“Wonderful Italian hospitality”

Price range: US$32 - US$58
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: IL PRINCIPE E LA CIVETTA RESTAURANT IS A SMALL, ART RESTAURANT LOCATED IN VIETRI SUL MARE, FAMOUS IN THE WORLD FOR HIS ARTISTIC POTTERY, PERFECT FOR BUSINESS LUNCHES, DINNERS OR ROMANTIC DINNERS. WE PROUDLY SERVE CONTEMPORARY MEDITERRANEAN CUISINE, PASTA FROM LOCAL PRODUCER, ITALIAN FISH AND SEAFOOD, ITALIAN MEATS COMES FROM TUSCANY. CELLER HAS FINE SELECTION OF ITALIAN WINE customaize menus and gluten free
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and on arrival we were a bit worried as there was only one other couple there, we needn't have been, food and service was outstanding. Antonio gave us menus but cooked what we wanted, sourced fish for us the next day. We were only in Vietri for the weekend but we went back 3 times. Antonio and his sister Lina were so friendly, they made our weekend so special and I am still talking about the puff pastry and lemon custard dessert, best I have ever had, hoping that if I keep showing local chefs the photo someone will make it for me, but I fear we'll have to go back to Vietri - can't wait.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I visited with our daughter and enjoyed a delicious seafood lunch. The owner Antonio welcomed us and waited on our table making us feel right at home. We had the most delicious anchovy pesto pasta and two fantastic fresh fish dishes. For dessert we had a lemon custard with puff pastry that was outstanding. My husband said he would return just to have that again. We definitely would eat here again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a lovely restaurant in Vietri. Antonio the owner is a great host and made us feel welcome and no query was a problem. I am vegetarian and during our 2 week stay in Vietri it was surprisingly hard to find a good variety of vegetarian meals. We ate here 3 times during our stay (it would have been more but we didn't discover the restaurant until our last week) and I had a different, and equally tasty, meal each time. The starters were particularly delicious. My husband had a variety of seafood based dishes abd thoroughly enjoyed them all. The only reason we have given 4 stars and not 5 for atmosphete was because the season was tailing off when we were there it was a little quiet, so we can't comment on how it would be in full season. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely be going back when we are next in Vietri.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

What can I say about this restaurant - it's very nearly perfect. The seafood was the best I've had ever. The vegetarian option my wife got was just as good, if not better. The desserts are head-spinningly decadent. But what makes this restaurant so great is the service. The head chef, who is also the waiter, is so friendly and accomodating. He really makes you feel at home, even though you're a long way from home. Can't recommend this strongly enough.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The best welcome, the nicest people and delightful, beautifully served food! A fabulous, unexpected find on our second day in Vietri Sul Mare. A choice of two set menus leaves you with full tummies AND full wallets; or the A La Carte is on offer with an array of many other delicious morsels of food to choose from, at just slightly more expense but worth every penny. (Try the Tempura Cod for starters..... DELICIOUS!). Antonio and his sister made us more welcome than we could ever have imagined, and she even so kindly drove us home on our first night there as the local taxi driver had clocked off for the night!! I've never been to a restaurant where the hosts have been more happy to look after us in any way they can - with food being made exactly to our tastes and as we wanted it. Incredibly big hearts, warm smiles and delicious food. We went back a further two times... and would have eaten there happily every night were we not out of Vietri on the other occasions and leaving after only a few days! A highly recommended stop for any tourist or local wanting a truly relaxing, enjoyable evening, in a lovely atmosphere with fabulous hosts. Thank you so much for looking after us!! We miss you and look forward to coming back soon I hope!!