“Surprise!”
Review of Ristorante Pascalo

Ristorante Pascalo
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Pascalo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$35 - US$64
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This is a place where we celebrate the art, cuisine and convivialita.Dove those who are not in a hurry and the benvenuto.Tra the walls of a local historical Vietri, a new interpretation of the restoration, made ​​of colors, flavors, discoveries, traditions and feelings
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Surprise!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We wandered along a desolote beachfront trying to imagine how different the area must be in full holiday season.

With very few people about and several empty restaurants it wasn't the easiest decision on where to eat other than our daughter wanted calamari.

Have to say we were surprised and delighted with our choice.

BBQ prawns were big and juicy with a hint of BBQ. Calamari was soft and lightly cooked.

Lovely service too.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“What a SURPRISE”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We are just looking for a not so touristic trap, get to this place by pure coincidence and got one of the best meals in Italy after having dine at great restaurants in Rome.... amazing
All of it was exquisite and to die was their eggplant parmigiana... we repeated the dish, it was that good!.

We even witnessed the fight between the couple and the mama in the kitchen,it was that Italy we never see besides the movies.

• Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful dinning experience”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My wife and I were honeymooning in Europe all throughout the month of September in 2011. Nearing the end of September, we found ourselves in Vietri. Italy was our third country and Vietri must of been our 7th city in last two and half weeks. You can imagine how tired we were from travelling but also from being targeted by local merchants as easy money.

An alarm went off in my head when my wife pointed to Pascalo's as her choice for lunch as we were walking back from the beach. We had recently been victims of an Italian Hussler and I was well aware of the possibility of walking into another tourist trap.

I folded to my wife's persistence to go there. I had opted to my wife to buy a couple of sandwiches from the man who rents sun chairs at the beach, but she was adamant not to peruse that option.

My wife ended up being right. The food was fresh and well prepared. The prices were excellent for the quality of the food. We ended up going back for dinner the following night. Pascalo and his wife came out and spoke to us that second night. They offered us free desert. I got to see something that I had not seen much throughout my trip at this point. These europeans were actually passionate about the work they did.

I was happy to have my last dinner in the Amalfi coast at Pascalo's. The evening before we dinned in Positano at La Cambusa. I can tell you that Pascalo's is a far more memorable experience.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Dion V
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very tasty food very friendly restaurant”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Pascalo, just one of those wonderfull restaurants one loves to find in Italy. Pascal himself was there, ready to explain the food, just a great guy and a great cook. Our boys loved it and we went back the next nice for more. Thank you Pascal! Great value too; very well priced for the style of cooking.

• Visited January 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Incredible”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I relocated to Vietri sul Mare just days ago and was without a car so I went walking to look for a place to eat. Maria, the wife of the owner, speaks several languages and is very nice and friendly. Manuel, who works as a waiter/busboy was also extremely friendly. I ate food recommended by them to me and I must say it was beyond outstanding, The portions are generous but not too much and the food was just delicious. I was so tired of pizza and pasta every day that this was a welcome break. Maria brought out her husband Pasquale, who is the owner and the chef. As they were closing for lunch he joined me and we chatted a while and he was friendly and outgoing as was everyone. Pasquale was generous enough to give me a dining guide, a map of the city and a bottle of the house wine, which was also very easy to drink and very smooth.

I am not a food critic but I know good food when I eat it and as a frequent contributor to Trip Advisor I am usually pretty hard on places so I am surprised to see the negative comments. This is a quaint restaurant and well appointed with immaculate tables and clean bathrooms as well as very friendly and attentive staff. I would highly recommend you visit for yourself and form your own opinion but as far as getting away from the pizza and pasta, which is a staple, this is extremely good food and a nice change.

• Visited November 2011