thought was expensive as it doesn't include the donkey rides or entrance to the Acropolis (didn't realise until we booked), we also did the Pirate Boat (def book if you have kids). On both trips we had Adam (First Choice rep at the Holiday Village) and I have to say he gave 100% on both trips taking the kids of our hands and entertaining them - he came across as someone who clearly loves his job.

Make sure you use the dine around experience - there is a choice of 8 restaurants between this hotel and other adjacent Atlantica hotels. We ate in the Italian in the Holiday Village - fantastic, the Asian in our hotel - not so fantastic - we booked this for our wedding anniversary, service was poor - we were left with a bottle of water for 45 minutes! and the food only just warm - we left before the end of the meal. However the Food & Beverage Manager somehow found out and searched us out the next day in the main restaurant and apologised and offered to book as in the Italian (Atlantica Aegean Blue) with a bottle of wine (decent wine I might add not the inclusive wine you get!) We had a very nice evening - so what could have been a negative was a positive for us because of the way they were straight on it and wanted us to have a good experience.

The town is worth a walk to in the evening (takes 20 mins) or taxi for 5 euros. Recommend the "Carrousel" taverna delicious food. Closer to the hotel opposite the waterpark is "Michels" taverna - we had 2 lovely meals here.

All in all a great holiday - we stayed here as Holiday Village was full when booked and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family