Loutanis Hotel
US$159
Hotels.com
US$185
US$179
SunConnect Kolymbia Star(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
US$90
Marathon Hotel(Kolimbia)
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmanager mariadont listencheap breakbeer and winerooms were cleanedthe hotel offersstayed here for a weekcleaned dailylots of choicepudding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

rooms where dirty food was terible staff arogant what more can u say the worst holiday of my life realy disgusted with it wouldent wish it on anyone the bed was a block of concereat with a mttress on top kids couldent eat the food couldent wait to come home gd luck if u goin there george

Room Tip: not this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank george b
Reviewed 27 July 2014

my husband and i just came back from an 11 nt stay, the hotel is nice enough, clean, good pools and decent food, however, the first night we were woke up all night by loud banging (it sounded like a door being slammed hard and very loud) it turns out its the pipes from the bathrooms in the walls making these noises, staff at front desk acted as though they didnt know what we were compaining about. They wouldnt move us, but i dont know if this would have helped or not as i thought in the night during my many sleepless hours i could hear the noise distantly happening in other rooms, to conclude nice hotel but no sleep,also instead of a 1/2 hour transfer we were taken all over rhodes and it took 2hours to get us to the airport, will never recommend it for these reasons

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon b
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was slightly worried about staying at the Loutanis with my daughter. However I was pleasantly surprised by polite, friendly staff, good sized clean rooms and rather nice food! Basic but it is after all a Greek 3* hotel!

The room was cleaned everyday, bedding changed every other day. The bathroom, cleaned everyday and towels changed. I had a shower curtain... The mixer tap shower had a hook on the wall to hang so I didn't have to hold it...felt just like a normal shower! I did pay for air conditioning-an extra €5 a day but the hotel was so cheap I really didn't mind.

The food was fine. Breakfast was a choice of small frankfurter type sausages with eggs and beans. Or muesli, cornflakes, bread, cakes, fruit (abundant fruit!) Greek yoghurt, honey, etc etc. I had Greek yogurt and honey everyday. Lovely! Also a selection of coffee, tea, green tea and cold drinks.

I never stuck around to have lunch there (beautiful Greek Island. Far to much to see and do!). The evening meal selection was fine. A mix of Greek foods, chips, fruit, bread and desserts.

I honestly don't understand the criticism the hotel has received. It honestly is absolutely fine. Not 5* but it doesn't try to be. The location is quiet, away from the pubs etc. It's a quick walk to the closest beach-which is lovely. A ten minute walk to the other beaches where you can find the boat trips etc. The Kolympia Express is a day out worth taking; up to Lindos for a few hours, then a trip round the best beaches on that part of the coast.

The Gelato di Bello, an ice cream parlour passed on the way to Kolimbia village, is well worth popping in to. Fantastic selection of ice creams and desserts. Wonderfully friendly staff. Great stuff!

All in all, I had a really lovely stay at the Loutanis. (Forgot to mention-Monday evening they put on Greek entertainment. So much fun!) Maybe it's not the sort of hotel you'd want to spend getting trollied and sunbathing by the pool all day. It's perfect as a "base" though and I recommend it thoroughly to people who intend to do just that.

