“Value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Kolimbia
Aalborg, Denmark
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We visited Mikri Polis in late September 2013. And despite that it was just before the end of season, the staff were still on their toes, very polite and very service minded. The Animation team, which we didnt attend, were very professional, and was full of respect if you didnt wanted to participate. The food in the big restaurant, were varied, and you could find something new every day. Probably the best "all inclusive" food we have had. But the wine in the buffet, "both red and White" tasted like lemonade, so we only drank beer or bought a bottle, and that should not be necessary. The Pool snackbar was ok for a quick lunch in your swimwear. You can visit the Greek BBQ restaurant once during your stay, for free that is. If you want to visit Again you must pay 2€ per person. Worth every €, great BBQ.
Pool aeras were super (we visited 3 out of 6), lots of free chairs and plenty of room for everybody. Waterpark were almost empty, but great fun. At the private Beach area, you have to pay 4€ a chair, but the beer and Water is free (bring a big cup from the pool area).
The resort is very clean and well maintained.
Good value for Money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jens26b

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from our stay at the Mikri Poli and we thoroughly enjoyed it!
The hotel is lovely!
Pools really nice - if not a little cold but that normal for this time of year and once you are in it's lovely!
Water park is fab - disappointed that we had to pay as with it being 'AI' you would expect it to be included, wouldn't you?!...
Rooms, again nice although we had two single beds pushed together which is a shame but didn't ruin it really! The rooms are big and clean and modern/ish - we were in the 'seal' block room 167 over looking the sea and had a massive terrace which lead on to the grass which was perfect for our children.
Food - this was ok - always hot and the grill was lovely but got repetitive towards the end of the week! The BBQ restaurant is really nice and worth a visit! It's free once and then only €2 extra - you need to book early though!
Entertainment - again only ok! The mini disco for kids is good and the team do work really hard but it's very basic!
The beach isn't great but there is a really nice one 15 mins walk away.
Overall I would say that the mikri poli is a 4* and that's maximum! It's no way a 5* this is because of the food and the fact that you have to pay for most things which you would expect to be included!
The resort is about 10 min walk, not much to do and is purpose built! I didnt really rate kolymbia as a village to be honest - if you want 'Greek' Greece then don't go to kolymbia but If you are looking for a reasonably priced AI hotel then Mikri poli is an ok choice!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Danielle1982w
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is the first feedback on trip advisor I have ever left and I feel that it must. We have just returned from Mikri Poli Rhodes and if you are thinking of going there with children then you cannot go far wrong! The place is fab, in many areas it is exactly what you would expect from an all incl. the food is fine if not a tad tiresome after a while, the drink is generic and not really that nice, but acceptable. The bar closes at 11pm on the dot, though a payable option in the reception bar continues til the early hours. The place is clean and the facilities are good. The water park which is chargeable is fabulous, not too big and intimidating, recently opened its very new and clean. The local beach is very pebbly but the water is crystal clear and they have the usual options to hire, speed boats peddalos etc. I went with my husband and children and my sister and her family, so the need to mix with others didn’t come about, however there are very few Brits, a real mixed bag of nationalities, which is fine by me, other than the towel issue on the sunbeds reserving done by others, which lures you into having to behave in the same way in order to secure one. It is not for those reasons I have given such a high rating, it’s for the staff, mostly the animation team, who were outstanding. The entertainment was wonderful for the children, the team are attentive and made such enormous efforts with the children that is because of them I am compelled to write this. They do many activities, along with a mini disco and then perform a show. They work so hard and make everyone feel valued and important. They too were of mixed nationality, mostly Italian, they all spoke a variety of languages and perfect English. If I was single this wouldn’t be for me, but once you except that holidays when you are married with kids will never quite be the same again, well this is about as perfect as it gets. My children along with my sisters children had the best holiday they have ever had, so by definition, so did we. A huge thanks to the animation team, you were brilliant!

