“Worst hotel ever!!”
Review of Loutanis Hotel

Loutanis Hotel
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks and it was possibly the worst place we have ever stayed! The rooms are like prison cells.....concrete slabs for beds with the thinnest mattress on so very uncomfortable. Shower was just a square on the floor next to the toilet with no shower curtain and no hook on the wall for the shower head! No hot water for 6 days and when they finally got it working, it lasted 5 minutes and then we had no water at all!

The food was awful and drinks are watered down massively. On the plus side the barman during the day was extremely nice and very accommodating, even though the staff are treated very badly by the "fat controller" and his miserable wife. If the owner or a member of his family wanted a drink, the bar staff have to neglect the customers and serve them as a priority. A red laser to their head normally got their attention to do this as they cant even be bothered to go to the bar! Unbelievable!

Made a complaint to the owners wife and she walked away half way through the complaint! Very unprofessional! The owner was the most arrogant man you could ever meet, even saying hello in Greek to him he just looked away and completely ignored us. The barman was bought a thank you gift by a guest on their last day and this was instantly taken away from him by the owner and was told it was now his!!

If you are an animal lover, definitely not the place to stay. There was a poor harmless cat who wondered the grounds of the hotel....well he did anyway until a member of staff football kicked him in the head in front of the guests. Disgusting behaviour!!

Would definitely not recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaStre
There are newer reviews for Loutanis Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 26.07-03.08 and we are pleased.
If you are waiting something special or extra-well service as for 5* you should find out another place. This is 3* budget Al hotel.
Room is clean. Bathroom also. Towels are changed everyday. And bed about tree times per week. All facilities work. But if your room looks out to the street get ready for night transfer buses – they are noisy especially at night.
Food. Eggs in different ways, beans in sauce, sausage, muesli, greek yogurt, jams, honey, any fruits, bread for breakfast – I think it's enough to don't be hungry. Lunch and dinner are served enough dishes to choose from. Not everything was tasty for me, but I never left hungry.
Drinks. Coffee, tea, orangeade, water for a breakfast; water, beer (not bad), wine (not watered as someone said), orangeade for lunch and dinner.
This hotel isn't close to the any beach. It's about 10-20 minutes of lazy walk. By the way you can buy some souvenirs... And the hotel offers a shuttle service to the beach.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was one of the people that read reviews on here before I went & was expecting the hotel from hell!!!! It was my first holiday with just me & my 2 boyz (11 & 9) we arrived at about 1.15am on 24/07/14 & were made to feel welcome from the second we got there. The "fat controller" was continuously polite said hello & hi fived the boyz every time we saw him. The staff are a credit to the hotel, right from the cleaners (the whole hotel is cleaned every morning perhaps when some people are still in bed!!) to the bar/restaurant/reception staff who at times aren't spoken to very nicely, I was always bought up with good manners & a little politeness goes a long way, simply a please or thank you gets a smile or a your welcome from the staff. Our room was pleasant enough you do after all only sleep & wash in there, I did pay for air con & used the brains I was born with & took the key off my room key so the room was kept cool.The food although not the best I've ever had & certainly not the worst was plentiful; fruit, hams, cheese, breads, delicious greek yoghurt, honey, jam, cereals, eggs, beans & sausages for breakfast, lunch was lots of salads, potatoes, pasta, meats, nice local puddings & fruit, dinner pretty much the same but a good variety. I would advise anyone to buy the homemade ice cream cones from the pool bar at €1 each they're a bargain, we never saw the bar shut & spent about 3/4 days around the clean pool area, the pool is cleaned every night as we saw the man arrive on his motorbike & treat the water. There's a minibus that can take u to one of 2 beaches, Liminaki is beautiful, one side is a mixture of stones & sand & the other is just soft sand & clear warm water, Kolymbia beach although nice is stony but still lovely clear water. The town is a very short walk away & the ice cream waffle & crepe bar called "gelato di bello" is fab. I paid £900 for us to stay & never felt hard done by, if ur looking for a cheap getaway stay here :-) .

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Katie436
Reviewed 4 August 2014

do not go to this hotel all the reviews written are ture worst hotel I have ever stayed in no air con unless you pay for it drinks 10.30 - 10.30 no spirits until 5.30 no drinks served at all between 9.30 and 10.30 ice creams 1 euro not included as stated. I would not stay here if it was free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2014

literally just got back the morning form here: stayed 1 week
This hotel was meant to be AI.. that's a joke
Firstly we didn't bring towels with us as with AI they are usually included...not here 3 euros each towel, we had to buy 2 towels.
Our room... well....shower head broken, the room was dirty, it was dark and dingy.
Air con usually included... not here.. cost us 30 euros and when our unit was broken, We had at least 2ltrs of water caught in a bucket dripping from the unit overnight. I had to fight the management for 2 days and five complaints to get moved rooms.
Then they attached the key to our door key so we couldn't keep the air con on(that we paid for).
our garden view was someone else balcony but the second room view of the car park was much better...at least the room had light.
Drinks....well... water juice and tea/coffee served at breakfast 7.30-9-30 then nothing till 10.30. After then we were only allowed beer or wine or tea/coffee until 5.00
The bar the closed completely till 5.45 after which we could get cocktails till 10.30...outside these times you had to pay!
Most days it was in the high 30's not being able to drink even water at certain times is barbaric.,
The food!!!!! I work in catering and the food here was well below standard. it was reheated, cold and bland. completely disgusting, so much so that we had to eat out of the hotel.
We only took a small amount of cash with us and had to get family member to transfer money so we could eat.
Beach... well it certainly wasn't 500 mtres away... more like 1500 mtres. My husband has fallen arches in his feet and struggles to walk long distances. we had to stop and sit 3/4 times to reach the beach.
This holiday was booked as it is our 25th anniversary and we were really looking forward to it...Paying £440 each for this hovel is outrageous.
The staff were miserable and unhelpful. The Hotel owner sat at the bar, barking his orders and was damn right rude to both guests and his staff.
Our second room was not cleaned, we had no clean towels or bedding throughout our stay, we used our own.
There was a dead bug in our bathroom that spent the whole week with us!!!!
Doors bang constantly, keeping us awake. the manager was always slamming the door to his room or office.
The pool area is dirty, the sunbed covers are ripped and worn, there is too much chlorine in the pool and brollies are broken or missing. and never saw the pool cleaned once.
Over all this hotel is not up to standard. no where near. I am upset and disappointed that We paid for a AI holiday and ended up self catering.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amandamU2848ZO
Reviewed 1 August 2014

on one of our last days me and me pal thought it would be a super ace idea to go sit round the pool after dinner and we just some some kid do a rate sloppy one in the pool and nobody even cleaned it up so i would deffo give this hotel a 10/10 mate

also stay out of the way of the guy that runs this place he's very unpleasant and doesnt let u take orange juice out of the cafe he made me and my mate cry :(

Room Tip: theyre all the same so i wouldn't bother paying more money because it dont make a difference
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JefferyHaroldson
Reviewed 30 July 2014

rooms where dirty food was terible staff arogant what more can u say the worst holiday of my life realy disgusted with it wouldent wish it on anyone the bed was a block of concereat with a mttress on top kids couldent eat the food couldent wait to come home gd luck if u goin there george

Room Tip: not this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank george b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
#5 of 5 in Koskinou
Golden Odyssey Kolimbia
Golden Odyssey Kolimbia
#12 of 34 in Kolimbia

Been to Loutanis Hotel? Share your experiences!