Room Tip: Was in room 203. Perfect. :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank MaisieDaisy77
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks and have to say I don't know why the hotel has all these bad reviews. You have to remember that this is a 3 star budget hotel and if you want top food and alcohol is high on your list of priorities then stop winging and pay out for a 5 star hotel!
We arrived in the early hours and were shown to our room which was very clean. Beds were comfy enough and the bed linen and towels were changed every day except Sunday. Rooms were basic and the shower had no curtain but this is standard in a lot of Greek hotels, it was so hot that the water on the floor soon dried up anyway. We never had a problem with hot water all the time we were there.
No hairdryer in the room but for a five euro deposit you can hire them from reception. Safe hire was 2 euro a day and aircon was 5 euro...we didn't bother with this until the end of the second week.
Mossies can be a problem so make sure you take insect repellent with you and you will be fine.
There was a free Greek night at the hotel one night which was fun with traditional dancing and music.
The staff were, without exception, polite and helpful. I could not believe the amount of abuse they have to put up with, much of which seems to be around the serving of alcohol. It is clearly stated that the all inclusive ends at 10.30 yet people were queuing up just before this and then complaining because they had to pay after 10.30! Then they would shout at the staff, usually the poor girl on reception who had the patience of a saint. I also witnessed the incident that has previously been mentioned and was appalled by the way the staff member was getting abused...the person concerned should be ashamed of themselves. The only noise and hassle that I saw seemed to be coming from drunk holiday makers who were shouting about the all inclusive drinks policy!
Even the so-called "fat controller" was friendly and helpful and a simple please and thank you goes a long way. The staff were always busy and worked extremely hard.
The food was nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Breakfast was 7-9.30 and consisted of eggs (boiled, scrambled and fried) frankfurter sausages, beans and a variety of breads/toasts. There was also the traditional Greek breakfast of meats and cheeses with melon, also yoghurt and honey and biscuits. I cannot really comment on lunch as we only had that once, we were out for most of the time during the day. But what we had was fine. Dinner was 6.30-8.30 and there was always lots of salad and potato options. There was a variety of meats available and things like moussaka and stuffed peppers. My friend is a fussy eater and I can honestly say she never went hungry. Desserts were also fine.
It was a short walk to the main street called Eucolyptus Drive where there were shops, bars and a supermarket. From there it was another 5 minutes to the beach. Local buses are cheap and airconditioned, you can get to Rhodes Town (a must to visit) for 3.50 euro.
We hired a car from Rodos Cars, 75 euro for 3 days and in that time drove all over the island. Highly recommend doing this if your idea of a holiday is not just sitting around the pool drinking all day. The island of Rhodes is very beautiful, we found some lovely out of the way tavernas and beautiful beaches with nobody on them. Prasonisi is well worth a visit, it's a beach with two coastlines right on the Southern tip of the island. Nearby at Monolithia is a beautiful monastery hidden on a hill which is absolutely stunning.
There is a lovely little beach which is in a harbour, the shuttle bus goes there from the hotel every hour and picks you up again. Instead of going onto the main beach which is pebbly this little gem is all sand and has a fabulous beach bar which serves good cheap food. There are boats going from this little harbour to Lindos and they pause for a swim stop on the way back.
Several people at the hotel were saying they hadn't been to the beach because it was horrible...how wrong they were! I can't believe that people will go away to a beautiful Greek island and spend the entire time inside the hotel moaning about the food, the beaches, the rooms...etc etc etc...without ever going to have a look for themselves.
All in all we had a lovely two weeks and the hotel was fine so please don't worry if you have booked to go here. As I say I really don't know what all the fuss is about...

Room Tip: We were near to reception on 2nd floor and our room was fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank ljpixie
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my husband stayed here from 2nd-9th july, our experience was pleasant, the hotel was a small, quiet,friendly, 3*, basic BUT CLEAN place! This is NOT the place to go if you like to be highly intoxicated off the all inclusive alcohol, the reason they only served 2drinks per person is so that people didnt abuse the system and the place was relaxed and controlled. The food was absolutley fine, a fair amount of choice always a nice fresh salad, always a couple of potatoe choices, always a couple of meat choices... Chips/bread/veg/rice/desserts.. What more do you want for a low cost 3* holiday??? If you are particular with food/standards then pleasw remember this is a small greek hotel you get what you pay for! Peaceful location out of the way, however, within a 1minute walk you're on the main street (plenty of bars/restaraunts/shops) bars pretty quiet at night, good music good drinks but not many people in them. Within an 8minute walk you're on the beach, the sand is a little pebbly and about 1meter of the sea is pebbly then you're in beautiful clean clear water with soft sand beneath you're feet.
The 'fat controller' was actually a lovely guy!!! We were friendly and polite to him, we got nothing less in return.
We saw alot of people being rude, verbally abusive and stealing from his hotel!! He seems a very strict man in the sense he wants to keep his hotel a calm quiet enjoyable place... Who can blame him??
For those people who are particular and looking for super high standards... Dont visit this hotel, for those who are looking for a cheap, basic, quiet hotel with spacious rooms 3* standards.. You should deffinatley give it a try.
Rooms cleaned daily fresh bedding/towels/toilet paper.
Swimming pool could have been abit cleaner and struggled to get hot water around tea time (5pm-6.30pm) apart from that good little budget holiday. gorgeous weather, friendly staff who booked our boat trips, taxis, airport transfers... All you have to do is ask politley!!

• Stayed: July 2014