Room Tip: try to be near to the main pool, then you will be close to all the amenities
4 Thank sally g
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I must say I don't really get where some of the other reviews here are coming from. I thought that, for the amount of money paid, the Mikri Poli was really excellent value. It was very family friendly and the rooms were clean, comfortable and relatively spacious (we were in a family room albeit with a nice separate area with a divider from our bedspace). The food was plentiful and there was a wide choice at every meal. The pools were excellent (if a tiny bit cold). The sea was literally across the road and was very clean (visibility reduced according to busyness or if the wind was higher but that is normal anywhere).

In the interests of full disclosure, they put us in a standard room on the first night in error when we had paid for a superior room but couldn't have been more apologetic. And indeed, when they showed us to the superior room the following day, we decided to stay where we were as we preferred the location (the difference between the rooms was very minor but the superior/sea view rooms were much further from the restaurant and main pool). I might have been miffed if we'd been asked to pay for safe/waterpark/aircon but we weren't (I suspect this was a concession due to the error I mentioned above).

We didn't get involved much with the animation team but they were always very friendly and tried to engage with our kids whenever they were playing around the main pool. The couple of shows we saw in the evenings were very entertaining. The onsite car rental people were very friendly and made the experience of renting very easy. Car rental was also pretty cheap at about £70 for two days with full insurance.

All in all we had a great trip and would recommend the hotel to any friends with kids going to Rhodes. We found Kolymbia to be a pleasant little town and, being half way between Rhodes and Lindos, was perfect for day trips.

In some context, we met another couple while scuba diving who had paid twice as much for their hotel in Kolymbia and it didn't sound like it was all that much better. We don't tend to go to the same place twice but if we were ever to go back to Rhodes I would not be averse to staying in the same place again!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are quieter but a little far from the main pool and restaurant/bars.
2 Thank Trev550
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there in august. Good and clean rooms, nice family rooms. Perfect pools and amazing waterpark for free. But service and entertainment horrible, food OK but you have to pay for everything - in an all inclusive resort. For internet, cofee, safe, towels, water - madness. Plus the sea is horrible, no sand and very dorty water. You need to hire a car and drive to nearby beaches...

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michalstadler
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hi all
As my last review for this hotel, where can I start staff, reception, food and best of all the animation team?
It is a great place for a family with kids to spend their holidays, with me and three kids age 6, 5, and 3 they love it specially the mini club girls god bless them they looked after my kids’ very well. And give me and my wife a break to be together Love it.
What about the water park it was a great idea to build it, it wasn’t there last year and we had a fabulous time.
Which is this time we didn't even need to leave the hotel, we spent two weeks there we did not go anywhere, which we didn't need to leave the hotel. As everything were there, food, drink and activity.
There is nothing wrong with the hotel, if you want to book it don't hesitate. Thank you guy’s for giving my family for the second time a great time, hope to be back again next year, they became as a family you have to visit them every year. Hahahahahah
Just do it

3 Thank khoshaba
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. We have just returned from a 12 night holiday (me, husband and 2 kids aged 10 and 12). The room was perfect, even after booking a land view we got a room with a beautiful sea view. The food was amazing ! So much choice and so much food. The entertainment was great too. The animation team work so hard to make sure you have a good time. Thanks to Luca, guilia and particularly Manu, who were fantastic in the shows at night and sports during the day.
The reception team could not do enough for us with special mention of magda and george!
This is a hotel which we will seriously consider coming to again and all the people we met there agreed. If you want to experience 'butlins' with only English people but with good weather, then this is not the place for you. It was amazing meeting people from austria, Denmark, Germany, Poland and others. There were a couple of other English families but I cannot stress how lovely it was not to be overrun by all English. After all you are in another country, if I wanted that, I would have gone to butlins!
Overall, a fantastic holiday at a great hotel ! Will definafely return !

2 Thank capribaby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa
Labranda Blue Bay Resort
Labranda Blue Bay Resort
#24 of 32 in Ialyssos
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,532 reviews

Been to Mikri Poli Rhodos Resort? Share your experiences!