“A wonderful dinning experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Pascalo

Ristorante Pascalo
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Pascalo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$35 - US$64
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a place where we celebrate the art, cuisine and convivialita.Dove those who are not in a hurry and the benvenuto.Tra the walls of a local historical Vietri, a new interpretation of the restoration, made ​​of colors, flavors, discoveries, traditions and feelings
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

My wife and I were honeymooning in Europe all throughout the month of September in 2011. Nearing the end of September, we found ourselves in Vietri. Italy was our third country and Vietri must of been our 7th city in last two and half weeks. You can imagine how tired we were from travelling but also from being targeted by local merchants as easy money.

An alarm went off in my head when my wife pointed to Pascalo's as her choice for lunch as we were walking back from the beach. We had recently been victims of an Italian Hussler and I was well aware of the possibility of walking into another tourist trap.

I folded to my wife's persistence to go there. I had opted to my wife to buy a couple of sandwiches from the man who rents sun chairs at the beach, but she was adamant not to peruse that option.

My wife ended up being right. The food was fresh and well prepared. The prices were excellent for the quality of the food. We ended up going back for dinner the following night. Pascalo and his wife came out and spoke to us that second night. They offered us free desert. I got to see something that I had not seen much throughout my trip at this point. These europeans were actually passionate about the work they did.

I was happy to have my last dinner in the Amalfi coast at Pascalo's. The evening before we dinned in Positano at La Cambusa. I can tell you that Pascalo's is a far more memorable experience.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Dion V

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very tasty food very friendly restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Pascalo, just one of those wonderfull restaurants one loves to find in Italy. Pascal himself was there, ready to explain the food, just a great guy and a great cook. Our boys loved it and we went back the next nice for more. Thank you Pascal! Great value too; very well priced for the style of cooking.

• Visited January 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I relocated to Vietri sul Mare just days ago and was without a car so I went walking to look for a place to eat. Maria, the wife of the owner, speaks several languages and is very nice and friendly. Manuel, who works as a waiter/busboy was also extremely friendly. I ate food recommended by them to me and I must say it was beyond outstanding, The portions are generous but not too much and the food was just delicious. I was so tired of pizza and pasta every day that this was a welcome break. Maria brought out her husband Pasquale, who is the owner and the chef. As they were closing for lunch he joined me and we chatted a while and he was friendly and outgoing as was everyone. Pasquale was generous enough to give me a dining guide, a map of the city and a bottle of the house wine, which was also very easy to drink and very smooth.

I am not a food critic but I know good food when I eat it and as a frequent contributor to Trip Advisor I am usually pretty hard on places so I am surprised to see the negative comments. This is a quaint restaurant and well appointed with immaculate tables and clean bathrooms as well as very friendly and attentive staff. I would highly recommend you visit for yourself and form your own opinion but as far as getting away from the pizza and pasta, which is a staple, this is extremely good food and a nice change.

• Visited November 2011
London
“Unacceptable standard of cooking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband, who is from the Amalfi coast, and I had lunch at Pascalo on the basis of the solid recommendations on Trip Advisor last week. We have lived abroad for some years and enjoy trying out new places on the coast we may have never heard of.

Pascalo, I am afraid, was a big disappointment. The service, as previous reviews have underscored, is an issue. The waitress is extremely tense. As she took orders she kept telling all the clients how fresh everything was and explaining why items on the menu were actually never available because it's better for a small restaurant to have a few choices of fresh seafood. That's fine. But the way she kept emphasising it made everyone nervous. She also kept fighting with Pascalo, the owner, and we could hear shouts from the kitchen, which didn't help the atmosphere.

The food, however, was by far Pascalo's greatest failing. We wanted to like this place, we really did, but we couldn't. The antipasti were mediocre: edible but not something you'd wish to have again and some of the non-fish stuff was stale. My pasta al pomodoro (the only non seafood choice they offered) was disgusting --and I don't use this word lightly. It's such a basic dish and requires only a little attention to shine: some garlic, basil, good-quality olive oil and fresh tomatoes. Instead it consisted of chopped-up supermarket tomatoes (not peeled and not given enough time to reduce properly) and some low-quality parmesan. The pasta was lacking salt, there was parsley instead of basil. It was the worst pasta dish I have eaten in years and I am not a picky eater.

My husband's fish soup -- highly recommended by the waitress-- was almost inedible. The whole fish in it was so small he spent ages trying to take the bones out and find some flesh. The flavours were flat.

The dessert was ok. But the bill, at 50 euros (including water, and a glass of wine) was unacceptably high for the area. We ate much better on following days for less money.

I would like to find something to say to redeem this place because they are clearly trying to do something and are stressed about their position on Trip Advisor. But I honestly cannot. The standards of this place are unacceptable. The prices are exaggerated and the Italian reviews of it greatly inflated.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank keen_to_discover
Vallda
“Outstanding food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

We had a full corse dinner with three dishes and all wine and water included. The food was all seafood, excellent taste and a lot of food, The wine was perfect with the food, and there was plenty of botled water to drink. All in all it cost 20 Euro/person.