Recently stayed with my family at this resort. We have stayed at 5 star AI resorts before and this hotel is not 5 stars and I will tell you why.
Firstly the check in was chaotic, felt very unorganized. Our room was not ready so we went and had lunch. Food was ok, not great but we had high hopes for dinner!
We then got our room,a family room with stunning sea view. The beds are very comfortable and the cleaning is done properly! U can tell that the hotel is older but nothing that will bother you that much.
There is a little fridge with some complimentary things like 2 bottles of water and soft drinks but this will not be restocked during the rest of the week!
Also you have to pay 20 euros to use the safe?!! That should of course be free since you have paid for the room and also for all inclusive.
They do not provide bottled water around the pool which means you have to refill your water in the snack bar, bars or the restaurant. Well there are two big problems with that, firstly the bar opens at 10 and the snack bar at 11 so if you are like us and are early at the pool there will be nowhere for you to get some water other than to walk all the way up to the restaurant in your bath clothes!!
Secondly, the water you eventually will fill up from the drinking machines taste like pool water, absolutely disgusting! We ended up buying water and it is not expensive but annoying that we even had to!
Lunch is served at the main restaurant and you can also eat at the snack bar but food is very repetitive!
Staff are very friendly everywhere!
Pool area is nice but very crowded and kids everywhere. Beach is not sand and very hard to walk on and it gets deep quickly so not for small children but we knew this beforehand.
Dinner service....well, sadly we were not impressed...it was just ok but we could always find something to eat. What drove us mad was the noise! Not only from all the kids but also from staff clearing dishes at their "stations" a big tip from us, get som sound barriers around their "stations" to minimize the sound. Staff also disturbed our meals every 5 minute so see if they could take our plates. if people are still eating around the table you don't have to come around constantly to clear plates, we always felt rushed and maybe that's the idea as there often was a line to get in and to sit outside.
To sum it up, the hotel is OK but keep your expectations low so that you won't be disappointed.
We will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of this hotel offers the most amazing views of the sapphire Mediterranean seas. The perfect place for families and children of all ages. So much to do, no one will ever be bored. If you're travelling with little ones, they'll have a ball splashing around in the children's pool and letting off steam in the playground. Direct access to the beach, club- style facilities and organized activities make the Atlantica Agean Blue the ideal holiday for everyone! Number of rooms :396 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Atlantica Club Aegean Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel Kolimbia
- Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel
- Hotel Atlantica Aegean Blue
- Atlantica Club Aegean Blue Rhodes, Greece