“Nice holidays in a small family hotel”
Review of Marathon Hotel

and 1 more site!
Marathon Hotel
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very nice relaxing holiday in the beautiful resort of Kolymbia and miles at Marathon with all aspects excellent service. We can definitely recommend it to all who want to spend a perfect holiday at a reasonable price and do not require 5 ***** and waiters in tuxedos. We go to Greece often, so what we have to compare.

Quality hotel accommodation appropriate to the category. We were staying on the first floor, which we believe is the best location. The entrance to the room from the outside walkway on the south side (facing the pool and bar) on which the sun beat down and partly shadowed incredibly huge beautiful Bouganvillia rising up to the roof.

The bathroom , which many criticized in reviews, we felt sufficiently large and fully compliant , water is always warm ( of course, the temperature fluctuated depending on the time of day , which is due to the solar DHW understandable ) and in sufficient quantity, we can never happen that would not flow.

The All Inclusive suits us because we choose only what our tastes, and the amount that we eat . We consider it very inappropriate behavior of some tourists who obviously are not able to estimate the capacity of their stomachs and leave food on the tables of the mountain, which, unfortunately, throws. Lunch and dinner were mainly composed of typical Greek dishes, which suits us, we did not come to Greece for the dumplings and pulp.....Fully to our satisfaction were the drinks - non-alcoholic, that different kinds of sodas, juices and water, as well as alcoholic Very good beer Mythos, as well as tasty (and quite strong) wine (red and white).

Excellent service from all staff - thanks for all. In the hotel work people from Czech, Slovak, Poland, Greece and we do not know from which other countries. It was nice for us, cause we could choose the language in which we know how to communicate!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Daniela V

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I went to this hotel for a week with my partner. I was a warm and friendly hotel. staff were helpful. always something I liked to eat at meal times. situated close to bars and lots of shops. 5 min walk to beach... I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday close to beach etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just returned from a great family holiday at this hotel,Food was great the staff where excellent.room clean and tidy .Just remember when booking you are paying for a 3 star not a 5 star .I would highly recommend this hotel for a family .yes the hotel is quiet in the evenings but the kids thought the music played around the pool bar was fine .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank kevin591
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We chose this hotel for our honeymoon in late September and we were very satisfied. It is a three-star hotel, so don't expect much luxury. It is friendly though with good (and a lot of) food. Sometimes we didn't like the meals and we just ate a Greek salad and Tzaziki (always available). With all inclusive you get free drinks at the pool bar and wonderful ice-cream between 3-5 p.m. Kolimpia is situated between towns of Lindos and Rhodes, which are totally worth seeing! Use the buses (3,5 € for a ride) and take things for swimming - especially Lindos bay was great :)

Room Tip: We stayed at number 200 house and we heard music from the pool bar and also from a neighbouring bar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 483AdelaJ
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July 5 adults 1 child it was a basic hotel with no entertainment at all, pool was nice, drinks were not they a all tasted the same. Food was at times inedible( the local take away did a roaring trade with us). The staff were friendly enough and the, location was good for the bars and shops, memories bar is a good night out and just across the road. I would not go back to this resort or hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank 315Chrissie57
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Just returned from a great two week stay at the Marathon Hotel with my husband and daughter (Adult).. Before leaving home I had read reviews on tripadvisor and was very apprehensive about what to expect. I need not have worried, everything exceeded my expectations. The staff were all brilliant and the few problems we did have were sorted out quickly and efficiently. Our rooms were clean and towels and beds were changed regularly. Bins were emptied daily. The bathroom though small was adequate for our needs - (a note to Mick (A previous reviewer) I have yet to see a Greek shower that you don't hold in your hand! - and why on earth did he need to stand on one leg!) The staff all worked hard for long hours but always had a smile on their faces. Food was very good and there was always a good choice. The salads were well presented and always fresh. Contrary to Mick's review, deserts did not just consist of fruit; there was always jelly or crème brulle and also cake or baklava on various occasions. As my husband and daughter would tell you I am a "Fussy Eater" but even I could find something I liked and was usually spoilt for choice; I never once left the dining room hungry. If you want fish and chips every meal then stay at home and go to Blackpool. We as a family have travelled to many different countries and have been to lots of hotels some good and some awful; Some we couldn't wait to get away from; We would not hesitate to go back to the Marathon, we had a lovely time and met some lovely people. The reviewer Mick who also posted some pictures arrived the same day as us and left at the end of our 1st week, he did nothing but complain to anyone who would listen to him. If you want 5* accommodation and food then pay 5* prices! The Marathon is a good 3* hotel and well worth the price we paid for two weeks "All Inclusive". My only negative comment would be that the beds were rather hard but that's better than being too soft and we only had one pillow each - two would have been nice, but they were insignificant problems that did no way detract from our enjoyment of the holiday. We would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable and a special thanks to "Big John" who was on nights on reception and who was so helpful when we had problems with our airport transfer on the last night.

Room Tip: Some rooms near the pool can be a little noisy at night from the bar next door so if you have young...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank KathM107
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was expecting a star below the Spanish hotels we usually stay in but nothing as BAD AS THIS HOTEL. It`s like turning the clock back 40 years We went with Olympic Holidays and put in a tatty room with an old A/C unit doing battle with the heat in the corner and sounding like a Blast Furnace. There was an old ice cream container outside to catch the condensate which I had to empty every morning, The room had been painted over to hide God knows what and all the cheap furniture was chipped and scratched and sticking in their various units. The bathroom was full of mildew and the bath was half English size with a mixer tap and hand held spray nozzle. I have never had a shower standing on one leg while spraying various parts of my nether regions with a mucky old hose pipe. If the wife forgot to change the mixer tap from hosepipe to tap and the you went for a shower,,,,,,,,Like trying to catch a King Cobra in the Monsoon and about as dangerous Luckily I already have False Teeth, The TV was like something you have taken to the dump 5 years ago. The pool area was surrounded by Sunbeds repaired with metal strips.The pool was complimented by Bathroom tiles Guaranteed to make you slip over. Now The Food.......Absolutely Horrible. The cheapest rubbish I have ever seen...........And you see it often........Breakfast reappears at lunch and dinner........Tired old salads and meatloaf made out of leftovers. The dessert table is just grapes,peaches and melon Every Day. There is no entertainment on an evening and the drinks from the only bar are ALWAYS served in half washed plastic glasses.....They have more water in them than the Adriatic.If the price we were charged was halfed I mighy not be ranting on so much. All in all an awful week in this hotel..............Sattelite TV was.....You have guessed it The News........Please don`t ignore this as sour grapes I go on lots of holidays but this one was bad.
My Advice Stay Away

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank mickmckeone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Golden Odyssey Kolimbia
#13 of 34 in Kolimbia
Olive Garden Hotel
Olive Garden Hotel
#5 of 14 in Lardos

Been to Marathon Hotel? Share your experiences!